Half the attractions are closed down!

cjkeating

Just got back from the Paris park - and my word who is the bright spark who decided to schedule all renovations at the same time ?!

Utter disgrace.

It has been very widely publicised, it's even been made clear by Disneyland Paris that there are going to be 18 months of intense refurbishments. I admit if you've been there in the past week you've hit the 'peak' with the addition of Space Mountain down for a week to replace the launch cable.

Gemma89

It's been on the site for around a year what's being renovated this year in time for their 25th anniversary next year.... I was hit by thunder mountain and Peter Pan being shut when I went in May but was aware from booking

Minnie1986

It's been on the site for around a year what's being renovated this year in time for their 25th anniversary next year.... I was hit by thunder mountain and Peter Pan being shut when I went in May but was aware from booking
Where can I find a list of closures? Thank you!

The Empress Lilly

Just got back from the Paris park - and my word who is the bright spark who decided to schedule all renovations at the same time ?!

Utter disgrace.
I believe that bright spark was the Dutch manager who got fed up with the US male cow excrement of running a park into the ground because they need increased numbers every quarter. Slash and burn tactics.

Half the park was not show worthy anymore and needed to be closed. Dirty and useless at best, plain dangerous at worst. Well done to the brave characters who decided to fix this park. It is emerging beautifully, the sleeping beauty amongst castle parks.

Pity though if your one and only trip to DLP should happen to be right now. I can understand the disappointment. Then again, I say the park is better now despite the closures than it has been any time this decade.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
Has Alice's Curious Labyrinth finally received a refurbishment? I love that attraction, but it's cringeworthy how it's in such disrepair.

Mickey1984

Yes we had similar, went at the start of the month, crazy how many attractions / areas are closed - to close the walk way past BTM is just crazy!!!

Also not that this is a closure, but whose idea was it to put a frozen sing a long in frontierland - LOL ..
"but what about the themeing"
"dont worry about it, its Frozen, they'll lap it up!"

Minnie1986

It would definitely be a worthwhile idea to always check the website for whichever Disney Park you're going to and see about closures. I'm pretty sure the DLP closures have been publicized for a while. Disney also has them on the website listed by month.

The Empress Lilly

Here are the current closures. Of two parks and around forty attractions, four rides and the Adventure Isle are closed (and Pan until two weeks ago). The railroad is open and has two functioning stations.

Big Thunder Mountain
Thunder Mesa Riverboat Landing
La Cabane des Robinson / Adventure Isle
Main Street, U.S.A.® station and Discoveryland®station
Star Tours

Although with the heart of both Adventureland and Frontierland covered up, the park feels very much behind scrims.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom