"Halfway to Halloween" Treats Announced.

JAB

Original Poster
Disney Parks blog just posted their first look at "Halfway to Halloween" specialty treats that start on 4/28 (because I guess August is too late to start Halloween this year 😏).

Dear Prudence

This has been slowly happening for years. Halloween is my favourite, and the influencerifizing, toxic consumerism of it now is literally ruining it. I don't even want to tell people it's my favourite holiday because I don't want to be associated with this. #Halloween365, using Halloween as a personality trait/one's whole personality, #CodeOrange all that ish has KILLED Halloween.

Last edited:

Dear Prudence

This has been happening since before this. The 'Halfway to Halloween' nonsense started at least circa 2017-2018. Shudder had a "Halfway to Halloween" celebration in 2020. Disney has only been hoping on this since about 2020, but, I assure it, this whole phenomenon has been annoying for way longer than "chain supply issues."

Ayla

This has been happening since before this. The 'Halfway to Halloween' nonsense started at least circa 2017-2018. Shudder had a "Halfway to Halloween" celebration in 2020. Disney has only been hoping on this since about 2020, but, I assure it, this whole phenomenon has been annoying for way longer than "chain supply issues."
Then I guess the supply chain issues worked in their favor this year, didn't they?

Tom P.

Damn Disney and their.....shuffles deck.....putting out treats that I in no way have to buy or even look at. 🙄
It's not that you're being forced to buy them. It's that some of us think that this kind of thing dilutes the actual holiday experience. Our culture has done it for years with Christmas, to the point that by December 25th, many people are already sick of it. Now they're doing it to Halloween. It's irritating.

kalel8145

It's not that you're being forced to buy them. It's that some of us think that this kind of thing dilutes the actual holiday experience. Our culture has done it for years with Christmas, to the point that by December 25th, many people are already sick of it. Now they're doing it to Halloween. It's irritating.
1st world problems.

kalel8145

You're on a Walt Disney World fan forum. There is literally nothing being discussed here that is not a first world problem.
Exactly my point. Being irritated by holiday treats being out too early for you is the epitome of ridiculousness. Just look away from them. LOL

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
That's what we always said in retail. The Christmas season doesn't start on Black Friday. It starts when WE say it does!
OK now. Let's all circle the cash register and sing Fah-who foris, dah-who doris, welcome Customers, bring your cash!
Wrong park...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom