Halloween Party on 8/21 and 8/24??

Lou Filerman

Tried to book dining today and both dates have no dining available. I know they started the Halloween party early last year, it appears they are doing it even earlier this year....any insight from anyone?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Tried to book dining today and both dates have no dining available. I know they started the Halloween party early last year, it appears they are doing it even earlier this year....any insight from anyone?
Do you have a resort reservation starting August 15th? Because the only way you could book dining today would be if you did and took advantage of the 180 + 10 perk for resort guests. Otherwise the 21st and the 24th are not yet available.

But to answer you Halloween party question, there is a rumor that the first MNSSHP will be August 24.

Upvote 0

Lou Filerman

Original Poster
Do you have a resort reservation starting August 15th? Because the only way you could book dining today would be if you did and took advantage of the 180 + 10 perk for resort guests. Otherwise the 21st and the 24th are not yet available.

But to answer you Halloween party question, there is a rumor that the first MNSSHP will be August 24.
Yes. I booked multiple other dates that week. Those are the only two dates I couldn’t book.

Upvote 0

Lou Filerman

Original Poster
I’m pretty certain the 24th is one as that was the same Friday last year it started..if they add the 21st this year, its just moving earlier and earlier...pretty soon Halloween will be in July! I was able to book for every other day that week...so it has to be Halloween.

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

I think in the past that's how guests who figure out the dates of MNSSHP by trying to book ADRs on rumored dates, then typically those were indeed the dates. Wow, I can't believe that they are having parties that early into August--I do love the MNSSHP but something seems slightly off about having halloween that early in August :jawdrop:

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

I think in the past that's how guests who figure out the dates of MNSSHP by trying to book ADRs on rumored dates, then typically those were indeed the dates. Wow, I can't believe that they are having parties that early into August--I do love the MNSSHP but something seems slightly off about having halloween that early in August :jawdrop:
Granted, I’ll get tickets lol.

Honestly, across America, “Fall” is now a season beginning in early August with tons of activities for families (with some combination of hay, corn, apples, and pumpkins). Disney might as well, too.

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

Well, now that our school board is considering starting our kids' school after labor day like every other school in the Pacific Northwest, we may be able to squeeze in MNSSHP again (my oldest DS will be headed to high school and will be too hard to pull him from school, even private school, now that he's older)! We were going to have to make do with doing a long weekend with possibly going to DLR for their Halloween party, but totally not the same!

Upvote 0

Laurensl

I’m confused. I can book at 180 plus 10 days as a resort guest? When I go on the app it doesn’t show it open?

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

I’m confused. I can book at 180 plus 10 days as a resort guest? When I go on the app it doesn’t show it open?
I was confused about this as well when my booking window approached. I was told that if staying on site, you can book starting at 180 days plus the following 10 days (otherwise, I think you have to call back every day for each reservation at 180 days if staying off-site, so for a week's stay, you would have to call every day for ADRs, but staying on-site, you can make you entire week's ADRs at your 180-day mark). I have no idea what happens if staying longer than 10-days...:confused:

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Now to my other posts about the theater, of course Disney would move the Halloween party earlier lol. Regardless people will buy. It really could be in July and people will pack it in. To be fair i love Halloween at the magic Kingdom.

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

Now to my other posts about the theater, of course Disney would move the Halloween party earlier lol. Regardless people will buy. It really could be in July and people will pack it in. To be fair i love Halloween at the magic Kingdom.
I will not be surprised if within the next 5 years there will be Halloween parties popping up the end of July! And we'd probably do it :eek:;). We are the family that goes all out for Pirate night on the Disney cruise ship.

Attachments

• Pirates.jpg
    Pirates.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 25
Upvote 0

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

I wouldn't mind, and I think it would be popular, for a Halloween Town Land in either MK (connected to HM) or in DHS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mousehockey37

Good heavens... Halloween party halfway through August? When's the start of food and wine? Same time? Earlier?

New Sales Pitch... Year of a Million Upcharge Events... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
As @NelleBelle said, if you are a Disney resort guest you can book reservations up to 10 days past your check in date when you are 180 days out. (Offsite guests must book one day at a time.) Sometimes the app is glitchy and does not show 10 days past 180, so use the website or call to book.

I have no idea what happens if staying longer than 10-days...:confused:
For stays longer than 10 days, you need to wait until 180 days from each subsequent day to book (same as an offsite guest.)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom