Hanging man in streaching room?

peterwendy

Original Poster
Went on the haunted mansion today and didn’t notice the hanging man in the stretching room? I don’t know if the lights were dimmer than usual or if I just missed it completely. Anyone know what this is about ?

Dragonman

He’s there it’s just harder to see since the sequence is much shorter than the DL version. If he actually is missing though it’s probably for maintenance/repainting

GlacierGlacier

It was present in the left stretching room on Sunday.

These effects come and go, being gone rarely for long.

Another instance of mis-functioning effects: Smoke screen is broked in pirates.

PortOrleans

Went on the haunted mansion today and didn’t notice the hanging man in the stretching room? I don’t know if the lights were dimmer than usual or if I just missed it completely. Anyone know what this is about ?

I think this might be a sign of maintenance. If it returns soon we will know for sure. I'm glad that things are being kept in good shape as it's easier to have small elements missing once in a while than have a broken attraction that has to go down for a year. I guess it's a glass half-empty or half-full situation. :)

Dr. Falls

On my last visit to the Magic Kingdom (Dec 30, 2019), I pointed out to a cast member and manager that one of the portraits in the left stretching room had developed a wrinkle. Both of them confirmed that there would be some upcoming maintenance in the pre-show areas, so I wouldn't be surprised if various elements phase in and out of existence over the next few weeks.

Ripken10

On my last visit to the Magic Kingdom (Dec 30, 2019), I pointed out to a cast member and manager that one of the portraits in the left stretching room had developed a wrinkle. Both of them confirmed that there would be some upcoming maintenance in the pre-show areas, so I wouldn't be surprised if various elements phase in and out of existence over the next few weeks.
Shades of back to the future

HMF

I hope they rework this scene someday. Not trying to be a SJW, but people all over the world have hung themselves out of desperation to end their lives. It's really not something that should be taken lightly.
As someone who struggles with depression and has survived a suicide attempt in the past, I understand where you are coming from. That being said, the scene doesn't bother me.

Sped2424

I hope they rework this scene someday. Not trying to be a SJW, but people all over the world have hung themselves out of desperation to end their lives. It's really not something that should be taken lightly.

For the record, I am against the changes made to the Pirates auction scene.
I understand your point and I by no means take mental health lightly! But I disagree with this sentiment as the ride's dark themes and imagery are what make it work especially the stretching room. I think the way those scenes worked are fundamentally different, for example in pirates the women being sold off are played as a joke and we are meant to smile and wave at it. The entire scene was much more in your face the women are being sold, the men are bidding on the prettiest one, it's all meant to make it part of the fun. Which it should not be. While in Haunted you are supposed to be terrified by what's happened to the body above us everything from the dialogue and jumpscare of it emphasis that! In short it's meant to evoke fear, evoke a response that makes you associate it that with negative feelings instead of enabling or glorifying!

DisneyCane

For the record, I am against the changes made to the Pirates auction scene.

The attraction is all about death and becoming a ghost. Death shouldn't be taken lightly but that doesn't mean they should rework the entire mansion. What about the tombstones? People are killed by falling rocks on occasion.

Nobody contemplating suicide is going to go through the stretching room and have that be the trigger to make them kill themselves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom