News Happy 64th Disneyland!

TP2000

Darkbeer you know what I want to know, who was the redhead?

I've been trying to figure that out all afternoon! What redhead celebrity circa 1955 would have been impressive enough to woo Walt?

Rita Hayworth? Susan Hayward? Deborah Kerr?

Anyone have any ideas who the mystery redhead was?

GingerGirl3

I've been trying to figure that out all afternoon! What redhead celebrity circa 1955 would have been impressive enough to woo Walt?

Rita Hayworth? Susan Hayward? Deborah Kerr?

Anyone have any ideas who the mystery redhead was?

Phew, I’m glad it wasn’t well known! I was embarrassed to ask but I couldn’t figure it out!

GingerGirl3

No luck on the mysterious redhead but while searching for her I found great pictures:

Note TROR DO NOT click on these photos. It will only further encourage you to lobby for dressing standards at the park. Even I have to admit those girls look amazing in their outfits while holding rifles but the park is a lot bigger now and I am not wearing high heels there!

TP2000

No luck on the mysterious redhead but while searching for her I found great pictures:

Note TROR DO NOT click on these photos. It will only further encourage you to lobby for dressing standards at the park. Even I have to admit those girls look amazing in their outfits while holding rifles but the park is a lot bigger now and I am not wearing high heels there!

Holy crap. What wonderful pictures, especially as one nears the bottom of ones evening martini!

How have we not seen this before??? 🧐

The gal in the gingham jumper has a great stance even though she's not comfortable with her firearm, the gal in the dress has braced her rifle with her leg like a pro, and the handsome dude with the perfect hair and the Roman nose has fully climbed up onto the counter to take the fight to the enemy and made my old Marine Corps rifle instructor proud. In Frontierland. Truly fantastic.

How much would you pay to hang out with these three at Disneyland on a Saturday night?

wp-content%252Fuploads%252F2015%252F07%252Fdisneyland-4.jpg%252Foriginal.jpg

And then this is just hysterical! Various beloved rodents with their heads off. Stay classy Disneyland!

wp-content%252Fuploads%252F2015%252F07%252Fdisneyland-8.jpg%252Foriginal.jpg

Last edited:

TP2000

Hey at least he is being fashionable and wearing pink shorts to match the pink bag....

Can you imagine the guy from 1955 with the perfect hair and the Roman nose who knows how to take the fight to his enemy stepping into a time warp and meeting the guy from 2019 with the pink shorts and the electric cart and the stage 2 diabetes who only knows how to eat a two pound turkey leg? Seriously, can you imagine how confused the 1955 guy would be about what we've become?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Nobody here hates you, Disneyland. There are, however, some of us who hate Galaxy's Edge, but we know it's not your fault. :D
(EDIT)
P.S. That's not a great look for your castle. It looks like it's wearing pajamas. Again, not your fault.
"No, not you shawn! not you!" -Disneyland "it's not your fault"- Rich T

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Happy Birthday Disneyland! Many Happy returns and here's hoping for another 64 and then some. I will never forget my first visit to you when I was a kid, it was a beautiful summer day. The day I first discovered The Haunted Mansion existed and had noo idea what was inside but my young brain and imagination ran wild just thinking about it. Then I entered the Mansion for the 1st time- and it exceeded what my mind could come up with. I was in awe. I feel in love. I was scared of the ride at first same as the way Bruce Wayne was afraid of bats until he embraced them. I was frightened, I laughed. I went through the full emotional spectrum on one ride. I was totally convinced the whole thing was in the facade until I learned much later in life there was a show building behind it. I was amazed. The Disney Magic fully enthrawled me that day. I was it's prisoner.
The first ride was even more special because I got to ride it with my grandparents who are no longer with us. It was such a special memory. Thank you for giving me that memory Disneyland from the bottom of my haunted heart.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom