happy birthday epcot!!!!!!!!

JimboJones123

Happy 30th Birthday Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow.

We continue to miss you Dreamfinder, Robot Butler, SMRT-1, WoM, Hydrolators, Listening to the Land, Flamingos, and Buzzy.

And what about science?

Californian Elitist

Happy Birthday! The only memory I have of Epcot so far is thinking it was a ginormous golf ball as a California child. I hope I'll be making an official trip there soon!

michmousefan

Favorite Memories ... the Nautilus on Display at the Living Seas ... United Technologies ... The Hydrolators and the Pre Show Film for The Living Seas ... 'Try to imagine ...' So cool.

I also really miss that immersive feel that The Living Seas had... sort of unique among all FW pavilions, it was the only one where you were made to feel like you were going someplace else... journeying into the future and into an underwater world. I remember the first time seeing the final shot of the "Seas" film with the Hydrolators and then the doors open and you see the same shot in real life. I must have been there right after the pavilion opened, 'cause the print of the film was nice and bright and not as faded as it was near the end of its run. Goosebumps.

SulleyanBoo

wow there are just so many for me but I will name a few.
1. my DCP internship working at the electric umbrella
2. the disney princess half marathon; finishing and starting at epcot
3. my first time on SOARIN
4. my first time on TEST TRACK
5. when my fiance and I were some of the only few one day at epcot because of heavy heavy rain. We had no ponchos and ran to every attraction and store ( no waits in line ) that was a very cold and wet but fun day
6. drinking around the world with my roommates from DCP
7. Illuminations every time.
:) HAPPY 30TH EPCOT! I love you!

michmousefan

Another great Epcot memory was in 1999. I was an organizer for Sunrayce '99, which was a college solar-car race that started in Washington DC and ended about a week later in the Epcot parking lot -- Disney basically took care of the entire race finish. It was a great event, and even cooler, I worked with Epcot PR & Events people to plan the finish line staging, set up exhibiting the solar cars for two days inside the park after the finish and develop the awards ceremony, which we were able to host in the AA theatre. They even canceled the last show of the day so we could use the auditorium and get done in time for Illuminations.

As GM was also a sponsor of the race, we had access to GM's Test Track lounge and had a nice reception there the first night. While the solar cars are road-worthy and traveled on roads in regular traffic from DC to Florida, they are still a little fragile. As the race finished during the last week of June, we knew that afternoon thunderstorms would be likely, but the first day of exhibiting the cars the rain didn't materialize. That meant that on the second day the students who were supposed to be staying with their cars got a bit complacent, went to play around the park, leaving just one or two with each car... and of course a big downpour came. The rain was torrential, and I just remember laughing my head off trying to shepherd the solar cars from the Fountain of Nations plaza over to their trailers which were backstage behind TT. All credit to the Epcot CMs who got us moving in advance after seeing a nasty storm on radar.

I don't think I've ever been so completely soaked, but all the cars avoided damage (luckily the storm was hail-free) and we got them out with a minimum of super-soaking. It was a very different way to experience Epcot and a great time that I'll always cherish.

The Empress Lilly

Happy Birthday EPCOT!

I've seen you being conceived, and being born, and in the full glory of your youth, and when you were terribly abused before you even had a chance to mature. But your spirit is still there.

The grandest of all parks! Long may you last!

chrisps

I also have some really good memories of Epoct when I was a kid. I remember spaceship earth the version before the new version was added in 1994 riding the orngal figment ride riding Herzions with my family riding test track at night in 1999 with my family without waiting in a long line. The fireworks show at Epcot for the 25th anniversary of the Disney world resort seeing the daytime show with the fireworks in the daytime I forget the name of that daytime show I also remember the 2000 celebration at Epcot I also remember my first time riding soaring at Epcot and it having a 5 hour wait that was in 2006 I also remember testing mission space before it opened I also remember the soda place that used to be at Epcot were you got to drink free soda from around the world I also remember riding the world of motion before it became test track. I also remember the 2000 sing on the top of spaceship earth the 1980s version of the American Adventure. I also remember the living with the land with the before the new version with the old song that used to be on that ride I also remember the show Kitchen Karbit show and the show Food rocks. I also remember the computer show at Epcot I also remember using the computer at Epcot to make a roller coaster I also remember the show Caruim comamde the ride Boby wars the show other shows in the wonders of Life. I also remember when the wonders of Life closed and I did not get to see Boby wars and the other shows in the building ever again I also remember the old version of the living seas before it became the finding nemo ride that is there today and I also remember my first ride on that ride in 2008 with my family. I also remember the 2nd version of the figment ride and not liking that much and I also remember my first ride on the 3rd edition to the figment ride and enjoying it I still miss the old version of one little spark that was on the 1st edition of the figment ride in the 80s when I was really young. I have a lot of happy memories of Epcot as a kid and the way Epcot is today I also remember the parade that was at Epcot for the 2000 celebration and riding the new version of spaceship earth in 2008 with my family. I might be going back to the Disney world resort next summer with my family and I hope that the new version of Test Track is open for me and my family to ride next summer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom