Halloween cruise on the Dream

Polite

Original Poster
I did a search but most of the comments are a bit older but probably still pretty accurate. We are doing a 3-night cruise on the Dream for a Halloween cruise. Anything special you folks recommend that we should make sure we do that isn't on a normal Dream cruise? Looking forward to any recommendations you folks have!

Thank you very much!

Polite

lostpro9het

I did a search but most of the comments are a bit older but probably still pretty accurate. We are doing a 3-night cruise on the Dream for a Halloween cruise. Anything special you folks recommend that we should make sure we do that isn't on a normal Dream cruise? Looking forward to any recommendations you folks have!

Thank you very much!

Polite
Probably all things you've read but:
Adult costume party in the District after the kids go to bed.
Halloween dance party in the atrium with the characters in costumes
Trick or treating.
Jack-o-lantern tree growing in the atrium.

We've DW, DD(18), DD(13) have done it twice. Last year, it was just horrible. There were very few cast members around to help funnel people to the various stations. It was one big gaggle in the atrium. You could hardly move and there was no signage or anything to help steer you from one place to another. It was pure chaos. I was very disappointed and told the desk people that this was not how I remember Disney doing events.

Last time we did the Halloween Cruise a few years back, there were ropes and signage and more cast members who would be telling people where the next nearest stops were.

In our last Halloween Cruise, we just took a few pictures in the atrium, but that was it. We did not want to fight through the mob to get to the other locations, so we just went back to our cabin.

As for recommendations. Study the map they give you and make sure you know how to navigate. It will be hectic, so going in with the right mindsight will be beneficial to not have expectations missed. If you have little ones, make sure they are well rested. The chaos will be over stimulating and melt downs will happen. We saw and heard so many.

jme

If you can (and enjoy alcohol) book the Halloween mixology class
Haunted stories of the sea is a good time
The adult costume contest is fun
Song and Scream is a fun way to watch Nightmare before Xmas (if you aren’t over that movie yet)

Sans Souci

I love the Halloween on the High Seas cruises! I've only gone without my family, but I enjoy the adult Halloween costume contest. I always pack a lightweight "punny" costume for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom