Halloween at Magic Kingdom to begin September 15 2020

Rescue Ranger

No scarecrows? Very disappointed in the lack of theming. I understand no party but I don't feel one has to do with the other.

I guess we shouldn't have high hopes for the holidays either.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"While Disney hasn’t published the exact times that the cavalcades will operate throughout the day, BlogMickey.com has learned the days of the week that guests can spot specific cavalcades. As always, entertainment is subject to change."

Schedule for the Halloween cavalcades -

Mickey and Friends “Boo to You” Cavalcade - 7 days a week
Winnie the Pooh Cavalcade - 7 days a week (only runs from Town Square to Cinderella Castle and back)
Jack’s Nightmare Cavalcade - Saturday through Wednesday, with Thursday and Friday off
Disney Villains Cavalcade - Thursday through Monday, with Tuesday and Wednesday off

Last edited:

raymusiccity

Plus any time I can be heckled by Gaston is a good day at the parks. 😀

Loving these cavalcades! Much easier to pause for two minutes to catch the drive by than sit and wait and try to see over the crowds' heads. I mean - a nighttime light parade is still a special spectacle, but I'd be okay with this regularly vs. a daytime parade. (Especially with so many characters out together.)
Plus, they're not kicking you out of the park early to make way for the MNSHP crowd !

Goofnut1980

We just got back yesterday. It didn’t feel like Halloween at all. It was very stale the little pumpkins on the lamp posts were not enough to give the feel of fall. I mean, how much can bunting cost. Plus it’s already owned. They best not go too cheap on Christmas.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
We just got back yesterday. It didn’t feel like Halloween at all. It was very stale the little pumpkins on the lamp posts were not enough to give the feel of fall. I mean, how much can bunting cost. Plus it’s already owned. They best not go too cheap on Christmas.

As mentioned several times in this thread, it's mostly a labor problem. Not the cost of labor, exactly, but having it available.

The lack of crowds and the party nights, which paid for the abundance of decorations, isn't exactly helping, either. If you were running a business that was just barely breaking even during this pandemic, would you be hiring a landscaper to completely re-landscape your business's property for a temporary, seasonal look?

drizgirl

As mentioned several times in this thread, it's mostly a labor problem. Not the cost of labor, exactly, but having it available.

The lack of crowds and the party nights, which paid for the abundance of decorations, isn't exactly helping, either. If you were running a business that was just barely breaking even during this pandemic, would you be hiring a landscaper to completely re-landscape your business's property for a temporary, seasonal look?
If you were a customer, would you pay full price for a pared down product?

mm52200

In addition to what @MisterPenguin said, holiday services is a year round operation prepping and maintaining decorations and they were all furloughed for four months as well, so that was lost time to work on preparing decorations. So once again, they did what they could with their time, resources and the current climate.

Figments Friend

I personally feel we are all very lucky to have ANYTHNG at all related to Halloween decorations up in the Park.
With everything that has been going on, i was honestly pleasantly surprised when MK went ahead and put up some of the decor regardless of the staffing issues and lower attendance.
I am no defender of 'Today's Disney', but i find this to be a nice gesture when in reality they may well have chosen not have done anything at all.

Anyone who was honestly thinking MK was going to go full out on decorating this year with the current situation in the world and no MNSSHP this season has not been paying attention.

I fully expect X-mas season decor to also be greatly diminished due to the same limitations, so folks had best accept that fact now and save themselves massive disappointment come November.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

-

Magic Feather

I personally feel we are all very lucky to have ANYTHNG at all related to Halloween decorations up in the Park.
With everything that has been going on, i was honestly pleasantly surprised when MK went ahead and put up some of the decor regardless of the staffing issues and lower attendance.
I am no defender of 'Today's Disney', but i find this to be a nice gesture when in reality they may well have chosen not have done anything at all.

Anyone who was honestly thinking MK was going to go full out on decorating this year with the current situation in the world and no MNSSHP this season has not been paying attention.

I fully expect X-mas season decor to also be greatly diminished due to the same limitations, so folks had best accept that fact now and save themselves massive disappointment come November.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

-
For what it’s worth, expect more Xmas than we got for Halloween. Still not full tilt, but definitely more.

I’m just glad that they decided to actually do all of the icon trees this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom