Halloween Party in the rain?

LostPrincessKarleigh

So, we are planning to attend MNSSHP next friday night and the 10 day forecast is predicting a 60% chance of rain.
I know the Headless Horseman will not ride when it rains but what else could we expect to be closed down if the heavens open up on us?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
As one who experienced heavy downpour from 6-10 p.m. last year:
The early parade was canceled. The second parade was postponed until 11 p.m. The headless horseman did not ride and there were fewer characters in it (I have seen the parade before.) The 9:45 p.m. fireworks did not go off until almost 10:30 p.m.

The candy stations were moved to indoor areas where possible. The villains meet and greet did not occur. No storytelling outside Haunted Mansion. No dance party either.

Attractions that were outdoors (Splash, Big Thunder) were closed. Indoor attractions and open restaurants and gift stores were mobbed with wet people in drippy costumes.

It was awful.

Unfortunately, weather does really impact the fun of MNSSHP. After last year's incident, I am hesitant to purchase tickets in advance again.

Upvote 0

jennifer84

Hi last year we had terrible rain during first week of October during our vacation. At the MNSSHP huge thunder storm started at about 6pm and lasted all night. The event was a wash out, disney do however refund your money but be warned you need to get to guest relations pronto because the line for refunds stretched the length of Main Street... It was chaos, as you could only get your money refunded at the MK guest relations.

Upvote 0

mguimond1990

Went to party on Tuesday 9/24 and it did rain right before the parade. There was no headless horsemen, the parade was delayed about a half hour. I think it started around 8:40. Hallowishes went on around scheduled time, I think it was around 930. It can put a real damper on things if the weather gets too bad. There was no villain dance party. They started the first one around 745 but stopped it 5min in due to the rain. The whole party tho has a great felling to it. The trick or treating, haunted mansion, and seeing everyone dressed up is cool. Don't let the weather bring you down :)

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Hi last year we had terrible rain during first week of October during our vacation. At the MNSSHP huge thunder storm started at about 6pm and lasted all night. The event was a wash out, disney do however refund your money but be warned you need to get to guest relations pronto because the line for refunds stretched the length of Main Street... It was chaos, as you could only get your money refunded at the MK guest relations.
We were there that same night!

Upvote 0

Runmyhorse

We were there on Tuesday 9/24h the and nonheadless horseman. We wasted 3 hrs for both parades due to rain and hoping to see headless horseman. The streets really weren't wet during second parade and I was hoping he could atleast walk through. It was awful.it really was miserable. we left maybe with a handful of candy. I didnt know about the refund thing. Wish I had.

Upvote 0

luv

MNSSHP and MVMCP are a LOT less fun on the rain. You really must decide that you're going to have fun and keep that mindset when it's pouring down.

I wait until I know what Mother Nature's planning before I buy tickets. But if you wait until the day of the party, you sometimes will risk a sell-out. It's a hard decision!

I also think it is an excellent idea to plan the party for early in your trip so that if the weather doesn't cooperate, you can skip it and go another night.

Upvote 0

MOXOMUMD

We were there on Tuesday 9/24h the and nonheadless horseman. We wasted 3 hrs for both parades due to rain and hoping to see headless horseman. The streets really weren't wet during second parade and I was hoping he could atleast walk through. It was awful.it really was miserable. we left maybe with a handful of candy. I didnt know about the refund thing. Wish I had.
I'm sure it's a safety issue for the horse and rider, especially since they've wiped out before.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom