Halloween Time 2019

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
So before today were decorations up in DLR beyond HM or did they magically appear overnight?

SSG

2019 Haunted Mansion Holiday 50th Anniversary Gingerbread House at Disneyland Park

Fri, September 6, 2019
First Look: 2019 Haunted Mansion Holiday 50th Anniversary Gingerbread House at Disneyland Park

by Michael Ramirez, Editorial Content Director, Disneyland Resort

As we celebrate Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort this year, our 999 happy haunts are screaming with glee. Want to know what they’re “dying” to see? Since the Haunted Mansion is celebrating its 50th anniversary, this year’s Haunted Mansion Holiday gingerbread house in the Grand Hall is themed to resemble the deviously delicious attraction beginning Sept. 6, 2019 and through the holiday season!
It’s no surprise that this monstrous dessert took 13 spooky days to bring to life. There are six talented culinary cast members from the Disneyland Resort Central Bakery team that have been working on this year’s creation, three of which have been part of this mesmerizing tradition since 2001. Now, at the 19th season of creating this delectable dessert, the creativity from these clever individuals keeps becoming more and more innovative every year!
2019 Haunted Mansion Holiday 50th Anniversary Gingerbread House at Disneyland park details

We caught up with Tim Wollweber, associate art director for Disney Parks, who designed this year’s house. He explained that this was a challenge on a whole different level. “We tried to keep it as faithful to the Haunted Mansion itself so guests could immediately get that it’s the mansion, and know that it’s a heartfelt ‘dead-ication’ to it,” said Wollweber.
  • hmg02398402934823423.jpg
  • hmg093840293840239482.jpg
When it comes to the details of the structure, Wollweber said they designed all sorts of familiar intricate details that are a part of the attraction. “We have lantern bits in there, doors where they generally would be found, green iron work in there…we’ve never really done that before.”

Jokingly, Wollweber jokingly wonders if the gingerbread ghosts were once “alive,” but once eaten, came back to life to haunt this gingerbread house.

His favorite part about the experience? “More than any of the other designs we’ve done, this one is a great labor of love that pays tribute to what’s been around for half a century. This is our congratulations for haunting a place for 50 years and we are happy that people still love it.”

Standing at nearly 10-feet tall, the Haunted Mansion replica itself steals the hearts of all who lay eyes to it with its intricate details and some familiar faces. There are 15 spirited Haunted Mansion residents made of gingerbread cookies ranging from 24 to 30 inches tall. Can you imagine all of the ingredients it takes to create this centerpiece?

Here are this year’s concocted ingredients that make up this ghostly home:
  • Over 30 pounds of gingerbread
  • 120 pounds of frosting and icing
  • 75 pounds of powdered sugar
  • 140 pounds of fondant
  • …and more!
You can experience this freakishly fun gingerbread house and more during Halloween Time (and through the holidays) at the Disneyland Resort! For more information on Halloween Time and the 50th anniversary of the Haunted Mansion, check out these stories on the Disney Parks Blog below. Happy Haunting!

sponono88

2019 Haunted Mansion Holiday 50th Anniversary Gingerbread House at Disneyland Park

Fri, September 6, 2019
First Look: 2019 Haunted Mansion Holiday 50th Anniversary Gingerbread House at Disneyland Park

by Michael Ramirez, Editorial Content Director, Disneyland Resort

As we celebrate Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort this year, our 999 happy haunts are screaming with glee. Want to know what they’re “dying” to see? Since the Haunted Mansion is celebrating its 50th anniversary, this year’s Haunted Mansion Holiday gingerbread house in the Grand Hall is themed to resemble the deviously delicious attraction beginning Sept. 6, 2019 and through the holiday season!
It’s no surprise that this monstrous dessert took 13 spooky days to bring to life. There are six talented culinary cast members from the Disneyland Resort Central Bakery team that have been working on this year’s creation, three of which have been part of this mesmerizing tradition since 2001. Now, at the 19th season of creating this delectable dessert, the creativity from these clever individuals keeps becoming more and more innovative every year!
2019 Haunted Mansion Holiday 50th Anniversary Gingerbread House at Disneyland park details

We caught up with Tim Wollweber, associate art director for Disney Parks, who designed this year’s house. He explained that this was a challenge on a whole different level. “We tried to keep it as faithful to the Haunted Mansion itself so guests could immediately get that it’s the mansion, and know that it’s a heartfelt ‘dead-ication’ to it,” said Wollweber.
  • hmg02398402934823423.jpg
  • hmg093840293840239482.jpg
When it comes to the details of the structure, Wollweber said they designed all sorts of familiar intricate details that are a part of the attraction. “We have lantern bits in there, doors where they generally would be found, green iron work in there…we’ve never really done that before.”

Jokingly, Wollweber jokingly wonders if the gingerbread ghosts were once “alive,” but once eaten, came back to life to haunt this gingerbread house.

His favorite part about the experience? “More than any of the other designs we’ve done, this one is a great labor of love that pays tribute to what’s been around for half a century. This is our congratulations for haunting a place for 50 years and we are happy that people still love it.”

Standing at nearly 10-feet tall, the Haunted Mansion replica itself steals the hearts of all who lay eyes to it with its intricate details and some familiar faces. There are 15 spirited Haunted Mansion residents made of gingerbread cookies ranging from 24 to 30 inches tall. Can you imagine all of the ingredients it takes to create this centerpiece?

Here are this year’s concocted ingredients that make up this ghostly home:
  • Over 30 pounds of gingerbread
  • 120 pounds of frosting and icing
  • 75 pounds of powdered sugar
  • 140 pounds of fondant
  • …and more!
You can experience this freakishly fun gingerbread house and more during Halloween Time (and through the holidays) at the Disneyland Resort! For more information on Halloween Time and the 50th anniversary of the Haunted Mansion, check out these stories on the Disney Parks Blog below. Happy Haunting!

Looks fantastic. I think i'm one of the few people who prefer HMH over regular HM. It's a better overall attraction (in my opinion!).

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Ok good to know, never been to any of the parks in September and Christmas in Nov at WDW....something to consider in my planning.
Thanks so much for answering my query. Are the resort hotels get decked out as well?

George Lucas on a Bench

20190906_155514_HDR.jpg

Just got out of Haunted Mansion Holiday. As I've alluded to for weeks now, I've decided to turn over a new leaf and just accept it. How bad can it be?

Just kidding! It is the worst piece of crap. Even worse than the ride itself is the types of people it attracts. There was more video lighting and flash photography than I've ever seen in an attraction. I get that it's bright in there, but what the heck. Everything about it is excruciatingly annoying. I'm going to Star Wars Land.

iMax

Honestly, I was expecting more of the show to be cut. Pleasantly surprised; good job Disney. This is how you should be treating your day Guests.

The show looks fantastic this year, I believe its also in its 10th year. Can't wait to see it next month especially since WDW lost Hallowishes and this show has all the music from it.

TP2000

View attachment 407054

Just got out of Haunted Mansion Holiday. As I've alluded to for weeks now, I've decided to turn over a new leaf and just accept it. How bad can it be?

Just kidding! It is the worst piece of crap. Even worse than the ride itself is the types of people it attracts. There was more video lighting and flash photography than I've ever seen in an attraction. I get that it's bright in there, but what the heck. Everything about it is excruciatingly annoying. I'm going to Star Wars Land.

I have nothing but respect for your firmly held beliefs. Please don't ever change.

But looking at that picture, I'm worried that the skeleton guy and his creepy lady friend (I just finished my Saturday martini, I honestly can't remember their names) are about to run into all those unused Star Wars Land Virtual Queue signs that Disneyland stored in that lightly themed emergency exit path.

Did they at least move the Star Wars signs to let the Fullerton Junior College drama students get out into the park?

Last edited:

TP2000

Seeing as the airing of the grievances has begun, I'd like to briefly add my two cents in that it is awfully early to be embracing any of the holidays. I will meet you back here at the end of the month.

While I actually enjoy Haunted Mansion Holiday in October, and Small World Holiday from about December 10th through the 25th, I couldn't agree with you more. And trust me, I have grievances to air...

It's September 7th. My local Ralphs Fresh Fare still has giant boxes of fresh watermelon for sale at the entry doors. It was sunny and dry and 92 degrees today. My lime trees are still going crazy and I have enough citrus fruit in my backyard to prevent scurvy for a mid-sized Navy. But I'm supposed to get excited for Halloween? No thanks.

I've got the hottest month of the year in coastal SoCal still to get through (September). And then in early October there's Columbus Day to celebrate as a Scandinavian-American who delights in reminding anyone who will listen, and several who don't, that Leif Erickson arrived in Canada on purpose about 400 years before Columbus accidentally ran into the Caribbean trying to find India. And Leif financed his own journey, while Columbus was a gigolo for the Queen of Spain.

But then around October 20th I will purchase an odd number of pumpkins (either 3 or 5, never 2 or 4) to decorate the front porch with. Then I'll go to Costco and buy several cases of full-size Hershey bars and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and then go to See's Candy across the freeway in Orange and buy three small Halloween baskets of chocolates to pass out to the kids who win my official "Best Costume!" award. Then on October 31st I'll light the candles and pass out about four pounds of candy in my busy neighborhood and give out my "Best Costume!" awards.

And that's the way the ancient Celtic peoples and Milton Hershey and Mary See intended you to celebrate Halloween!

This whole thing where the Disney Parks Blog wants you to start celebrating that in early September is just dumb.

It's September 7th. Halloween Ahora! 🙄

Last edited:

Touchdown

Meanwhile, I throughly enjoyed football starting this past Thursday when my Packers managed to beat the rival and favored Bears in Chicago. I’ll be putting up my Fall and Halloween decorations this week after already making all my Halloween Playlists a few days ago and I’ll be looking forward to visiting my first Haunted Theme Park in 2 weeks (Halloweekends @ Cedar Point.) I also can’t wait to see It:Chapter 2 sometime soon.

Fall and the Halloween season starts after Labor Day and I’m ready. 🎃👻

Animaniac93-98

This whole thing where the Disney Parks Blog wants you to start celebrating that in early September is just dumb.

It's September 7th. Halloween Ahora! 🙄

It's a worldwide trend for both Disney and Universal to start Halloween in September now. These are the 2019 start dates:

WDW: August 16 (August...AUGUST)
DLR: September 6
TDR: September 10
HKDL: September 12
DLP: September 28
SDL: They do Halloween, but I can't find 2019 dates yet.

Universal Orlando: September 6
Universal Japan: September 6 / 7 for HHN
Universal Hollywood: September 13
Universal Singapore: September 27

At least some wait until the end of the month, but since Halloween is now second only to Christmas when it comes to consumer spending, and September was a slow month for visits in the past, these parks are more then ready to begin $ELL-oween!

britain

I wanted to share this dismaying observation: In Carsland, there's this funny zombie car wreckage decoration by Mater's.

But then I got to thinking... what's it made of?

What's the in-universe story of what's it made of?

:oops:

Because it doesn't look like some sort of rubber "Made in China" zombie body part decoration that we humans might put on our front lawns at Halloween.

Thank you, Mr. Dusty Sage, for the photo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom