• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Harbinger of the Apocalypse Day 1 No wagons and smoke

networkpro

Original Poster
We left yesterday but my twisted sense of humor just would love to hang out around the security check points and former smoking areas in the parks with the new regulations in place this week. I did see Keenz wagons yesterday as well as frantic guests asking cast members for directions to the closest smoking areas.

My condolences to the cast members during this transition period...

Chi84

Advertisement
We’re headed to MK tonight. Should be interesting.

Jon81uk

I just want to know where the new smoking areas are, if they are outside security/etc. anyone who figures it out today, let us know! (going in July, wondering about shortening my days at Disney, etc.)
Park map on the website shows it as next to the bus stops at Magic Kingdom, to the left of the entrance at Epcot, next to the boat dock at Studios and directly to the left of the entrance (near Rainforest Café) at Animal Kingdom. Therefore looks like the MK one is the furthest from the turnstiles.

awoogala

Park map on the website shows it as next to the bus stops at Magic Kingdom, to the left of the entrance at Epcot, next to the boat dock at Studios and directly to the left of the entrance (near Rainforest Café) at Animal Kingdom. Therefore looks like the MK one is the furthest from the turnstiles.

But did they change them for the new rules? There were always smoking sections outside of the parks, I just want to know if the spots changed, and if they've made it a nightmare with security in and out, or if they managed to find a new spot where the in and out with security wouldn't happen. The security is the part that makes me crazy.
EDIT: they have updated the maps, it seems- thanks! (looks like a nightmare in and out of security.)

Jon81uk

But did they change them for the new rules? There were always smoking sections outside of the parks, I just want to know if the spots changed, and if they've made it a nightmare with security in and out, or if they managed to find a new spot where the in and out with security wouldn't happen. The security is the part that makes me crazy.
EDIT: they have updated the maps, it seems- thanks! (looks like a nightmare in and out of security.)
I see you already edited, but there are no other park-based smoking areas shown on the online map, only the ones outside the gates.

(and even as a non-smoker I agree this looks like a nightmare).

bigrigross

Well they are letting Keenz in if you have a medical exception. So in about 3 weeks time, everyone will have a medical exception. So this whole ban will be null....

Hah, seriously. I make an actual comment about ADHD and anxiety rates in children raising and my comment gets removed.... Geeze.

Last edited:

Fable McCloud

So if you're a smoker and you have a pass for 1 park a day, can you exit for a cigarette and be allowed back in (provided you go through security a 2nd time)? My parents are going soon and while dad's quitting, mom isn't there yet. They don't typically get the park hopper because they stay in the parks all day.

Patcheslee

All but the AK one has been relocated. MK use to be by the dock for Poly boat, HS was in front or Sorcerer Mickey, and EP didn't have a DSA outside the entrances. Looks like those 3 will mean a security check, though with the construction at EP I'm not sure where check is located.

Jon81uk

R
So if you're a smoker and you have a pass for 1 park a day, can you exit for a cigarette and be allowed back in (provided you go through security a 2nd time)? My parents are going soon and while dad's quitting, mom isn't there yet. They don't typically get the park hopper because they stay in the parks all day.
Re-entering the same park is fine, that is not classed as park hopping. People exit all the time to go back to the car or the hotel room before returning to the same park.

CaptainNicko

All but the AK one has been relocated. MK use to be by the dock for Poly boat, HS was in front or Sorcerer Mickey, and EP didn't have a DSA outside the entrances. Looks like those 3 will mean a security check, though with the construction at EP I'm not sure where check is located.
To their credit, they actually moved the Epcot DSA closer than the old ones. The old ones are circled in red:

Ismael Flores

some of those are in strange locations like the one for the MK. why put a smoking area right in the path of crowds arriving in the transportation hub.

They really should consider just setting aside a nice green area for those that really need to smoke. WDW has teh luxury of size compared to Anaheim and almost all of the parks have plenty of green areas. small areas with a few benches within a green zone might be a nice place for these people to smoke and still keep them at a distance to hide the smoke. for example in DAK how about a an area with benches in here. They can even add a vending machine and a few tables similar to the picnic area in Anaheim so that people can eat and smoke if they wish.

I don't smoke and personally can't stand the smell but something like this might help those that have a need for it

Last edited:
Top Bottom