Hardest hotel reservations

screename529

Are there any hotel reservations that need to be made 499 days in advance the same way some ADRs/FP are off the board at 180/60 days? If not, how far in advance do the hardest to get reservations get booked? Do any hotels fully book 6+ months before an average time of year?

DisneyJoe

The Epcot area resorts (Yacht Club/Beach Club/Boardwalk Inn) can have some challenges during Epcot Food and Wine Festival dates and at times when there are large conferences (Gartner is one)

Some value resorts can be impossible to book on dates in February due to cheer and other youth group events.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yes, but the average person will never experience it outside of the rooms @DisneyJoe mentioned.

There are a number of suites and exclusive type rooms that remained booked almost constantly. In addition, some club level rooms during the week between Christmas and Newyears can be booked up way in advance.

Upvote 0

CLEtoWDW

Agreed with the Beach Club Villas... if you don’t book 11 months out and you need more than a studio then good luck.
Also, not sure if anyone else has noticed but to get a Standard View club level room has been quite challenging as of late. I used to be able to book it 3-6 months out without a problem now I’m having to book it at least 8 months out and even then my success rate isn’t as high as I’d like it. I guess one of the downsides of a healthy American economy. 😝

Upvote 0

mouse_luv

iu

Upvote 0

Keppyslinger

Breathing a little life back into this thread with a related follow up question.

If a person books a room 499 days out can you change it to a full package room later on? I would like to try the Boardwalk hotel at sometime and they seem pretty popular.
thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Breathing a little life back into this thread with a related follow up question.

If a person books a room 499 days out can you change it to a full package room later on? I would like to try the Boardwalk hotel at sometime and they seem pretty popular.
thanks in advance!
Yes, but unless something has changed, it is not quite as easy as flipping a switch.

I can go into the whole "why" if you like, but the short version is you will be refunded your original deposit and will be required to make a new one. The refund is not instant so there will be a day or more where you will have both deposits on your credit card.

Upvote 0

KCheatle

I have never found it difficult to book a room at any hotel. However, I have had issues with getting the specific room I want if I wait too long (e.g., can get standard view bunk bed room at Wilderness lodge, but not pool view).

The issue with booking a room only, and then adding a package is the prices go up several times a year unpredictably. So, if you lock in a rate for a room, but then want to change to a package you do not get the benefit of the original room rate. If you are changing it in order to apply a discount, then run the numbers first. I booked my current package for our trip in 3 weeks just about a year ago. Since that time, the room rates, ticket rates, and I believe dining plan cost have gone up. When the discounts were released for my dates, I found out that in order to apply the discount they would have to change my package to current pricing and then apply the discount. However, my original "Standard" pricing was cheaper than the current pricing with a discount applied. So, I just kept my original standard rate. Kinda complicated, but I'm glad I figured it out. So, it's kind of a catch 22-book early and lock in a great rate but be stuck with whatever you chose from a $$ perspective??

Upvote 0

Fordlover

Are there any hotel reservations that need to be made 499 days in advance the same way some ADRs/FP are off the board at 180/60 days? If not, how far in advance do the hardest to get reservations get booked? Do any hotels fully book 6+ months before an average time of year?
Yes, the Campgrounds at Ft. Wilderness. I’m looking for reservations more than a year out and am having troubles stringing more than 7 days together. And it is middle November before Thanksgiving.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom