News Happily Ever After fireworks show returning to Magic Kingdom in 2023

Disney Glimpses

This is an interesting perspective I never really considered. I do think a lot of the 50th stuff is subconsciously associated with the pandemic era and bob chapek era of the park which im sure is something fans and the company alike want to move past
I have a very distinct memory of what Disney World was like prior to the March 2020 closures and amidst all of the pandemic related measures, 50th anniversary stuff, new nighttime spectaculars and park reservations, my mind lumps it all into one very unfavorable bucket during a very stressful time in all of our lives. I want it all gone.

Vinnie Mac

I have a very distinct memory of what Disney World was like prior to the March 2020 closures and amidst all of the pandemic related measures, 50th anniversary stuff, new nighttime spectaculars and park reservations, my mind lumps it all into one very unfavorable bucket during a very stressful time in all of our lives. I want it all gone.
I 100% agree man. I think with Iger in charge Disney wants to erase this era as well and start over from where they were pre-march 2020 (for the most part anyway). I think us getting HEA and Epcot Forever back as well as early modifications to the reservation system is a small step in the right direction towards that restart.

jrhwdw

So do I and I know The Bucket as well..... Mine filled real quick starting March 16 2020(mostly non Disney related stuff, some I'll never get back....)...... Although, the 50th isn't in my Bucket. I'm just happy we're as far as we are compared to before July 2020(Parks Reopened) or even July 2021(HEA/EF)....

If MK really wants to reset April 3rd or after, Returning a full FOF Cast, Trolley Dancers, even OUAT would help a lot! However we all know what MK is missing at Night!........

Steve2753

This is an interesting perspective I never really considered. I do think a lot of the 50th stuff is subconsciously associated with the pandemic era and bob chapek era of the park which im sure is something fans and the company alike want to move past
It was quite unfortunate that the 50th anniversary happened in the middle of a pandemic. One could've imagined what the 50th could've been had it happened in a normal world. I remember people here being so excited for the 50th before 2020 happened. (rumors of 50 things stuff, new nightime parade, MK getting their own RDCT)

jrhwdw

It was quite unfortunate that the 50th anniversary happened in the middle of a pandemic. One could've imagined what the 50th could've been had it happened in a normal world. I remember people here being so excited for the 50th before 2020 happened. (rumors of 50 things stuff, new nightime parade, MK getting their own RDCT)
Does MK have time for some of that for the 55th?

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
HEA projection testing earlier this morning. Specifically it's the villians segment where Lion King to Malificient to Pirates part.

Also, they're testing the altered projections with the 50th decorations in-tact/accounted for.

Interesting, so are the 50th decorations staying put and carried over for WDW's Disney100 celebrations then (slightly redressed to have the purple + silver/white colors)?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
HEA projection testing earlier this morning. Specifically it's the villians segment where Lion King to Malificient to Pirates part.

Also, they're testing the altered projections with the 50th decorations in-tact/accounted for.

First of all, they did have an HEA with the 50th stuff on the castle, so, that's not new.

Second of all, how could one tell that the projections are accounting for the 50th stuff from so far away?

gerarar

Premium Member
First of all, they did have an HEA with the 50th stuff on the castle, so, that's not new.

Second of all, how could one tell that the projections are accounting for the 50th stuff from so far away?
Yes, I know that, but there were multiple versions of said projections. One without the decorations accounted for (2017). One with the ribbons accounted for (early July 2021). Then lastly one with the 50th medallion accounted for (late July 2021).

If they tested the 2nd version without the medallion, then we could deduce that maybe just the medallion is going away soon. Something like that.

You can just barely see the ribbons being highlighted with yellow/orange in the picture along with the medallion being projected.

It's somewhere in this sequence that I screenshotted.
Screenshot_20230206_072633_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Should be intresting to see how antsy MK is to remove the 50th stuff.......... While it was impressive for HEA to include the 50th Crest before Oct 2021, The Crest isn't really needed, and could be gone in 1 night after April 2nd........ Unless We're getting a 100th Crest???

You would think that Crest would be the easiest thing to remove right after DE and Park Close on the 2nd.......

Starship824

In the Parks
No

The thing is, we don’t know what else they were testing, maybe they were just testing the 50th stuff at that point in the night. Maybe they’re changing the projections on the castle during that section and want to make sure it looks good with the 50th decor because the 50th decor probably won’t be gone on April 3 it’ll probably take a few weeks. We don’t know why they were testing with the 50th stuff but to me it seems unlikely that it’s staying on just because we happen to see one part of the test.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom