Harry Potter & the Philosopher's Stone

castlecake

Original Poster
Harry Potter broke records in Great Britian selling ove 1 million copies in the first day of release. Also Christopher Columbus said he will not be producing Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban because he "misses America and his family"

I have always wondered why Disney never bought the rights to Harry Potter, just imagine all the rides, merchndise, etc... I think one of the reasons is J.K. Rowling was afraid it might be "Americanized" After all America already had the book changed a little, including the title of the first one( they changed philosopher to sorcerer<sp?>)

tenchu

Originally posted by castlecake
After all America already had the book changed a little, including the title of the first one( they changed philosopher to sorcerer<sp?>)

That one alway surprised me. I would have thought most americans would be able to manage 'philosopher', especially as it was written as a kids book?:wave:

Smitty

If I remember right Disney and ABC did buy the rights to Harry Potter when it is shown on TV. I may be wrong but I think I remember reading that a couple of months back. Also, philosopher does not really fit in with they way we use it here. Afterall, what does being a philosopher have to do with magic? Just a further example of our two countries being divided by the same language!

tenchu

Originally posted by Smitty
If I remember right Disney and ABC did buy the rights to Harry Potter when it is shown on TV. I may be wrong but I think I remember reading that a couple of months back. Also, philosopher does not really fit in with they way we use it here. Afterall, what does being a philosopher have to do with magic? Just a further example of our two countries being divided by the same language!

Philosopher means exactly the same over here!

philosopher
/f"lsf/ noun 1 expert in or student of philosophy. 2 person who acts philosophically.

·1sage, thinker.

:wave:

Lhriangel

I'm pretty sure Disney DOES have the TV rights to the movie. Does anyone know when the second movie is coming out? (even though I can't wait till the third and fourth cause those are my fav books so far hehe .. I want a 5th book!)

tenchu

Originally posted by Angelique
I'm pretty sure Disney DOES have the TV rights to the movie. Does anyone know when the second movie is coming out? (even though I can't wait till the third and fourth cause those are my fav books so far hehe .. I want a 5th book!)

She hasn't finished the latest book yet. I believe it was already due to be in production by now, but she aint done...:wave:

Smitty

I still think Sorcerer fits better than philisopher. Much more magical. Just my opinion. And the second movie is supposedly supposed to come out for this coming Thanksgiving or Christmas and the 5th book was supposed to be out this summer, but it got delayed some. On TV J.K. Rowling said she was very caught up in the movies so the book had to be delayed. I think it is great that she stays involved in the movies so that they don't get changed too much!

Lhriangel

I thought the book was due a year ago or something? The original contract said a book a year didn't it? Hm.. I remember reading something about that. My mom actualy has the 3rd book signed by her. I'm jealous!!!!

disney_nutter

it is called the p stone because it was based on a stone mentioned in myths through out time which was the key to turning base metals into gold i have the us and the uk version and the p stone suits it a lot better that the s stone.

castlecake

Original Poster
I heard the book was delayed a bit because she was getting married. I am just glad she not rushing the bbook. I would rather wait a little longer than get a book that is not good because it was rushed.

Daddy has gone mad hasent he? -Dudly, Harry Potter & the Philosophers Stone

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom