Harry Potter music on park buses...

Dan Deesnee

Original Poster
On my way to Hollywood Studios right now and the bus is playing the Harry Potter theme song.

Probably for the 20th movie anniversary but thought it was pretty interesting. Anyone ever heard of them doing something like this before?

Weather_Lady

On my way to Hollywood Studios right now and the bus is playing the Harry Potter theme song.

Probably for the 20th movie anniversary but thought it was pretty interesting. Anyone ever heard of them doing something like this before?
I've never heard of such a thing, but it's undeniably... wait for it... magical! (UPDATE: I just Googled, and apparently the phenomenon of Harry Potter music on Disney buses is not new. There are multiple reports about it spanning over a decade. I learned something new today!)

Appropos of nothing...

its-diznay-not-disney.jpg

Last edited:

Budd

This has actually been going on since summer of 2010, which was the opening of the original WWHP in Orlando. It's not common, and many people have never noticed the various music arrangements slipping in and out of other audio loops.

Basically what happens is the major theme park giants of the area tap into their competitors audio, and play brief snippets of their park/attraction music as a way of subliminally attracting visitors from the competition onto their property.
"Hey Mom, Dad, I just heard Harry Potter music being played in front of GMR, (or on the bus back to the resort) can we go check out those rides next, please?" That's basically the goal.
This gimmick of hacking into audio systems and swapping music clips may have started with Harry Potter, but Disney has played the game as well to their competition. Once while at Universal Studios back in 2014, we clearly heard the Randy Newman score from Toy Story blasting momentarily while walking through the New York section near Mummy. It was brief, and very few people even noticed it occurring.
Sea World has also gotten in the game before. One time while at Epcot during F&W, we heard what sounded like the mating call of the beluga whale echoing just outside of the Germany pavilion. Subtle but clever, and apparently management at all major park chains has been unable to this day to stop the shtick or pinpoint those behind it... which is why it continues to occur.

castlecake2.0

This has actually been going on since summer of 2010, which was the opening of the original WWHP in Orlando. It's not common, and many people have never noticed the various music arrangements slipping in and out of other audio loops.

Basically what happens is the major theme park giants of the area tap into their competitors audio, and play brief snippets of their park/attraction music as a way of subliminally attracting visitors from the competition onto their property.
"Hey Mom, Dad, I just heard Harry Potter music being played in front of GMR, (or on the bus back to the resort) can we go check out those rides next, please?" That's basically the goal.
This gimmick of hacking into audio systems and swapping music clips may have started with Harry Potter, but Disney has played the game as well to their competition. Once while at Universal Studios back in 2014, we clearly heard the Randy Newman score from Toy Story blasting momentarily while walking through the New York section near Mummy. It was brief, and very few people even noticed it occurring.
Sea World has also gotten in the game before. One time while at Epcot during F&W, we heard what sounded like the mating call of the beluga whale echoing just outside of the Germany pavilion. Subtle but clever, and apparently management at all major park chains has been unable to this day to stop the shtick or pinpoint those behind it... which is why it continues to occur.
I know you’re joking but we had a day in Canada where the Morocco music was playing overtop of the Canada loop for about 6 hours before they could figure out why

Wendy Pleakley

I've heard music from other studios films and shows in many Disney environments, so this isn't anything new.

The clip that used to appear on their home video releases used music from a Peter Pan movie made by Universal as well.

Gringrinngghost

Its what ever music they license. Thats why they play hook and apollo 13 music in Soarins queue.

Cesar R M

I've never heard of such a thing, but it's undeniably... wait for it... magical! (UPDATE: I just Googled, and apparently the phenomenon of Harry Potter music on Disney buses is not new. There are multiple reports about it spanning over a decade. I learned something new today!)

Appropos of nothing...

its-diznay-not-disney.jpg
LEVIOOOOSAAAAAAA

cookiee_munster

Disney execs are still absolutely kicking themselves from not securing the rights to that franchise. You can see it now in their sheer desperation at trying to acquire things that have made a tonne of money at the box office (yet not so popular in pop culture)

spock8113

This is more common than you may think. I recall the queue line for Soarin' and it was conglamoration of various movie sountracks from various studios. That YouTube audio from "SuperHotLarry"
Indecent Proposal sound track?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom