Halloween World Of Colour - Villainous! (Oogie Boogie Bash)

LeeHarman

Original Poster
Hi all,

Please can one of the DL community who have been to the Oogie Boogie Bash this year, what time does the Halloween World Of Colour - Villainous! spectacular begins?

Also does anyone have tips or advice for where the best viewing location is for this show?

Many thanks for any help you can pass on about this!

Have a magical day.

TP2000

The Halloween parties don't start until next week. I think September 17th is the first one? I imagine the show will start at 9:00 pm, so that it ends just before the 9:30 fireworks next door at Disneyland.

I would gently disagree with @George Lucas on a Bench about being right down on the water. Like all World of Color shows, being down in front generally isn't the best view because the show is so huge. It's also very misty down there. Anywhere in the middle or upper tiers seem to be better. Honestly, World of Color is so massive I've yet to find a bad place to watch it so long as you are anywhere in the official viewing area.

But when the Halloween parties do start, you can be assured that there will be video and reviews up here!

Disney Analyst

The Halloween parties don't start until next week. I think September 17th is the first one? I imagine the show will start at 9:00 pm, so that it ends just before the 9:30 fireworks next door at Disneyland.

I would gently disagree with @George Lucas on a Bench about being right down on the water. Like all World of Color shows, being down in front generally isn't the best view because the show is so huge. It's also very misty down there. Anywhere in the middle or upper tiers seem to be better. Honestly, World of Color is so massive I've yet to find a bad place to watch it so long as you are anywhere in the official viewing area.

But when the Halloween parties do start, you can be assured that there will be video and reviews up here!

I actually prefer being on the boardwalk also. Although it is huge and surrounds you down there, and you get a bit wet... I thought it was the best view. Once you are in the viewing area you get stuck behind people... and then you can't see the water surface so all the lighting and lower effects are blocked...

Emmanuel

The DL Calendar has the showtimes for the stuff during the party now.

Frightfully Fun Parade is at 8:10pm with the Headless Horseman going down the parade route at 8pm.

World of Color Villainous is at 9pm and 10:45pm

Emmanuel

The Bridge going into Pixar Pier provides the best overall view IMO most of my pictures and videos of WoC come from the bridge
. Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 7.46.52 PM.png

TP2000

I actually prefer being on the boardwalk also. Although it is huge and surrounds you down there, and you get a bit wet... I thought it was the best view. Once you are in the viewing area you get stuck behind people... and then you can't see the water surface so all the lighting and lower effects are blocked...

Valid points.

Although I'm tall and haven't purposely sat in Shamu's Splash Zone since about 1980, so I enjoy being back a bit.

That said, the dessert buffet area is a really good spot. Will they be offering that for the Halloween parties?

George Lucas on a Bench

The view from further back isn't as good because the projections aren't that high, relatively speaking. You have people blocking your view in addiction to those big projection towers. On the boardwalk, you'll see the full image. You get a very light misting and I know that on the left side (blue section), you may not get anything. Besides, it all dries during the fire scene.

SirWillow

The DL Calendar has the showtimes for the stuff during the party now.

Frightfully Fun Parade is at 8:10pm with the Headless Horseman going down the parade route at 8pm.

World of Color Villainous is at 9pm and 10:45pm

2 showings for World of Color but only one parade? Pretty much the opposite of WDW's Not So Scary where they do the "show" (castle fireworks show) once and the parade twice.

I'm guessing though that the pattern to see the second show because crowds will be lighter, and use the first show time to hit some things that might have longer lines otherwise, holds true here as well? We'll be going first week of October and can't wait to check it out.

Touchdown

As I have already seen the Frightfully Fun Parade, and WOC is new I am very happy that show is happening twice as I will plan on watching it twice.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
2 showings for World of Color but only one parade? Pretty much the opposite of WDW's Not So Scary where they do the "show" (castle fireworks show) once and the parade twice.

I'm guessing though that the pattern to see the second show because crowds will be lighter, and use the first show time to hit some things that might have longer lines otherwise, holds true here as well? We'll be going first week of October and can't wait to check it out.

DCA has the second longest parade route at any Disney park, second to Shanghai Disneyland, so they probably think one showing is enough. We’ll see soon enough.

lumberguy5

DCA has the second longest parade route at any Disney park, second to Shanghai Disneyland, so they probably think one showing is enough. We’ll see soon enough.

When they ran PtN with normal park crowds the 2nd parade was empty. They quickly went down to 1 a night and even then there was still room. If the capacity is down for a party night, I dont see how the route could fill up.

LeeHarman

Original Poster
Thank you to everyone for your great knowledge and advice!

Does anyone know for the Oogie Boogie Bash World Of Colour - Villainous! spectacular do you need to get FP's for the different viewing areas like the normal WOC? Or on OBB nights can you just walk up to any viewing area? Does anyone know the procedure for this?
Thanks so much.

SirWillow

Thank you to everyone for your great knowledge and advice!

Does anyone know for the Oogie Boogie Bash World Of Colour - Villainous! spectacular do you need to get FP's for the different viewing areas like the normal WOC? Or on OBB nights can you just walk up to any viewing area? Does anyone know the procedure for this?
Thanks so much.
There are NO fastpasses during the Oogie Boogie Bash. none. Not for anything

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom