News "Happy Haul-O-Ween from Cars Land" album released

TP2000

I can do the Monster Mash (and the Transylvania Twist it's based on), but I'm not sure how different that is from the Monster Truck Smash.

Anyone know?

SuddenStorm

Thanks Disney!

Still waiting for a proper Paint the Night release as well as Disneyland Forever, Fantasmic! 2017, Pirates of the Caribbean with the revised auction dialogue ride through.

Or perhaps a Pixar album with the Play Parade, fireworks show, Incredicoaster, and other Pixar Pier audio.

When was the last time Disneyland park specific audio was released? The Legacy collection in 2015 featured no new tracks for Disneyland, and the only releases I'm aware of since are this and the god awful Monsters After Dark track- so DCA not Disneyland.

I love collecting parks audio, and since it's so easy to distribute digitally now, I'm surprised Disney's leaving the market so untapped.

VJ

Original Poster
Thanks Disney!

Still waiting for a proper Paint the Night release as well as Disneyland Forever, Fantasmic! 2017, Pirates of the Caribbean with the revised auction dialogue ride through.

Or perhaps a Pixar album with the Play Parade, fireworks show, Incredicoaster, and other Pixar Pier audio.

When was the last time Disneyland park specific audio was released? The Legacy collection in 2015 featured no new tracks for Disneyland, and the only releases I'm aware of since are this and the god awful Monsters After Dark track- so DCA not Disneyland.

I love collecting parks audio, and since it's so easy to distribute digitally now, I'm surprised Disney's leaving the market so untapped.
Disney likes releasing audio lately that absolutely no one asked for. I'm not sure why.

Rich T

This looks fun: And...(checks) Hey, it's on iTunes!!! Probably buy it digitally (like, now), but it's always nice to see another park album on the shelves!

Really wish someone at Disney would convince the suits that there really is an audience for all their years of archived park soundtracks. A digital, online, ever-expanding version of the Disneyland Forever system would be amazing.

I've got the same frustration with Nintendo in the States. Japan gets deluxe soundtracks of everything; we get nearly nothing (besides Pokemon). When Nintendo of America put a soundtrack album for Super Mario Odyssey on iTunes, I nearly fell over. Of course, our release had a dozen tracks, while Japan got hundreds of tracks covering every single piece of music in the game... :D

VJ

Original Poster
Really wish someone at Disney would convince the suits that there really is an audience for all their years of archived park soundtracks. A digital, online, ever-expanding version of the Disneyland Forever system would be amazing.
Walt Disney Records came this close to doing just that back in 2006/2007 when iTunes was new. There are a couple early Disneyland albums on iTunes (such as Walt Disney Takes You To Disneyland and Slue Foot Sue's Golden Horseshoe Review) that resulted from that experiment. They also tried to continue the Disneyland Forever CD-on-demand system in a slimmed-down iteration called Wonderland Music that featured digitized versions of albums such as America Sings that hadn't been available on CD before then.

Rich T

Walt Disney Records came this close to doing just that back in 2006/2007 when iTunes was new. There are a couple early Disneyland albums on iTunes (such as Walt Disney Takes You To Disneyland and Slue Foot Sue's Golden Horseshoe Review) that resulted from that experiment. They also tried to continue the Disneyland Forever CD-on-demand system in a slimmed-down iteration called Wonderland Music that featured digitized versions of albums such as America Sings that hadn't been available on CD before then.
I bought a bunch of the Wonderland Music CDs.

SuddenStorm

Closest thing I could find to your suggestion.

That's not an official Disney release. You can find fan versions and low quality "source" audio for just about anything from the Disney parks, but it's the high quality CD releases from Disney that fans should expect/demand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom