Happy 50th Birthday, Disneyland!

Hobnail Boot

Original Poster
Happy 50th Birthday, Disneyland! I'll be in the Magic Kingdom tomorrow celebrating with my gold Disneyland mouse ears! I look foward to your 75th and 100th!

Let's all wish the original Magic Kingdom a great 50th!

-RCT2 Imagineer

Cecil

HAPPY 50TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm here for 2 more days including today, Sunday. And i'll be at MK,MGM,and Ecopt tomorrow! WOOO if you're at mk Once in a while say wdwmagic forum maby one of us will meet up! Who knows!

Neptune

Yes, Happy 50th! Half a century of Great years!

I'n sure the opening day was not as great, though.

(Oh boy..Black Sunday)

Fraisie

Happy birthday, Disneyland !

Thanks for making so many people smile around the world !

Am I the only crazy people that will spend her sunday watching Disneyland documentaries and stuff, because she would like to be there ? lol

Horizons1

Happy 50th Birthday Disneyland! 50 Years of Magic, 50 Years of Fun, and heres for another 50 Years to come! :sohappy: And to think, all those critics said Disneyland wouldnt last six weeks, shows what they knew :D .

disneyboi81

Happy Golden Anniversary, Disneyland. Thanks for the many magical moments and memories you given me and so many others. See you in 31 days!! :sohappy:

"As long as there is imagination left if the world, Disneyland will never be complete." - Walt Disney

TiggerBW

Happy 50th Birthday Disneyland!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope to come visit you someday!!!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Fun2BFree

A poem-

"The happiest of Birthdays,
On a Golden Anniversar-y,
Of course I'm talking about you, Disneyland,
Lets all celebrate, in unrational glee!

You've done alot, you've seen the world,
But they came to visit you,
Mickey and Minnie are dancing all night,
And Clarabelle says Moo!

So many great attractions,
So many great shows,
So many high points,
Hardly any lows,
50 years of queue waiting,
50 years of strollers on the people's toes,
50 years of fun and games,
It's not stopping now, On with the Show!

There are many dedicated cast members,
And Mr. Ouimet, hats off,
His continuing improvements,
Delight first-timers and Boffs!

As Walt watches on, it's your birthday, July 17th,
And you shall again make the children smile,
It's been a major hardship,
But you've done it all this while!"

Happy 50th Disneyland!

marchofthecards

Happy Anniversary!

To Disneyland

To the best, the original, the beautiful Disneyland, may the rest of your dreams come true!

Happy Golden Anniversary!

Thanks for some happy and magical times last month. We miss you!

Simes

PS Think about Walt who I can imagine will be walking the park as typical this afternoon, just stopping by Town Square and the dedication plaque at say around 4.30pm. Thanks Walt!

TP2000

For those of you out East who may be unaware of what is happening right now here in SoCal.... the line to get in to Disneyland on July 17th started forming at around 9:00pm on July 16th. I live about 10 miles from Disneyland, and when I read the reports on other message boards of the thousands of people showing up I just drove over there to see for myself. This is what I found:

As of 2:00am California time the entire East Tram Loading Area near the Disneyland main entrance was full of people waiting in line. I would estimate the crowd to be at least 5,000 people, perhaps around 7,000 or 8,000 people. Anyone who has been to Disneyland and knows that large tram/bus loading zone off of Harbor Blvd. will understand how large that area is; now picture it full of thousands of people all waiting in a fast-forming and loosely managed "line".

What was even scarier was that the offramps from the Santa Ana Freeway to Disneyland Drive and Disney Way were full of cars, and the Pumbaa Parking Lot was the only lot they had open and it was already half full and filling up fast. But I also saw plenty of people filing out of the hotels on Harbor Blvd and Katella and walking over. It's obvious word has gotten out that the line is forming even earlier than the 3:00am time that Disney had planned for. (At 3:00am they will open the gates of Disney's California Adventure to allow people to wait in that Park overnight until Disneyland opens officially for the day at 7:00am).

It's going to be a CRAZY day at Disneyland! I only hope the Park and it's Cast Members can handle it!

They'll open the gates at 7:00am and start handing out the free mouse ears and cupcakes and 1955 replica souvenir edition of the guidemap. Eisner, Iger, Linkletter, Mrs. Disney, and Governor Schwarzenegger do the ceremony at 10:00am. Then Walt's dedication speech broadcast around the Park on jumbotrons at 4:45pm, the exact time he gave that speech in '55. Then the Park closes at it's usual Midnight closing time. (Maybe they'll have to extend that out to 1:00am like they do on really busy days and Holidays) I only hope they can fit everyone in!

Magic Maker

WOW TP2000 that is amazing, I am so happy about that. Unfortunetely I will not be at WDW for DL's anniversary. However, in a month I will be making my first trip ever to Disneyland. Thank God for Walt Disney and Disneyland!

TP2000

Magic Maker said:
WOW TP2000 that is amazing, I am so happy about that. Unfortunetely I will not be at WDW for DL's anniversary. However, in a month I will be making my first trip ever to Disneyland. Thank God for Walt Disney and Disneyland!

It's a little after 3am now in California. Mouseplanet and Laughingplace both have some of the first pictures posted from the masses of people waiting to get in to Disneyland. There's a few folks who are posting on those message boards who say the crowd is growing very quickly now, and appears to be passing the 10,000 mark. And listening to the local news radio station the traffic reports (Yes, there are freeway traffic reports in the middle of the night in Los Angeles) are mentioning the lines of cars stacking up to get in to Disneyland parking lots in the middle of the night.

As I type this they should be opening DCA to house the huge line as 3AM was the time Disney said they'd do that. But even Disney didn't think there'd be thousands and thousands of people lining up at 2AM.

It's quite a testament to how special Disneyland is in the hearts and minds of Americans.

T-1MILLION

www.Coasterradio.com Will be having a special show for Disneyland's 50th by having Senior Vice Presidentof creative Development for Imagineering, Eric Jacobson, who is responsable for much of the devolpment of some of his most recen projects witch include Stich's Greatest Escape(we won't hold that against him :D ) Philharmagic, and Tower Of Terror. :sohappy: I think this will be a very cool interview. What a lovely poem Fun2BeFree! :sohappy:

Yenfid

It was 50 years ago today the Disney said Welcome to the most Magical place on earth. In honour of that I am going to listen to my Disneyland Box set and plan my trip to the Original Park in November. Wish I could have been there today. But I'm not sure about being in line at 2 am for an 8am opening.

Happy Birthday and Anniversary Disneyland!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom