hanted masion

chrisps

Original Poster
How do the cars on the hanted masion work? Is the music that you here at the biging of the ride the same music as the theme song at the gaveyard? I ask this becuse the music sounds the same if you lisen to it closely. How does the walls in the string room go up? Are the walls on a track? Whay do the castmebers in the string room tell you do go to the ded ceter of the room is there a swich in the walls to make the walls move?

Erika

chrisps said:
How do the cars on the hanted masion work? Is the music that you here at the biging of the ride the same music as the theme song at the gaveyard? I ask this becuse the music sounds the same if you lisen to it closely. How does the walls in the string room go up? Are the walls on a track? Whay do the castmebers in the string room tell you do go to the ded ceter of the room is there a swich in the walls to make the walls move?

By string room I assume you mean stretching room...? I can't answer all your questions but I believe they have you move to the center partly for safety reasons (remember that a door opens up at the end of your time there) and partly to draw you into the experience a little more. It also allows the CM to move around freely.

Captain Hank

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by how the omnimovers "work," but I can answer a few of the other questions. Yes, the theme "Grim, Grinning Ghosts" is repeated throughout the attraction. All of the music you hear is just a variation on the main theme. Actually, all of the music in the attraction is in synch. Meaning, when a certain note is played in the conservatory, the same note is being played in the graveyard. I'm pretty sure the stretching effect is on a timer, so no switch is needed. As for the moving to the "Dead center of the room," I started a thread a while back asking this exact question.
Check Here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=42386&page=1&pp=15

isnet396

chrisps said:

Ok...

1) The cars are known as Omnimovers. They're a all linked together, and recieve power via motors embedded every few feet int he floor. They have ability to rotate 180 degrees, thust changing the point of view of guests as they travel throughout the attraction. Audio is beamed from even to odd numbered car via infared signal.

2) As was stated before, all the music is essentially the same, just in different styles.

3) In the stretching room (preshow area), the walls don't really move at all. Only the ceiling. This was done due to the popularity of the stretching room in Disneyland's HM. In DL, the show area is actually underground, so there needed to be a way to lower the guests from ground level to below-ground level. And the stretching room was born. In DL, the floor actually lowers, but in WDW, the ceiling rises, since the show building is above ground.

4) Yes, one of the walls is on a track. That's how the room closes. In DL, that's the "elevator door". In WDW, it's more of a really big and older version of the Hydrolators found at the living seas....it doesn't actually move anywhere. Once the stretching room scene is over, the door/wall on the other side of the room opens to allow guests to exit into the queue. Then this door closes, and the room "resets".

5) The "dead center" line is both a pun, and a warning to get people to stay away from the wall that closes. Undoubtably, there's a control box with buttons that allows the CM to start/e-stop the preshow, open and close the correct doors, and all that other good stuff + a phone and microphone, most likely.

Hope that helped.

Ian

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom