Hall of Presidents Down 2/18/13

Genie of the Lamp

And to think on a day like today (President's Day) it should be opened and people should be recommending to guests "visit HOP today cause it's Presidents day". I know it's a lame reason why you should ride/watch it, but main point I'm trying to make here is that it should not be shut down on President's day out of all the days in the year this is the one day that it should be open and working properly.

Sped2424

Love that attraction but last time I was there people were being beyond rude, I understand we are all enabled to our political opinions but when it came time for Obama's part to speak in the show a rude parent thought it would be funny to boo. Needless to say me and a couple of other people in the audience were more than peeved has anyone else experienced this during the hall of presidents?

Genie of the Lamp

Love that attraction but last time I was there people were being beyond rude, I understand we are all enabled to our political opinions but when it came time for Obama's part to speak in the show a rude parent thought it would be funny to boo. Needless to say me and a couple of other people in the audience were more than peeved has anyone else experienced this during the hall of presidents?

When that rude parent left to exit, you should've booed him. I don't like Obama as a president but I still like what they did with him in the attraction and he has a nice speaking part in the show. Seems like a cool guy too. Funny how WDW is supposed to be our escape from the real world whether it be from politics,work,etc. I guess those days are behind us. Plus, WDW is known to be a heavily conservative base (George should be concerned if enough people know and aren't in approval of it). Anyhow away from politics, did this happen the last time you visited this attraction?

Sped2424

When that rude parent left to exit, you should've booed him. I don't like Obama as a president but I still like what they did with him in the attraction and he has a nice speaking part in the show. Seems like a cool guy too. Funny how WDW is supposed to be our escape from the real world whether it be from politics,work,etc. I guess those days are behind us. Plus, WDW is known to be a heavily conservative base (George should be concerned if enough people know and aren't in approval of it). Anyhow away from politics, did this happen the last time you visited this attraction?
Yeah it was the last time I was there and I feel like regardless of whether you like him or not as a president being respectful is still important and I guess Walt Disney world is still an escape from that however adding new presidents to the hall does detract from that escapism I suppose its still a nice touch though.

smp2k6

We experienced that when Bush was President too. It peeved me at the time. I'm not surprised it happens now with Obama. Although each of us has varying opinions regarding our leaders and we definitely have the right to voice them, I think it's important that we have respect for the Office (and for others). Even if you don't like the current President (I don't for example), it's rude to be vocal about it at an attraction like HoP.

smp2k6

It's a shame the attraction was down for President's Day though. A good day to visit The American Adventure over at EPCOT. A superior attraction in my opinion although seeing all the Presidents at HoP is pretty neat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom