Trip Report Hark The Herald Wives Have Power!

🎶Peace on Earth and mercy mild. Two wives together and their powers ran wild🎶!

But Keith, whatever do you mean by that title? Ok, I'll explain. This trip was 10 days total and for the last four days of the trip, another couple we are friends with joined us. They are the only couple we hang out with that are Disney nerds as much as us and beer snobs as well. They are members on the forums here so hopefully they will chime in and add some commentary. C and I invited them a few weeks before our trip and they said yes. I just didnt mention it in my PTR in the event that plans changed, but they didnt and we seriously had a blast! L (the other husband) and I quickly learned that our wives formed like Voltron and became more powerful than we could possibly imagine 😁. L and I make many of the same "husband mistakes" and the girls had fun taking us down a peg, in a loving fashion of course, lol.

With all that being said...welcome to my TR!! Lets do this!!

C was at her moms house and I was at our place so we could tend to the animals before heading out. I stayed up all night and headed out around 2 am to pick her up. We hit the road nice and early!

IMG_20191212_024554827.jpg

IMG_20191212_024757637.jpg

Itty Bitty (the cat) was nice and comfy as we said our goodbyes to her and the other cats.

C had gotten some sleep so she took the wheel for the first leg of the trip.

IMG_20191212_053605986.jpg

We made good time getting through the city and past the Macon bypass. I was able to get some sleep and we made our first stop for a bathroom break.

IMG_20191212_051748662.jpg

IMG_20191212_051909066.jpg

I had posted "Shirley status" for the rest stop bathroom and mentioned how dirty it was and @Tuvalu revoked the status and said it doesnt count if the bathroom was as dirty as I described, and I completely agree with her. Access denied! lol.

I took over driving from here and soon we were in Gainesville for our "must do" at Maple Street Biscuit.

IMG_20191212_083035750.jpg

IMG_20191212_083558666_HDR.jpg

That is a bacon egg and cheese biscuit in a to-go cup. We always get it to-go so we can back on the road. We listened to the Jimmy Fallon show skits of him and celebrities reading bad Yelp reviews in dramatic fashion. It is HILARIOUS if you havent seen/heard them. And soon after... we were home (Boardwalk)

IMG_20191212_105114386_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

slipperalwaysfits

Itty Bitty (the cat) was nice and comfy as we said our goodbyes to her and the other cats.

Adorable!! :angelic::angelic:

. C asked if she could check any of the other locations and the woman was extremely adamant that it was not possible to get the set and Pandora was not sending anymore

I was really surprised at how rude this CM was....if their answer can't be yes; they can try to get as close to a YES as possible. I was happy to see how helpful the woman in the HS Pandora was for you all! Also, I am happy to know HS HAS a Pandora! I've never noticed it before!!:eek::eek:

Ive mentioned before that C worked for Chanel and she knows her stuff for all the major houses (Gucci, Prada, etc) and she always has a good conversation with the CM's who work the shops. The CM who sold us the fragrance loaded her up with lots of free samples. They usually will give you a few if you make a purchase, but he tossed in more than I could count. Score!

Must have been due to C's knowledge about the fragrances! Very cool!;)

It was Molly from All Ears! She has a very fun youtube channel and I highly recommend it to any Disney fan
I haven't heard of her, though I've heard of ALL EARS. We watch Tim Tracker and my hubby loves FRESH BAKED. I figure the more bloggers we follow, the more chance we will have of running into someone!:geek::geek:

We returned to the room for a good nights sleep. C wanted us up bright and early to be at MK for rope drop! I had to run down to the front desk real quick and I noticed a group of kids walk in. It was a choir group and they began singing Christmas carols for the whole lobby. It was awesome and they were VERY good!

That does sound like a lovely way to end the day! I love unexpected Disney surprises like that! You all had three in one day! The choir, the nice lady at HS Pandora and the samples in France! Part of what makes Disney Magic! Fun!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 2

We had a very specific mission this morning. We had to be at MK for rope drop. To ride some attractions? To make a breakfast ADR? Nope. We were there to shop, lol. So we were up bright and early before the sun rose and we took a Lyft over to Bay Lake Tower to avoid having to wait for a bus and also to avoid the crazy lines at bag check for MK.

IMG_20191213_072230922.jpg

She was dancing some kind of jig since she was happy to not only be getting her PAndora, but to skip the insanity at the park bag check. IMO, its definitely worth $8-9 cost of a Lyft/Uber.

We had about 30 minutes until the park opened so we got some pics.

IMG_20191213_072641655.jpg

IMG_20191213_073003985.jpg

Shortly after, the park opened and it was a mad dash down MSUSA!

IMG_20191213_075128013_HDR.jpg

As the masses rushed to enjoy the attractions, we banked a right into Pandora.

IMG_20191213_075412301.jpg

C asked for the manager whose name we were given from the manager at Pandora in HS and she kindly pulled out a small drawer/box that had about 10 of the Pandora charm sets. They werent joking wen they said they only had a few.

IMG_20191213_075705411.jpg

Screenshot_20200102-083142.png

C was a VERY happy camper! As we checked out, we noticed another woman who had entered and was inquiring about the set as well. We were glad we got there early. Even the manager said the few they had wouldnt last more than a few hours.

We headed out and got a proper picture of the castle.

IMG_20191213_080153538_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191213_080922231_HDR.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yes, this trip report is creeping along. Please bare with me. I was working primarily from home with the dog and K9 training but now I'm operating out of an actual facility, which has been so much nicer! Having staff to let the dogs out in the morning and evening has allowed me to get more training time in each day and also given me more time to travel back and forth between our house and C's mom house, where she is still living.

We are going to be putting our house on the market and keeping her mom's house so things have been hectic to say the least. But I've finally settled into a proper schedule and will get this TR back up and running. And since i feel that any TR update should have some pics...I'll leave you with these gems..

IMG_20200117_083615177.jpg

IMG_20200117_103518321.jpg

IMG_20200117_113407190.jpg

IMG_20200115_152656542.jpg

IMG_20200116_192509644.jpg

No update of mine is complete unless there is a beer pic.

I thank you for your patience and look forward to getting this TR back on track.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
On a side note, for all the animal lovers here,...one of our most precious cats had to be put to sleep this last Monday. It's been a very emotional week for C and I. We don't have children but our animals mean the world to us.

Ally, aka, "Itty Bitty" was appx 17 years old and suffering from kidney failure and We made the decision to ease her suffering. After everything we have been through over the last year with C's mom, this was the last thing that C needed to go through but she is doing ok. We have so many people around us, especially @harleebug and @Wishes713 who are our friends that accompanied us on this most recent trip, and also my parents that have helped keep our spirits high.

Itty Bitty was the sweetest of cats and we will miss her always.

image000000.jpg

IMG_20200110_155041_01.jpg

harleebug

On a side note, for all the animal lovers here,...one of our most precious cats had to be put to sleep this last Monday. It's been a very emotional week for C and I. We don't have children but our animals mean the world to us.

Ally, aka, "Itty Bitty" was appx 17 years old and suffering from kidney failure and We made the decision to ease her suffering. After everything we have been through over the last year with C's mom, this was the last thing that C needed to go through but she is doing ok. We have so many people around us, especially @harleebug and @Wishes713 who are our friends that accompanied us on this most recent trip, and also my parents that have helped keep our spirits high.

View attachment 441979

View attachment 441980
❤️❤️❤️❤️

NickPytlinski

View attachment 441979

View attachment 441980

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Wow, life sure can be up and down, can't it? Very sorry to hear about Itty Bitty. :(

As for the "up" portion of life's journey, I was pleased to read that you now have a facility and some staff, for the dog training. How exciting for you -- that's a big step for your business. (Love the photos of the dogs--so cute!)

As for the house situation, that will take time to sort through, but I just feel that some happy days are ahead for both you and C. :inlove:

krisri18

View attachment 441979

View attachment 441980
❤️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom