HalloweenWatch '19 - Star Wars Land Edition!

TP2000

Original Poster
It's almost Halloween! I just returned from my annual candy gathering errands this morning; big boxes of full-size candy bars, Reese's Peanut Butter cups and Hershey's With Almonds. And for my coveted TP2000 Best Costume Awards, I went to the See's down at the mall and had the nice counter lady put together three little baskets of goodies for me, for the Best Boy/Girl costumes and one for Best Family costume. And yes, I winked at her and she gave me plenty of samples. ;)

My neighborhood is always crawling with kids and I always go all out on the candy, and I am proud to say that my big trees have NEVER been tp'ed, my driveway has never been egged, and my pumpkins never go missing around 2:00am on the morning of November 1st. The idiot doctor several houses down who gives out erasers and magnets always gets his trees tp'ed and/or his pumpkins meet a grisly end in the street.

We've talked before Pandora opened at DAK about how kids have never shown up in blue alien outfits, but I'm going to put a new spin on it this year. I'm going to track how many of the dozens of kids I get at my door are wearing a costume from the Batuu culture/timeline/trilogy/whatever the heck it is they are pretending Star Wars Land is about.

But let's nail down who they have appearing in the small crew of characters they lightly staff Star Wars Land with. Correct me if I've forgotten anyone, but in Star Wars Land currently you can see;

Chewbacca
Stormtroopers
Rey (the young lady with the gauzy linen outfits, right?)
Kylo Ren (the bad guy in all black)

Is that it? Does that one young Black lady with the blue hair who wanders around muttering to herself count as someone? If so, what is her name so I may add it to the list.

I'll keep a little note pad going on the entryway table next to the candy basket and Best Costume awards, and I'll note how many of the dozens and dozens of kids are wearing something based on those Star Wars Land characters noted above.

My hunch is that it's not going to be many, and I'll get more regular Star Wars outfits than the new ones from Batuu. Right?

Regardless of what trilogy you celebrate, Happy Halloween everyone! 🎃

Last edited:

Phroobar

Does that one young Black lady with the blue hair who wanders around muttering to herself count as someone? If so, what is her name so I may add it to the list.

Her name is Vi Moradi. She is a resistance spy for Princess Leia. Rumor is she is getting her own 6" Black Series figure. According to starwars.com, she likes to knit. 🤮

https://www.starwars.com/news/who-is-vi-moradi-resistance-hero-of-batuu

latest

TP2000

Original Poster
Her name is Vi Moradi. She is a resistance spy for Princess Leia. Rumor is she is getting her own 6" Black Series figure.

latest

That's her! This is very good to know, and that she's a good guy and not a bad guy.

Do we pronounce her first name like the word "vie", or does it sound like "vee"?

TP2000

Original Poster
Her name is Vi Moradi. She is a resistance spy for Princess Leia. Rumor is she is getting her own 6" Black Series figure. According to starwars.com, she likes to knit. 🤮

https://www.starwars.com/news/who-is-vi-moradi-resistance-hero-of-batuu

Oh my Gawd. She knits? They pay someone to come up with that sort of dumb stuff? (Knitting isn't dumb, but in this instance it seems smarmy.)

I'm trying to like her because she looks like she could be fun. But the forced backstory makes that harder.

Was she in an actual Star Wars movie? The last one I saw was the Christmas '15 one where they killed Han Solo and Luke looked like a homeless man, and I don't remember her. Is she a movie character or just a Star Wars Land character? Not that it matters for tracking purposes on Thursday, I'm just wondering and don't want to wade into that smarmy starwars.com website any further.

Last edited:

Phroobar

Oh my Gawd. She knits? They pay someone to come up with that sort of dumb stuff?

I'm trying to like her because she looks like she could be fun. But the forced backstory makes that hard.

Was she in an actual Star Wars movie? The last one I saw was the Christmas '15 one where they killed Han Solo and Luke looked like a homeless man, and I don't remember her. Is she a movie character or just a Star Wars Land character? Not that it matters for tracking purposes on Thursday, I'm just wondering and don't want to wade into that smarmy starwars.com website any further.
Star Wars land character. I think she appears in the new Captain Phasma book. Just another character to put in the background of a crowded cantina diorama.

tumblr_pwaqy1p3mi1vhl3qxo1_1280.jpg

Phroobar

Oh my Gawd. She knits? They pay someone to come up with that sort of dumb stuff?

I'm trying to like her because she looks like she could be fun. But the forced backstory makes that harder.

Reading more about her, I guess she likes girls too.

Just like Elsa.

TP2000

Original Poster
Star Wars land character. I think she appears in the new Captain Phasma book. Just another character to put in the background of a crowded cantina diorama.

Okay, good to know. Very much appreciated!

So they created her just for Star Wars Land, which suddenly explains why so many folks don't seem to care when she walks by in YouTube videos. :bored:

I'm going to put her on the tracking list, but I don't have high hopes for any girls showing up as her. So we've got;

Chewbacca
Stormtroopers
Kylo Ren
Rey
Vi Moradi

SSG

So they created her just for Star Wars Land, which suddenly explains why so many folks don't seem to care when she walks by in YouTube videos. :bored:

I'm going to put her on the tracking list, but I don't have high hopes for any girls showing up as her. So we've got;

Chewbacca
Stormtroopers
Kylo Ren
Rey
Vi Moradi

You forgot Ky'le from Tustin.

BrianLo

Chewbacca
Stormtroopers
Kylo Ren
Rey
Vi Moradi

I think Pandora was more an issue of zero franchise representation. A boy dressed as a Jedi with a light saber is still a win by what they hawk.

You can add BB8 and the other two characters (Poe and Finn). Realistically they all appear in the lands main attraction.

While your at it let us know if a single child bothers to dress as a Fantastic Beasts character.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom