Halloween is saved!

Phroobar

Original Poster
Urban Legends Haunt at the OC Fairgrounds will be doing a drive thru maze.

Drive-thru Halloween haunt. Guests will enjoy in the safety of their own vehicle a drive-thru where scare seekers will experience immersive storytelling and terrifying sets. Guests will be entertained by live performances throughout their drive, plus experience 3 interactive show zones and an immersive show of lights, sound, special effects and monsters will come alive.

Stevek

Urban Legends Haunt at the OC Fairgrounds will be doing a drive thru maze.

Drive-thru Halloween haunt. Guests will enjoy in the safety of their own vehicle a drive-thru where scare seekers will experience immersive storytelling and terrifying sets. Guests will be entertained by live performances throughout their drive, plus experience 3 interactive show zones and an immersive show of lights, sound, special effects and monsters will come alive.

There will also be a Stranger Things drive thru maze in LA

DavidDL

I wouldn't want to be a performer in these things, I'd be worried about getting run over by a freaked out driver....

I had a similar thought when I heard about the Stranger Things maze. I've never seen or heard about a drive through haunt before, maybe the concept will give birth to something new and unique. But I have to say, to me and on paper at least, it sounds almost like a recipe for disaster. You know someone driving a piece of heavy machinery? Let's have them drive through show scenes they'll be paying attention to instead of where they're going and while we're at it, let's go ahead and attempt to try and freak the hell out of them while they're operating said machinery.

If it's not the actors at risk, it could be the vehicle in front of or behind you. Then there's the possibility of having to get car insurance companies involved if something happens and the haunt potentially having to deal with those issues. But who knows, maybe it will work. You don't get anywhere without at least trying. In a perfect world, I'd have cars spaced out and locked into a track similar to when you place your car in neutral at a car wash and it gets carried through. That way you could be free to take your hands off the wheel and enjoy the haunt and re-assume control of the vehicle when it's over.

Problem there is the issue of trying to build a track. Not sure how feasible or complex that would be for something temporary like a haunt.

Figments Friend

So this idea sounds very similar to the 'haunted hayride' type of experiences.
Except this time, instead of being seated in a open air cart or flatbed trailer being pulled by a tractor, one can now transverse the course in their own sealed vehicle.

-

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Being locked in your safe METAL car with the windows up defeats the purpose of a horror maze. There is a reason they are walk through attractions. This is not going to work and as others have pointed out someone could get hurt

Emmanuel

0BC8CA41-B64F-4ADE-AFE9-16DE64184896.jpeg

This is what one “drive through” haunt in FL is going to do to handle safety in regard to potential scared people possibly flooring it

Phroobar

Original Poster
View attachment 493924
This is what one “drive through” haunt in FL is going to do to handle safety in regard to potential scared people possibly flooring it
I look at it as if it were Lion Country Safari without the monkeys jumping on your car. You drive slowly by and the actors wave at you or you see scary scenes. I really don't think the actors are going to touch or jump on the cars. It's unsafe for the actors and the car owners could sue over dents created by the actors.

Nirya

Yeah, I'm buying tickets for it, but I'm very interested to see how it works.

It would almost work best if they could put the cars on a track and pull each one through (like a car wash, with the cars in neutral) but I imagine that would raise the cost considerably.

NobodyElse

Being locked in your safe METAL car with the windows up defeats the purpose of a horror maze. There is a reason they are walk through attractions. This is not going to work and as others have pointed out someone could get hurt

From their web site:
All guests must wear masks during the experience when they choose to open their windows, this will help prevent the transmission of COVID-19 and also allows for a fully immersive experience with our monsters

NobodyElse

I look at it as if it were Lion Country Safari without the monkeys jumping on your car. You drive slowly by and the actors wave at you or you see scary scenes. I really don't think the actors are going to touch or jump on the cars. It's unsafe for the actors and the car owners could sue over dents created by the actors.

Also from their web site:
  • Speed limit inside the experience is 3 mph, attendants will be along the route to monitor
  • While inside the (3) show areas, guests must turn off their engines during the entire show

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom