Trip Report *COMPLETED* Hap-bee Holidays! šŸ

We're back! Okay, we have been back for weeks now but I am just getting around to starting this TR. "December was crazy, but January will be better," she told herself. Except, she didn't account for all the things she got behind on in December and now has to catch up on. And now she's going totally nuts, talking about herself in the third person. Enough excuses, let's get this party started!

Who: Me and M, with a few special guests (BOTH of our parents and brothers)
What: A Disney trip, of course! With a side of family time.
Where: The Swan šŸ¦¢ (and Jacksonville)
When: December 26-January 4
Why: Because those Annual Passes aren't going to use themselves!
How: I'm still asking myself this.

Note: I almost called this "The One Where Everything Goes Wrong," because, well, A LOT went wrong. Illness, injury, family dramma, unfortunate planning (or lack thereof), travel changes, and probably more that I have conveniently "forgotten." But, despite multiple setbacks, we really did have a nice time and everything worked out in the end!

bee

Original Poster
Following along and feeling your family pain. Life is too flamin short for all of this crazy.
I must agree!

Looking forward to reading more!
Welcome!

Us Episcopalians can be quite witty :D ;)
šŸ˜„

Following along Bee! I'm cringing with all the "stuff" that you had happen! I hope the rest of the report finds you having a lot of well deserved fun:)
It seems M got sick before the stay at WDW! My husband and I always get sick the last day of our trip, which makes the flight home ALOT of fun, LOL.
I often get sick near the end, too! Yuck!

bee

Original Poster
Day 4, cont.

Obviously we knew a bus wouldn't get us to Animal Kingdom in time, so my brother called a Lyft. I should mention that throughout the trip my brother would pay for things tell my parents, "I'll add it to the spreadsheet." Apparently they just had him pay for everything so they didn't have to think about it and paid him back later, and he would use discounted gift cards and/or cashback credit cards to make a small profit. If you can't beat 'em, join em??

By the time we exited the Lyft at AK it was 4:12pm. OF COURSE I got stuck in the bag check line with THE MOST THOROUGH cast member and behind the people who brought THE BIGGEST AND FULLEST BAGS KNOWN TO HUMANKIND. I was the last one of the five of us through security, but I did get to tell my mom, "You can't go through this line," as M and I approached the Passholder only tapstyles. :devilish:

We decided to try to get into Nemo anyway since we had rushed to get there and couldn't give up now! The park was suuuuuuuuper crowded and we really had to fight the crowds to get back to the theater. We arrived at the FP entrance around 4:20 and explained what had happened to the CM, who luckily still allowed us to scan in and use the FP entrance. PHEW!

8c85b029ec1c567be777ed126b17fb7f1577df5f.jpg

My dad sat on the end (right side) of the row, followed by me, M, Jay, and my mom. Here's another weird thing about my family. Although my parents have recently started tolerating M (as if she is the one who needs to be tolerated) they get weird about having to sit next to her. It feels like one of those logic puzzles/games where you can't leave the fox and the chicken together because the fox will eat the chicken, and you can't leave the chicken and the grains together because the chicken will eat the grains. I have to constantly babysit my parents and not leave M alone with them, for M's sake. Luckily my brother is very accepting and I don't have to worry about him, so at least there's that.

Anyway, we watched the show and I enjoyed it as always. I may have cried a little. Okay, I totally did. :cry: Musicals always get me!

After the show we all needed the bathroom, and OF COURSE there was a giant line for the ladies' room. It is, like, illegal to build more stalls in women's restrooms???

62129a85dfed2656bb2ddb81a25117c21d60eece.jpg

While my mom and I waited she told me didn't like how you could see the actors operating the puppets in Nemo, preferring instead the puppetry style used in Voyage of the Little Mermaid.

Our next FP was for Festival of the Lion King but we had awhile to wait so we mobile ordered from Satu'li Canteen. Animal Kingdom certainly WAZAZU that night. My dad complained the entire way to Pandora that he had to walk so far. :facepalm:

ee2fc63737280eda26715ae5bcdbd351a160c86b.jpg

On the way...

No food photos, oops. M and I shared a bowl because she wasn't 100% yet after being sick and couldn't eat very much. My parents said their bowls were okay but they found something to complain about.

2bb0be79f86ee6f08a96e4d823c1bb538a2394a2.jpg

The show was fine but it's definitely showing its age. The mane of the Simba animatronic was in BAD shape. Also, there were only three principal singers as the younger woman singer was absent, so the older woman singer was singing both of their parts when possible. During the finale, someone had a costume malfunction and a bunch of beads went all over the stage. I was SOOOO nervous for the bird dancers and I could see various performers discreetly alerting each other of the beads. Luckily no one seemed to get hurt.

My mom liked FOTLK better than Nemo. My dad was just disappointed that he wasn't selected for audience participation. He always volunteers for the Indiana Jones show and ALWAYS gets selected.

My mom told me to take a picture of this sign:

ee481b820890a68a01d2dc50eb12acf9a686d9df.jpg

When I took out my phone she said she was kidding and didn't really want a pic of it. But it was too late.

While we were waiting for FOTLK earlier my brother managed some FP magic and got FPs for all of us for Navi River Journey. But by the time we finished the show we were all too tired to stay the extra hour and a half that would be needed. My brother was kind of upset that no one wanted to stay when he got us a difficult FP, and my parents didn't really understand why he was so excited about getting that FP in the first place. I felt bad for not staying but we were really tired and just wanted to settle into our room and go to bed.

02ccbd2548d4c11a3b0b679c47cdfcc05e3966bf.jpg

77d2ec7e6e7bef05d6fe583eecee6dffefabde03.jpg

My brother had parked at the Yacht Club earlier because they all had lunch at Ale and Compass (we were originally supposed to join them but then our drive to Orlando took waaaay too long). To get back to the car they took a Swolphin/Boardwalk bus with us. We were among the last on the bus and had to stand, but someone offered my mom a seat and she took it. The next day she complained about people offering her seats after it happened again. My parents, especially my mom, can find ANY REASON TO COMPLAIN!!!

On the bus M and I were standing near a family with two small brothers. The older brother had obviously been learning basic arithmetic in school and kept asking his little brother math questions, which the little brother obviously had no idea how to solve and would shout a random number in response. E.G., "What is 100 plus 100?" "ONE HUNDRED!" "No, it's 200! What is 20 plus 20?" "TWO HUNDRED!" "No, it's forty!" And on and on through the entire bus ride. :hilarious:

We all got off at the Boardwalk and my brother wanted ice cream, so we got some from Screen Door while my dad found a table.

83fc4026be4789ee2c545cd17fef76e53a9d01da.jpg

We all got on a DHS-bound boat and my parents and brother got off at Yacht/Beach while M and I stayed on for one more stop to get back to the Swan.

e2a656e453df2073e07ef082a6cf9169baff1e04.jpg

We FINALLY got back to the room and had some time to ourselves. We put the beers in the fridge (we hadn't had the chance to do so when we first arrived) and showered.

1b680deb310189e4ac3ee0f97685ae1b51b5b35c.jpg

After showering I relaxed with a beer, while M opted not to have one until she was another day or two removed from illness.

319c442b46e5caf6127243e04d5c447bdf6513af.jpg

Blue Moon ft. ALARM CLOCK!

The plan the next day was for my parents and brother to pick up M and me to drive to the Contemporary so we could take my parents on a tour of the monorail resorts. Then M and I had a dinner reservation for California Grill so we could watch Fantasy in the Sky with the NYE tag.

Up next: Day 5! What else can go wrong???

Last edited:

LeighM

Following along! I've been absent from the board for months so I'm happy to finally be back :) I refuse to go to Disney with most of my family or with the inlaws. I don't want my happy place to be full of stress.

bee

Original Poster
Day 5: Monday, December 30

I slept very well considering the stress of the last few days. M woke me up around 8:00 to ask me to buy her some Powerade because...she was sick again. :cry: Apparently she threw up twice in the night and I slept through it all. :arghh:

I went down to Java and bought her a few bottles of Powerade, plus some ginger ale in case she felt up to it later or the next day.

She was obviously not up to having lunch with and dealing with my family so she stayed in the room for the day. My brother and parents picked me up and we all drove to the Contemporary Resort, where we had a lunch reservation for The Wave. Though I had linked my brother to the reservation via MDE, the security guard could not see the reservation when she scanned his band, so I passed mine to my brother and this time it worked. We decided to valet since I have free valet parking with my Tables in Wonderland visit, but my parents weren't paying attention to the conversation and were very confused as to why we were doing valet and who was paying for it. :hilarious:

We checked in 15 minutes before the reservation time and I let the host know that only four of us made it to the reservation (poor M!). The restaurant was quite busy and we waited for what felt like a long time before finally being seated. Eventually we were brought to our table and greeted by our server, Tim. Tim was really excellent throughout the entire meal and we had genuinely fun conversation with him.

I had the protein bowl, which really should have been called a salad because it was mostly greens and was served cold.

d659aa456fd1346da082014cca8a91c900e31c51.jpg

The combination of ingredients was a little strange but it was good overall. It was a nice, light choice, especially compared with my brother's pasta (which I didn't get a picture of). I think my parents both had burgers, which they liked fine.

After lunch my brother and I gave our parents a tour of the Contemporary. At least, we TRIED to give them a tour. They were obviously bored and did not seem to enjoy learning about the resort. My brother and I kept looking at each other like "HOW ARE THESE OUR PARENTS" because we are both so into Disney/WDW trivia and history.

From there we took the monorail to the Poly, which we thought they might enjoy better as there is more to see outside around the grounds. Not so much. At one point they sat down in the lobby and both fell asleep. We let them sleep a few minutes before attempting to continue the tour outside. We pointed out the bungalows, which they did find MILDLY interesting (FINALLY). We decided to walk to the GF along the beach because the weather was nice and we didn't want to go through an extra security check. My dad wasn't happy about the extra walking and asked why we didn't let him keep napping at the Poly. :arghh:

f07729634d363d97f21d41d55fe5e800af8bf567.jpg

At least the views were nice!!!111

We passed a wedding party at the GF before going inside the main building. We thought they would certainly appreciate the tree and gingerbread house. But they weren't impressed. :facepalm: We also thought they would enjoy hearing the orchestra play as they both have musical backgrounds (dad is a semi-professional singer and composer, mom grew up playing clarinet/bass clarinet in band and still played at a high amateur level well into my childhood). They were at least SLIGHTLY more interested in the orchestra but they really just wanted to sit down and nap again. :banghead:

97d58b1d646348abbbdf8537544d062eb3e2f06e.jpg

My brother was taking it pretty personally that they were so disinterested in the tour. He eventually got fed up and suggested we go back to the Contemporary and get dessert.

Meanwhile, throughout the day I was waiting for a text from M to see how she was doing. Luckily she slept most of the day and when she woke up she felt well enough to come join me for our originally planned dinner at California Grill. She figured she could either share with me or get something small and save half of it. So while my brother and parents and I were monorailing back to the CR, M was getting ready to take a Lyft to meet me.

Someone offered my mother a seat on the monorail and was once again offended that people thought she was old enough to need a seat. But I'll bet if it was crowded and someone DIDN'T offer her a seat she would have also been offended. You just can't win with some people! :facepalm:

At the Contemporary we went up to Contempo Cafe for dessert. I suggested we all share two or maybe three things because Disney desserts are so huge and sweet. But no one else liked that idea so we ended up with four desserts.

5883cb61dbb865243298ca1c78e0bf11290efd85.jpg

07b3222eb0f8c62ef637e3920c58bdf99df8f519.jpg

Mine was the pink cupcake, which was strawberry flavored and had little candies in the center. The cake itself had a great strawberry flavor and was very moist. My mom got the Arendelle Aqua something-or-other, my brother got the Oreo/monorail cupcake, and my dad had the candy cane cookie thing. I ate less than half of mine and was DONE. Everyone else managed to finish theirs but regretted it afterward. They should have listened to me!

e7ca053cda1ffa5ad1059f229a72993645cee987.jpg

Finally it was time for my brother to drive Negative Nancy and Negative Nelson back to their hotel. As we were waiting for the valet to retrieve the car, M arrived via Lyft looking much better than the last time I'd seen her. For one my parents weren't suuuuper weird to us as they left. Overall it was an okay visit with my parents considering their track record. After they left, M and I went upstairs to check in for dinner.

Up next: Dinner...Disaster?!?

dizfan917

I don't see the appeal of napping while at WDW. we are GO GO GO from morning till fireworks. Not necessarily rushing around, but definitely doing things we can't do everyday in WI. and EATING, of course... my Dad wants to do everything when we visit with him. sadly, with him being legally blind and wearing hearing aids, we never know how much he is able to take in and enjoy, but he's a trouper none the less.

sorry to hear M was sick. that is no fun at all. I'm nervous about the California Grill meal about to come. fingers crossed. :geek:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm nervous about the California Grill meal about to come. fingers crossed.

Everyone has given the California Grill high marks. And, I mean for many years, I've been reading customer reviews about it. So you have something to really look forward to! Enjoy! :)

bee

Original Poster
I'm starting to think we may be related... I know your pain!
Oof! Families are complicated!

Following along! I've been absent from the board for months so I'm happy to finally be back :) I refuse to go to Disney with most of my family or with the inlaws. I don't want my happy place to be full of stress.
I guess it's a good thing my parents didn't enjoy Disney, because they won't try to join me on another trip!!

On the upside, it sounds like your parents were made for each other. Lol
:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

I don't see the appeal of napping while at WDW. we are GO GO GO from morning till fireworks. Not necessarily rushing around, but definitely doing things we can't do everyday in WI. and EATING, of course... my Dad wants to do everything when we visit with him. sadly, with him being legally blind and wearing hearing aids, we never know how much he is able to take in and enjoy, but he's a trouper none the less.

sorry to hear M was sick. that is no fun at all. I'm nervous about the California Grill meal about to come. fingers crossed. :geek:
We are not GO GO GO people on vacation, but we definitely don't come to WDW just to sit around in hotel lobbies!

Everyone has given the California Grill high marks. And, I mean for many years, I've been reading customer reviews about it. So you have something to really look forward to! Enjoy! :)
We have always had a great experience at California Grill...but we've never been there while sick, until now!

I hope M started feeling much better during your dinner! Being sick in general is awful, but being sick at Disney is the WORST.
It's really the WORST!

bee

Original Poster
Day 5, cont.

There was a long line to check in for CG and there were lots of guests standing around the check in area. Normally you give the CM your phone number and you are sent up the elevator to wait in the upstairs lobby/lounge, and then when you receive your "table ready" text you are seated. On this evening, however, we weren't even allowed to go up in the elevator until we received our text. I had scheduled dinner for 5:55, thinking that would give us plenty of time to sit down, order, and go outside for the 6:30 fireworks. 5:55 came and no text. 6:00 came and no text. I was getting quite antsy and nervous that we would miss the fireworks (THE ENTIRE REASON FOR BOOKING THIS MEAL WHEN WE DID) when we got the text at 6:04.

A friendly CM took us and two other couples up to the 15th floor and we were seated fairly quickly on the side of the restaurant closest to Epcot. Soon our server greeted us and took our drink orders. M had sparkling water because she didn't want to risk drinking alcohol while recovering from illness, and I had a glass of Cab Franc.

635eb2242fefc89c6d89e98a0d1ab25f9a6bd963.jpg

e6a3c2864ca5831faf1ca8c4814b1a079218a024.jpg

I enjoyed the wine and would drink it again but I wouldn't rush out to go find it again. I gave it 3.5 stars on Vivino.

Next came the bread service, but we only had time for a couple of bites before we went out onto the deck to get ready for the fireworks.

6568105b10a8a633e6f8a7019a6b89b03cbcb307.jpg

7fdbf16f2d5e491b908791f4def04771d057c73f.jpg

84688fcebcc421e8f222dc999d28f76f27061e10.jpg

0947317efc2c8481ed1506308a41bc9c7add3c89.jpg

6d25417d8c0d4e105bb6a107bd006aef222ee26f.jpg

These are the only photos I took, because A) I wanted to watch the fireworks, and B) I was holding my glass of wine and didn't want to drop it and/or my phone from the 15th floor of the Contemporary. Neither of us had seen Fantasy in the Sky, or if we had it was so long ago that we didn't remember it, and we really enjoyed it.

We went back inside after the show to see that my appetizer had arrived.

5d3f93c5808ae67ea482ef847d2baacf36de03c3.jpg

Heirloom Apple Salad: Fried Goat Cheese, Candied Pecans, Balsamic-roasted Grapes, Fall Greens, Dried Cranberry-Mustard Vinaigrette

This salad was sooooo good! It was on the sweeter side, but there were plenty of savory elements to balance out the fruit and candied nuts. The little balls of fried goat cheese were ridiculous.

Our entrees came not too long after I finished.

edfbeb301733ed4d13ff5f52b8b9b12c145524b8.jpg

Plant-based Forbidden Roll: Forbidden Black Rice, Shiitake Mushrooms, Pickled Mango, Smoked Paprika AĆÆoli

a48bf1156871566eba32fe2c40340285bb90089a.jpg

Chef's Garden Kale Pizza: Peppadew and Leek Relish, Smoked Ricotta, Black Pepper Parmesan, Leek Cream

M ate about three bites of sushi and was totally stuffed. I really tried to make some progress on my pizza, but I could only eat two pieces before asking for a box.

All in all, despite the setbacks of the day, this meal was really nice. If there was one negative it was that our server seemed a little annoyed that we didn't order very much and we felt just a bit rushed to leave our table. On the plus side, that's the first time we've gotten out of CG for under $100! Illness is such a money saver! :hilarious:

We took a Lyft back to the Swan and our driver was just a little weird. She was VERY talkative but it was obvious English was not her first language and she wanted to practice, which I certainly can't blame her for. I have studied abroad in multiple countries where I spoke at least a bit of the language and I always appreciated when the locals would actually talk to me instead of reverted to English when they realized that was my native language. Anyway, it was weird because this driver really wanted to talk about cost of living and taxes in various parts of the country. She also made some wrong turns and ended up dropping us off at the Dolphin instead of the Swan. Obviously it was an easy walk over, but it was still a little odd.

Earlier in the evening I had used the Marriott app to request that a few toiletry items be delivered to our room, and when we arrived back we had a bag full of goodies:

a960178a5d05ca12c5973a1cc6b4494516d8f5fa.jpg

We always seem to need more lotion and soap so we requested a few extras. We also requested the toothbrushes so we could throw out our old ones in case they had lingering germs on them from M's illness.

Our bad morning and weird afternoon had turned into a mostly pleasant evening. M was finally starting to feel like herself again as we got ready for bed.

Up next: New Year's Eve in Epcot...fun or foolish??

bee

Original Poster
Following along, I hope M started feeling better, nothing worse than being ill on holiday
I will say it was mostly an upward trajectory from here!

UNDER $100 for 2 at a Signature Dining location? atta girl! :geek: I'm not sure we've ever done that for ONE person. and we don't drink much at all...

although, I'd rather fork over the dough and not be sick.
I didn't mention that the final price was after our Tables in Wonderland discount, so without it it would have been more like $115-120. Still cheap for a Disney signature! And to be fair we are vegetarians so we aren't ordering steak and (whatever other meat is fancy enough to have a high pricetag).

bee

Original Poster
Day 6: Tuesday, December 31

I am very happy to report that M felt much better today. She still wasn't at 100% but she at least felt like herself and was able to eat reasonable amounts of food. For breakfast we had fruit and croissants we had bought at Publix the other day.

efd029e0a419fa37afb2c73516dfe79415c1c1c0.jpg

fcf2564faede718e146c45f71ecf8272c9cd8a42.jpg

Oh yeah, and CHEESE! @dizfan917

Since I never got the chance to take photos of our room or the view because of my parents, here is a photo of the lovely view from our window:

214352079dd245ceafd50a9306f7103ce653a1f4.jpg

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

A slightly better side angle view:

f5dbcf16f925f6503699c7afb7faf6d5ed3c8138.jpg

After eating breakfast we headed to the dock to take a boat to Epcot. We had a few FPs and were planning to meet Jay in the park for rides and a late lunch. He had driven my parents to the airport that morning so they could fly home, but was staying an extra night in their hotel.

In general we experienced very crowded boats this whole trip and almost always had to stand when we first boarded. But then lots of people coming from DHS would get off at YC/BC or the Boardwalk so we would usually get a seat after they left.

50c5edab3e957303001061194c474bedfa443fe3.jpg

8173e918a65c69aaa5c1b562a58210a08d6ee6d8.jpg

0dc0e11025b67b0a8fd5a7a40a31c8702279d0ff.jpg

74dc8ea8010b3b4f4fa4436c7a3c2dad8225d64c.jpg

1257b71c0325c6eee154d9e69314ad6c0cda4ede.jpg

2bed1862d99b596963ca513d40053d628bfa221a.jpg

The weather was very pleasant on this day and we were able to wear our long sleeved spirit jerseys. The park was crowded, as expected.

0b252a0ab74f9220b6e2e467746a3ac5b4d161ce.jpg

One of these things is not like the others...

516d4131bc00c81498624fb13d2e6155b452f74c.jpg

e904311ba2189967cd872fdbe1dab511dbf878bd.jpg

fd3c5573218c6be0228109b437d2a80acb8142c4.jpg

58e857fa6b73e7b52498f2795fa7155348654550.jpg

Jay was still on his way from his hotel so we did some (mostly window) shopping while we waited for him to arrive.

4aa0ab6047b2a242fde0b954efbf294cb11b4e58.jpg

I forgot to mention that the previous day, when my parents were napping and/or complaining at the Poly, Jay and I looked around at the various pressed penny machines. For M's last birthday, her parents gave her a penny holder with lots of pennies they had been collecting for her whole life. There were park, resort, and movie pennies, from various trips they had taken over the last 30 years. Since they gave her the penny holder we always keep an eye out for interesting pennies. At the Poly I bought a Moana penny. Back to today: in Mouse Gear there was a pressed penny machine with Star Wars OT characters!

580252968b44d945690c045c4819a4710fc6af0e.jpg

Naturally we went with the option to buy ALL EIGHT!!!

3d2614c9451e2d17f96ee79afc19baa0afb0157a.jpg

Up next: BEER!

Darstarr

In the Parks
No

bee

Original Poster
Day 6, cont.

My brother Jay arrived and we met up at the front of the park. I had gotten a new phone recently because my old one was hanging on for dear life. Jay wanted to buy me a Disney phone case as my birthday/Christmas present and I picked a Steamboat Willie one, similar to this:

s-l640.jpg

There were lots of pathways open through backstage areas that are normally not accessible to guests, so we saw some places we'd never seen before!

f6159ef76cc11708ee26ea6e53b2a9f81a0168d4.jpg

It was a really beautiful day! It was sunny but not TOO sunny, and it was cool enough to wear our long-sleeved spirit jerseys. (I always want to capitalize Jersey even when I'm talking about clothing because I live here :hilarious:)

135ea25722f5feb37111f2580a7b0d2f30bf82f8.jpg

0978ffe354255a4382a0b0f6478273e84a171774.jpg

80e791cf43fbfc187b20013a6f0ce42040e8cb9f.jpg

There were LOTS of little kiosks selling snacks and (more importantly) alcohol. I didn't see any get too crowded while we were there, but I'm sure they were busy after dark. We stopped at one near The Seas for beer (me) and white sangria (Jay); M didn't have any because she didn't want to overdo it so soon after she was sick.

ff13ad6ef467b619b1a37b50fea05000195a5d0f.jpg

I cannot remember exactly what this was, but it was good!

We actually got a seat in a semi-shaded area to enjoy our drinks. I tried Jay's sangria and it just tasted like fruit punch with vodka to me, but he liked it.

55d6ed57d2c627693d64e78efac6dbf6bdbf66a2.jpg

f6f681643519f1e50ce652aadeb268fdfbe45c12.jpg

1231d05571dad8902e651d6e0af6e64abd879036.jpg

Another (sad) attempt at capturing my nail color. In this light you could barely see the glitter but under certain light it's suuuuuuuper sparkly!

0dd25d6284d32397d6d228c104033fc0088b53aa.jpg

f5b2600d4712e10dcc4a5bb7735c7be8a23f772b.jpg

Obviously we enjoyed monorail-watching for awhile as we sipped our beverages. We already had FPs for later for Soarin' and LWTL, and Jay was able to get us a SSE FP within the next few minutes, so we headed that way next.

b0f0815af58e2a4dc4cb7c93103eab195bab709b.jpg

Why did I take this?

232a5d11bf82a3c55b6f4b080d6b92b76b36eb7b.jpg

f4c79229ba3a0627c460b0e3899d2dfff4c85050.jpg

We were QUITE glad to have a FP!

49d2340db531f23b4f3b57624572276d0e95f4d8.jpg

I wasn't quite ready for the photo at the beginning so my result was...ummm...

76815fa42c99031cb0975092d20143273cbd26c2.jpg

I didn't even have to Wilson myself because the FUTURE Wilsoned me for me!

And poor M...

bbed16b53faa18066eecd9b33b17a2989a54fa8d.jpg

I assure you she is not a ginger man, but a blonde woman. :hilarious:

Up next: BIER!

bee

Original Poster
Day 6, cont.

Six months before the trip I had made a lunch reservation for just M and me since lines for QS can get very long and we wanted to make sure we had a place to eat. Then my brother upgraded his AP so he'd be able to join us on NYE, but OF COURSE I couldn't find a reservation for 3 at the restaurant we wanted. I managed reservations for 3 at some other places, but luckily a day or two before, one opened up for a late lunch/early dinner at our original choices. And in case you didn't guess from my last post, our destination was Biergarten!

We checked in a bit before our reservation time of 3:30 and, as expected, had to wait for a while until our pager went off.

5161d01cb6142261b237f98e8e7b9fc9c8a76336.jpg

a2e7be48d3bba32e1a6fb109a74a94fc720ea9d2.jpg

My brother attempting to get us another FP for later

We were seated with a couple and a family of three who spoke little English and had the dad interpret everything for the waiter. Speaking of our server, we were assigned to Antony and he was great. The family of three didn't understand that they were supposed to wait for the server to take drink orders and THEN go to the buffet, so it slowed down the ordering process a bit, but Antony handled it just fine.

When we first arrived the band was in the middle of their show and we had missed the first half. So we decided to stay at least until that point in the next show.

d282087aaacad9ff44ee3474e372a95be990f540.jpg

35e694b6093107d89f432efb2033623844a34980.jpg

Berlin. Bear-lin. šŸ»

041878c10d94ea5ee8bf25950b048fe4729d093d.jpg

0d6ce59b8d153e9c662aa42e7707a9096321a477.jpg

3612bc801e7db6abb4bb9ec36e4e042e9448d295.jpg

Around dessert time the next show started and we actually stayed around for the entire thing because they were playing a few different songs than usual, probably because of the holidays.

d69857362b786fc45291a203f3fe696b126b0ec5.jpg

Once again we had a wonderful meal and experience at Biergarten. And despite what some may have assumed (*cough @Darstarr *cough) we didn't actually consume any Bier at Biergarten. Since NYE is a blockout date for Tables in Wonderland we could only use our 10% AP discount, and alcohol isn't discounted for APs. Plus, we had plenty of Bier in the fridge in our room!

Up next: Vegetable Boat!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom