Votes: 22 47.8%
  • Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Despicable Me Minion Mayhem

Votes: 13 28.3%

• Total voters

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
What is the better ride ? The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera or Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast or Despicable Me Minion Mayhem ?

Personally this is a really hard one to pick. I'm a huge fan of Hanna Barbera and Nickelodeon. I went on Nicktoon Blast once before it was closed. I really don't remember much from it other than the gift shop and meeting Sponge Bob and Jimmy Neutron. I've been on Despicable Me a bunch of times. It's a fun ride. I never got the chance to ride Hanna Barbera, but it looks great! Honestly it's a 3 way tie for me 😅

Coolbert

I'd say that Hanna-Barbera to Nicktoon Blast was a good transition, the only real downgrade was the post-show. Despicable Me, however, is worse than its predecessors in every aspect other than film quality.

I'll vote for Nicktoon Blast over Hanna-Barbera, though, since I actually got to ride it.

Frankenstein79

LOL, I don't like any of the rides. Because it's the same poop with a different smell. So I'll go with "Despicable Me" because of the cool line.

P.S. I'd love to see a Kongfrontation vs The Mummy battle..... I'd go with the big dirty banana breathed ape.

macefamily

What's different ? They're all the same with just some different paint, décor, and film score. Might as well throw Shrek in there too.

Tom Morrow

Hannah Barbera was awkward, I remember the movement did not sync with the visuals. I only rode Jimmy Neutron once but I remember feeling similarly about it. Despicable Me has a better and more professional feel to it. I still almost never ride it because of only having one theater.

Jimmy Neutron because that was my childhood, as well as SpongeBob, Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Fairly OddParents, Danny Phantom, & CatDog! Never got to ride Hanna Barbera, I absolutely adored the Jimmy Neutron ride, but the Minions ride is just okay!

jeanericuser001

I think Hanna Barbara was the better ride as it seemed to be less about advertising a brand and more on creating a cohesive story element that in all truth stood on its own pretty nicely. Jimmy Neutron was the kitchen sink of nick toons. They threw in every kind of reference they could and as a result it sort of muddied various story elements. Despicable me seems like it was meant as a way to promote the movies and merchandise. The only problem is universal has not invested much into this attraction except when it comes to merchandise which they try to sell by the ton. Despite what Tom mentioned, the ride initially in the first year actually was quite good but over time it broke down a little. That seems to happen a lot when theme parks start to care more about selling merch than they do keeping their rides in good shape.

Cmdr_Crimson

It's Hanna-Barbera for me. It's more nostalgic but, knowing that the ride was a tie-in for Jetsons The Movie and to demonstrate the CGI footage that incorporates the ride that Blur Studios worked on. Which they continued with when they helped in Jimmy Neutron and Minion Mayhem...

Cmdr_Crimson

Does anyone else think it's strange that the Scooby-Doo characters are there for M&G's but no physical attraction..And The only Nick related thing is the SpongeBob store...At one point in time you could see Scooby & Spongebob at the Paramount Parks at the same time..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom