Halloween Horror Nights 2017 Official thread

ryan1

Is anyone else sick of having walking dead at HHN? This is like the 4th year in a row with it and one of those it was a huge presence.

This will be my 17th year in a row going and would much prefer them get back to original houses being the majority.

I use to think EP was a waste of money but 3 years ago after only barely being able to complete everything in one night it has now become a necessity and unfortunately this year a much more expensive one. I get charging a high fee for EP but $100 just seems like a price gauge. I guess they raised the price in order to lessen the number of people who buy it?

Twilight_Roxas

Is anyone else sick of having walking dead at HHN? This is like the 4th year in a row with it and one of those it was a huge presence.

This will be my 17th year in a row going and would much prefer them get back to original houses being the majority.

I use to think EP was a waste of money but 3 years ago after only barely being able to complete everything in one night it has now become a necessity and unfortunately this year a much more expensive one. I get charging a high fee for EP but $100 just seems like a price gauge. I guess they raised the price in order to lessen the number of people who buy it?
In Universal Studios Hollywood The Walking Dead is a full year attraction that isn't part of HHN counting the extra Walkers added to the attraction so there's a chance Orlando could get a Walking Dead attraction.

ryan1

In Universal Studios Hollywood The Walking Dead is a full year attraction that isn't part of HHN counting the extra Walkers added to the attraction so there's a chance Orlando could get a Walking Dead attraction.

I'd be fine if they added a full year attraction, the only time I go to Uni is for HHN, if that meant they could use that maze space for something else. Last years Otown maze started out EXACTLY how it did 4 years ago and then recapped the previous years throughtout. They didn't even seem to be trying anymore. That's my gripe with it.

JT3000

There's no Walking Dead this year.

I too would prefer original houses, but once the event blew up, Universal decided to let the Marketing department run things and established IP is all they know.

As someone who previously used Express before the price hikes, I'm certainly not a fan of the hikes as they put EP out of reach for myself, but they're nonetheless understandable. It was becoming common to wait 30 minutes or more in the Express lines, whereas before it was usually a walk-in. Based on my observations last year, the price hikes had the intended effect of lowering EP usage quite a bit.

mergatroid

Original Poster
For us Frequent Fear Passes are the way to go over EP every time. This means multiple visits are needed but as we're there 3 weeks that's no problem for us anyway.

Tom Morrow

I'm okay with the price hike in Express. Too many people had it to the point where I wouldn't bother with the standby lines until a few hours into the event because of how much it impacted the standby line.

I wish there would be a Westworld house. Maybe in a few years.

JT3000

We aren't getting Titans of Terror, but it's still a shame that so much of our event is predicated on what Hollywood wants, as they clearly ran out of ideas ages ago. Not that they were ever creative to begin with. The most original thing Hollywood has ever done is swiping some of Orlando's already existing icon characters or reimagining them. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom