Trip Report Happy Haunts Materialize and Begin to Sanitize - October 2020 TR

Hi, y'all! I'm here with my first trip report and have stalked this forum long enough to know what the people really want...PHOTOS OF CATS. But, first:

WHO: I'm Jessica, and my Disney buddy is my mom, JoJo.

This is a photo of our only massless selfie of the trip. It was right before we attempted to get a ROTR Boarding Group for the FIRST TIME EVER. Spoiler alert: we didn't look like that about 5 minutes later.

IMG_1340.jpg

WHEN: October 23-November 1, 2020.

WHERE: Saratoga Springs

WHY: It's 2020...there is no reason at this point.

*BONUS* WHO WE LEFT BEHIND:

Sulley! He is the captain of the struggle boat and owner of my heart. I had no previous attachment to the character "Sulley," but what else do you name a cat with lots of fur and large paws?

IMG_1441.jpg

Cookie! He's a curmudgeon and JoJo's cat.

IMG_1439.jpg

Lady Lee! She likes to take naps and eat potato chips. I also just described myself.

IMG_1197.jpg

Friday, October 23, 2020 - A Text Heavy Arrival Day

Background: Our original plan was to drive 12 hours to Orlando. We took a "practice" trip to Disney World Labor Day weekend. That was the first time we drove to Disney in a decade and was likely the last time we will drive (for at least another decade). I'm almost positive my mom booked our flight for this trip at a gas station outside of Tallahassee on the way home.

So, we had a 7:30 a.m. flight outside of our regional airport in northeast Mississippi. Delta has a small commuter flight to ATL out of this airport. We both live about 20 minutes away and arrived around 6:30 a.m., which is plenty of time to check-in and go through security. All went smoothly, and we were in ATL before 9:30 a.m. We had about a four-hour layover, so we grabbed an early lunch (Avocado BLTs at Gordon Biersch) and then bounced around all over the airport to kill time. Our flight departed around 1:30 p.m., and we both watched The Office until we touched down at MCO around 3:30 p.m.

We had no wait for our bags and made our way down to Magical Express. The Cast Member said it would be about 45 minutes before we could board, but we walked straight onto a bus. It was an uneventful ride. I must say the new video is a drag. More importantly, what animator decided to make Goofy look like he needs to be quarantined with his sickly-looking self? Is it just me? I digress.

UP NEXT: ROOM PHOTOS (COFFEE POT INCLUDED) AND DINNER!

Sulley_1313

Original Poster
Friday, October 23, 2020...continued.

You guys, the pet photos are too adorable! Slow clap for all of you! 👏

200w.gif

Fun fact: Saratoga Springs was our first stay as DVC members!

We became DVC members in December 2019. We bought at the Riviera because my mom liked the "aesthetic." That was a great trip other than the fact that we both had not fully recovered from something we caught at Thanksgiving, and in hindsight, I feel so guilty that we traveled. Long story short, we had no energy for the parks, thought a DVC tour was a good park alternative, and I 100% blame the heavy amount of medication we were both on for making that purchase as fast as we did. I can't speak for my mom, but I regret nothing.

We had the Riviera scheduled but then decided to bank our points when the parks closed. I have no idea how to articulate how we ended up at Saratoga Springs, but here we are. I don't think either of us was excited to stay here. At one point, I switched us to Copper Creek Villas as soon as I saw availability but changed us back to Saratoga Springs last minute. I wanted a murphy bed rather than a sofa bed. What can I say? I'm a golden girl stuck in the body of a thirty-something.

I never received a "room" text, but a Cast Member was ready for us as soon as we got off the bus. She told us our room number and sent us to bell services, where we met Willie. He was so awesome. Technically, our 1-bedroom DVC stay did not start until Saturday, but we got the vacation creep, and I reserved a cash room for a deluxe studio the first night. When I inquired about what we needed to do to move rooms the next day, he was so excited to tell us that we were upgraded to a 1-bedroom (which makes sense from a COVID perspective). He confirmed with someone in a suit and tie that we would not need to move rooms again, and we made our way to Congress Park.

VERDICT: WE LOVED SARATOGA SPRINGS!

Here are some room photos:

Picture in the entryway

Why do the hats have eyes? I thought that was weird. Other than that, my 9-year-old self would have loved this in her bedroom.

IMG_1272.jpg

Coffee pot

My mom and I are both heavy (like do not talk to me until I have had my first cup) coffee drinkers, and this coffee pot will play a major role in this trip report. Also, as someone who traveled a lot for work pre-pandemic, I always appreciate insight into a hotel's coffee situation.

IMG_1273.jpg

Kitchen

IMG_1274.jpg

Living room

I did not take a picture of the murphy bed, but it was so comfortable.

IMG_1275.jpg

Photos above the bed in the master bedroom

I am pretty sure I took this picture as Pinterest inspiration.

IMG_1276.jpg

Master bedroom

unnamed.jpg

Large vanity

IMG_1278.jpg

We really loved our room at Congress Park. It was beautiful and was about a 5-minute walk to Disney Springs. We also had an awesome view of Disney Springs, but my photo does not want to load. :( I will try again later.

Up next: A View of Disney Springs (Hopefully) and a Dinner Tradition

Sulley_1313

Original Poster
Following along, too. No cats,but this was our dog Scruffy. He was a sweetie,and I miss him terribly.
Sorry, I don't mean to be a downer.
I love everyone's pictures of their cats and dogs. Great way to start a trip report. and brave because I have yet to do so.
He is so precious! I'm so sorry for your loss, and you are not a downer at all! I hope to see a trip report from you soon!

slipperalwaysfits

I can't speak for my mom, but I regret nothing.
This is how I feel about my resale DVC purchase this year!! 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 Here's to many more years of DVC happiness!
I wanted a murphy bed rather than a sofa bed. What can I say? I'm a golden girl stuck in the body of a thirty-something.
I see the logic here...I do love Murphy beds, though I'd probably take a sofa to stay at WL!
My mom and I are both heavy (like do not talk to me until I have had my first cup) coffee drinkers, and this coffee pot will play a major role in this trip report. Also, as someone who traveled a lot for work pre-pandemic, I always appreciate insight into a hotel's coffee situation.
Coffee is such a must for Disney trips!!
We really loved our room at Congress Park. It was beautiful and was about a 5-minute walk to Disney Springs
So glad you were happy with your selection! I'm eager to follow along!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom