Harambe Nights at Disney's Animal Kingdom this summer

wannab@dis

If you like it fine, but don't argue with people about it. I don't live in New York and don't pay those prices. What is a bargain to you is a huge expense for others.
Nobody was arguing about it. Simple statement of -- if you want to go and pay, go, if not, don't. It's an after-hours event that doesn't affect general hours or guests. If enough people show up, it will continue, if not, they will cancel.

Personally, I'll have to see some reviews before I'd book at the cost. But, I could see a night out without the kids and enjoy dinner, show, drinks and a nice evening at Animal Kingdom.

alissafalco

It's not affecting the regular park hours or operations for regular guests so what's the problem. You want something extra you have to pay. Don't like the price? Don't go. It's being billed as a premium experience, so large portion of the general public will not go for it. If it turns out to bomb because of the cost, then it will quickly end. But for those who go, you will be getting your money worth.
The big problem i have with this is because this is something that AK should be doing EVERY night to make this a FULL day park! Charge for the food but these types of offerings should be a part of your 1 day ticket.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
If you like it fine, but don't argue with people about it. I don't live in New York and don't pay those prices. What is a bargain to you is a huge expense for others.

Honestly the argument Im hearing is they want something for nothing. This is in addition the normal entertainment offerings and not meant for everybody. (Not trying to sound callus here but...)

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
The NY/NJ Port Authority is the biggest bunch of crooks on planet earth.

But, you don't have to pay $100 just to be in NYC to then purchase tickets to a show. That's a major difference.

Anyways, will this be worth the added charge? Too little info at the moment to know for sure.

Give DiBlassio some time, you might see that happening soon enough....

Kman101

The point, simply put, for me, is that Disney shouldn't be charging so much for an after hours event that doesn't include park admission. That's all I'm trying to say. I'm sure many will enjoy it. I could very well go and enjoy it. I'm still going to express my thoughts. I'm not telling anyone not to go. If it's worth it to them, then by all means, go and have a great time :)

Kman101

Honestly the argument Im hearing is they want something for nothing. This is in addition the normal entertainment offerings and not meant for everybody. (Not trying to sound callus here but...)

And I get that. I totally understand that, and that's how a majority of people are now in everyday life. They want something for nothing and feel entitled to that. I'm not saying I want it for nothing (and I won't go into my own financials, but it's personally not something I could justify). I'm fine with them having a special event that they charge for (they are still a business, regardless of how much money I believe they make). I just have a hard time swallowing that on top of that you're paying a park admission.

More disappointing to me than anything because I had initially expressed excitement for it in another thread. That's all :/

Travel Junkie

And this is the exact mentality WDW has and ingrained into the WDW fan base. If we are going to do anything over the bare minimum we will charge extra for it. People are coming to expect paying extra now which pays off for TDO. If WDW makes money with it, more power to them.
Other parks including other Disney resorts include extras WITH the price of admission.

Pumbaa1222

Wouldn't this be after the park is closed? Why would they make you pay for park admission on top of this? Couldn't it be like with MNSSHP and MVMCP where if you have a ticket, you get into the park for free? Doesn't make sense for AP's though, since you already have park admission.

A show followed by a Street Party with booze on the Streets of Harumbe sounds like a lot of fun though!

DABIGCHEEZ

Another upcharge... who is really that surprised anymore?

If they can get upwards of $119 for this... why not increase the price of MVMCP and MVSHP to the same? You get ride on these included!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
If they do include food, booze, and then more food and booze in the cost of the ticket itself, that would be nice, and I'm sure the show will be very nice, as well as some other offerings, if there are any (still too little to go on so maybe I should have waited to express my thoughts on the pricing), the $119 isn't too bad, that I agree with.

If park admission was included, then it would be a great deal. Why are they making guests pay $90-whatever plus $119? Are rides going to be open? Do you get the park to "yourself"? THAT might be worth it.

We all place value on things differently. That's all I'm really trying to say. I'm not trying to be a pain, LOL.

If they made it exclusive, I would agree the price is well worth it. But if it's going to be like MNSSHP or MVMCP, then I'm not sure the price is worth it. I've never understood why for these two events, you need to have a valid park admission also - only those who have paid for MNSSHP or MVMCP are supposed to be in MK on those nights.

alissafalco

If they made it exclusive, I would agree the price is well worth it. But if it's going to be like MNSSHP or MVMCP, then I'm not sure the price is worth it. I've never understood why for these two events, you need to have a valid park admission also - only those who have paid for MNSSHP or MVMCP are supposed to be in MK on those nights.
Did they recently change the policy? When I went to MVMCP in 2011 I only had a ticket for the party. I did NOT have a valid park admission also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom