Happy Birthday Mickey and Minnie Mouse!

KentB3

Original Poster
91 years ago today, Walt Disney introduced Mickey and Minnie Mouse to the world in the cartoon short Steamboat Willie. Here is that cartoon in it's entirety:

And on another note, here's Mickey's 50, a TV special from 1978:
(Part 1)
(Part 2)

As well as another TV special celebrating Mickey's 60th Birthday from 1988:

Happy Birthday Mickey and Minnie! :) 😁 ;)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I hate this look. Just had to say it.

Especially after the beautifully drawn and full movement and technicolor of the standard Mickey of the '40s and '50s shorts that has not been exceeded.

I'm also not a fan of the Stimpy Mouse animation style. But apparently kids love it, and we all know that aiming for kids is the ultimate/best way to gain marke... oh wait...

prberk

I'm also not a fan of the Stimpy Mouse animation style. But apparently kids love it, and we all know that aiming for kids is the ultimate/best way to gain marke... oh wait...

Great Walt reference.

As for the thought itself, that kids love it: they would also love the real thing, if they were exposed to it regularly.

This style was cute as a take-off of the classic Mickey; but the classic, well-drawn fluidly animated Mickey should be more commonly used -- and especially should be the one used in the upcoming attraction. (Either that or the old black-and-white version, to go with classic Hollywood and the Chinese Theatre setting.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom