Happy Birthday to Us

Being the copycat that I am, I decided to save my marriage, keep my friends from avoiding me, and get my Disney fix at the same time! Yay me!

We (and by “we “ I mean “ME”) are planning a trip to Disney to celebrate 3 family birthdays.

We will be flying out of Omaha (2 ½ hours south of our home in Sioux Falls, SD).

Our flight leaves early on the morning of October 16th, which is my 40th Birthday AND Boss’ Day.
My husband would tell you that is NO coincidence.

Oh let me name the characters in this drama waiting to happen!

Candy (me): Almost 40 year old mother of 5 girls and grandmother to 1 boy. I have an inhome daycare during the day and sell Scentsy and Uppercase Living in the evenings so I am BUSY and wayyyyyy ready for a vacation! Disney FANATIC looking forward to trip #12.

Bud (husband): 35 years old and although he also loves Disney, he certainly isn’t a FANATIC like me.
This will be his 3rd trip.

Kersey and Shelby: 16 year old twin girls. This will be their 2nd trip! This first trip with a boyfriend at home so I expect it to be half vacation, half textathon!

Brooklyn: Turning 6 years old on Oct 24th. First trip and VERY excited!!

Daytona: Turning 5 years old on Oct 17th. First trip and also VERY excited!!

Misty (My sister): 33 years old and mother of 2. This is her 3rd trip, I believe.
I think the last one was probably 15 years ago.

Ross: (Misty’s husband): 31 years old and Disney Virgin!

Trey: (Misty’s 3 year old son): First timer and I’m a little nervous…he’s a BUSY boy!

Callie: (Misty’s 5 month old daughter) Very sweet baby, hopefully she’ll do well!!

Ernie: (Our father): Hasn’t been to Disney in a LONG time but his health is not the best so this vacation is going to be special for us.

Gloria (Our mother): Again, hasn’t been there for a LONG time but really does love Disney.
She looks forward to Jungle Cruise, IASW, and Haunted Mansion. She barely remembers Epcot and, of course, hasn’t seen Animal Kingdom. We’ll see which rides she’ll brave.

Since we arrive on MY birthday, I have picked O’hana’s for dinner.
Here is my first predicament. Only other certified FANATICS will understand!

My parents, sister and her family will arrive 2 hours before we will. NO FAIR!
I want SO badly to be present for all of the FIRSTS! First time they see the Magical Express Bus,
Walt Disney World sign, first time they see Pop Century, etc etc.

In addition to this, I’m debating whether or not we should try to visit a park before we head to O’hana’s for our 5:30pm ADR. They will arrive to the airport at 11am…us at 1:00pm. By the time we get to the resort and settled, it will probably to late to really attempt a park. But I certainly don’t want them to go to one without us! Maybe I’ll suggest DTD if they decide they don’t need a nap or want a swim (my first suggestion). Anyone else have any brilliant ideas for me to keep my family from having ANY kind of fun without me???? HA!

To be continued………………………………......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom