Hall of Presidents Update?

How should the Hall of Presidents be updated?

• Add figure of new prez but leave program essentially as-is

Votes: 40 60.6%
  • Revise program to give new prez a lead role

Votes: 26 39.4%

• Total voters

TikiTorch

Original Poster
With election season in full swing, we'll have a 45th president come January. President Obama has a major role in the current Hall of Presidents. Is there any standard protocol for updating this attraction every 4-8 years? What are the possibilities? Of course, if anyone has any inside knowledge please share!

TikiTorch

Original Poster
There was an argument about this on another thread that quickly devolved into political nonsense. I don't mind intelligent political discussions, but they are both unwelcome and unlikely on this forum.
I agree. I started the thread since this is a real change to a major park attraction that will happen in one form or another. It is absolutely not my intention to have any political debate or criticism of any candidate.

Nastory4

I agree. I started the thread since this is a real change to a major park attraction that will happen in one form or another. It is absolutely not my intention to have any political debate or criticism of any candidate.
I understood your question, and it is a very good one. It seems it would be a big undertaking not only making the AA, but also the moving the Presidents around. That would be a pretty cool watching the procedure on You Tube.

Goofyernmost

Any other details? For example, what time frame is it updated? A few months after the inauguration? A Year?
Gracious me, they have only been doing it this way since the Clinton Administration. It's not like this is all of a sudden a new thing that they have to design. Every 4 or 8 years depending on when a new president is elected the do a new AA which isn't all that much of a problem since it really is just a face and hands (the body is a pretty quick fix regardless of the gender) and then programming it, like always, moving the past president to a permanent location and putting in the new one. I'm sure that since this is an election year they already have started with the choices that may show up, but, even if they don't they don't just shut down at the end of the election. They have already gotten much of it ready and engineered to accommodate the old and the new.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Gracious me, they have only been doing it this way since the Clinton Administration. It's not like this is all of a sudden a new thing that they have to design. Every 4 or 8 years depending on when a new president is elected the do a new AA which isn't all that much of a problem since it really is just a face and hands (the body is a pretty quick fix regardless of the gender) and then programming it, like always, moving the past president to a permanent location and putting in the new one. I'm sure that since this is an election year they already have started with the choices that may show up, but, even if they don't they don't just shut down at the end of the election. They have already gotten much of it ready and engineered to accommodate the old and the new.
No need to attack, it was a very honest question that I didn't know the answer to . Wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

Goofyernmost

No need to attack, it was a very honest question that I didn't know the answer to . Wake up on the wrong side of the bed?
No, I was answering your question. It certainly sounded to me like you never realized that they have been doing this for a long time. Your honest question was honestly answered. If the wording seemed to be offensive, well, there isn't much I can do about how you see things, but, I can tell you that it wasn't meant to be anything but informative and no I did not get up on the wrong side of the bed. How about you?:)

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
No, I was answering your question. It certainly sounded to me like you never realized that they have been doing this for a long time. Your honest question was honestly answered. If the wording seemed to be offensive, well, there isn't much I can do about how you see things, but, I can tell you that it wasn't meant to be anything but informative and no I did not get up on the wrong side of the bed. How about you?:)
I appreciate your response. I do know they change it when a new president is elected, that's a given, I was more curious as to the timing of when the changes occur.

cheesecake

If Disney ever changes the show by taking the speech away from the incumbent president, it would be seen as a political statement against whatever president it was, as well as their affiliated party.

In the other thread, people recommended speeches for other presidents, like FDR. I can appreciate the merit of hearing other presidents, I think the whole thing should stay as is, with Obama getting moved over somewhere and the new president getting the front and center speech.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The HOP should be updated with the new president and their speech. The older I get the more I appreciate this attraction, I wish more people would stay awake for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom