Halloween Horror Nights 15: Tales of Terror

NemoRocks78

Seized
Original Poster
It begins today.... :sohappy:

When will everyone be going? I've got ticket and EP for the 13th, but *might* stop in tonight or tomorrow....don't know yet.

Anybody catch the TM Preview? How'd that go?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
ok... I just got back... and I am beyond disappointed. I'm hoping this is just a slow start and not a sign of what's gonna happen in a week or two. This has been the first time ever that I've left HHN early.

mkt

Premium Member
perhaps, but I've been to HHN the last 10 years, and this is the first time I left early

notnothin

mkt said:
perhaps, but I've been to HHN the last 10 years, and this is the first time I left early

So what was so disappointing about it, just curious? I'm looking around in hopes of finding some pics from one of the first two nights so far.

mkt

Premium Member
the honest answer? I wasn't scared... not even startled. It seems to me as if they put a TON of money into the sets, but not as much on makeup and staffing/rehearsals. The only part that remotely impressed me was Marvel, and it wasn't scary... it reminded me a lot of the alternate 1985 in Back to the Future 2

NowInc

mkt said:
ok... I just got back... and I am beyond disappointed. I'm hoping this is just a slow start and not a sign of what's gonna happen in a week or two. This has been the first time ever that I've left HHN early.

I concur!!

it was HORRID!!!

I can honestly say I feel like Ive wasted 6 hours of my life..and 120 bucks (2 passes).

Sorry we lost track of you there..I was juggling between 4 people who needed to be entertained or else they'd start getting a bit...rambunctious.

Hope u had fun at food and wine ;)

NowInc

Not only was it not scary, but the layout was sloppy. too many things were cluttered together which created mass confusion and crowds..where other places had nothing at all.

Not to mention WAY overpriced..i couldnt even afford to get drunk so that it wouldnt seem so bad.

Lines were crazy long...i went on a whole 2 rides in 6 hours.

JROK

NowInc said:
Not only was it not scary, but the layout was sloppy. too many things were cluttered together which created mass confusion and crowds..where other places had nothing at all.

Not to mention WAY overpriced..i couldnt even afford to get drunk so that it wouldnt seem so bad.

Lines were crazy long...i went on a whole 2 rides in 6 hours.

What lines were long because I work in Terror Mines and the longest our line got all weekend was about 30minutes... what lines were long?? And did you get there at like 9pm and try and do everything?? All I've heard have been good reviews... these are the first bad reviews I've read... Could you guys maybe elaborate more??

NowInc

I got there at 6:30.

Almost every haunted house had at LEAST a 45 minute line, and most rides (with the exception of like..dr.suess) had a posted 30 min wait...which in reality turned into over an hour.

mkt

Premium Member
Dan,

Disney overestimates its wait times.... Universal underestimates

PencilTest

Sorry to hear that some of you had bad times. Just out of curiosity, what night did you go? I know that Saturday night was way more crowded than Friday. I'm over in Where Evil Hides, and Friday night the line was only twenty minutes or so, but it sure looked a lot longer on Saturday as I was passing through.

As for it being a bad experience...

I hope that you go back before the end of the month. I know that on opening weekend there're still a few kinks to work out. Trust me, I know. And it sucks that you paid your money to get what may not ultimately be the full experience. Hopefully this past weekend won't sour you to trying it again this month, once everything is in full swing.

(And just to play devil's advocate to myself, I know that "Give it another chance" might sound lame since you spent sixty bucks a pop to get in, and I'm not trying to make excuses or anything. I'm just sayin' is all.)

NowInc

I was there on sat.

I dont think i'll be going back this year..or any other year for that matter. I feel incredibly ripped off beyond comprehension. Why only open until 12 on a SAT when the rest of the month its usually open until 2am??

notnothin

I'm guessing that neither of you got an express pass, since you've mentioned how long the lines are. I got one last year and found it was well worth the extra cost being able to bypass the normal standby lines. I have to agree about the overall cost of the event, however. It is a bit too expensive when you add in drinks for the evening.

PencilTest

NowInc said:
I dont think i'll be going back this year..or any other year for that matter.

Well, sorry to hear that, I guess.

Why only open until 12 on a SAT when the rest of the month its usually open until 2am??

Heck, your guess is as good as mine. I don't know why they don't have the regular hours on opening weekend. Same reason they don't have the first Sunday or Thursday open, I suppose. Although if anyone else is curious, the regular closing hours from now until the end of the month are Thursday and Sunday until midnight, and Friday and Saturday until 2:00am. Oh, and there's a Wednesday thrown in there too.
Oh, screw it. Just check the website.

mkt

Premium Member
HHN is a ripoff if you have to pay for it... however, I got in free and I still felt cheated. That's really sad if I'm in for free and I left disgusted. I will go back, and I really hope I will be impressed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom