Half Day Tickets just don't make sense for Nov. and Dec.

Familyof5

Original Poster
While I appreciate the idea of the half-day (After noon) tickets they just don't make sense to me.

Half of the days, Magic Kingdom closes early (ie. 6) for the Mickey Christmas Party and Party people can arrive at 4:00 adding to crowds.
So, I come at noon to leave at 6:00 and share two hours with an extra thousand of my newest closest friends.

On the days MK is open past 6:00, it will be super-busy already and FP will be especially hard to get. So, I come on the busiest days?

Fastpasses are already hard to get at AK, HS, EP.....so, you need the flexibility to go any time (ie before noon) they are available. So, I limit the fastpasses I will get?

So, why would I get an "arrive at noon" ticket?
Sorry but, someone just didn't think this through.

PolynesianPrincess

I think they are trying to condition us for the coming 4 hour time blocks tickets. $100 for 4 hours. (no more full day tickets).
See we are saving you money and the parks will be less crowded.

I can't remember if you were the one who first suggested that they would be moving to 4 hour time slots for park tickets or if that was someone else. but looks like they are headed in that direction.

I've tried to find something discussing the 4 hour time blocks.... is this REALLY going to be a thing? Because if so, I can definitely say we will be giving up our WDW vacations once and for all. This is such a ridiculous idea! (And because it's ridiculous, Disney will probably do it!)

apartment j

I'm sure that it appeals to some people. I never spend more than 4 hours in a park. I'm sure I did when I first started going (maybe), but not anymore. There's too much other stuff to do. Unless it's summer, where we tend to do park time in the morning when it's cooler, I don't mind showing up at noon either. I'd rather sleep in on vacation.
From the replies, it's clear that not everyone has a use for these tickets. I'm just pointing out that some of us do.

eliza61nyc

but according to the wdw site there are days in november where the park is open to all for 12 hours. so if someone only wants to do a 1/2 day on that day it makes perfect sense.

What's the misunderstanding??? for example Wednesday the 13th the park has extra magic hours until 11 pm. someone who is flying in that day gets a 1/2 day ticket and has plenty of time to visit the park.

Dreaming of Disney World

I think they are trying to condition us for the coming 4 hour time blocks tickets. $100 for 4 hours. (no more full day tickets).

I can't remember if you were the one who first suggested that they would be moving to 4 hour time slots for park tickets or if that was someone else. but looks like they are headed in that direction.
Where did you hear about this? That plan is ridiculous. We usually spend 9-12 hours in the park each day. You could barely get anything done in 4 hours.

eliza61nyc

While I appreciate the idea of the half-day (After noon) tickets they just don't make sense to me.

Half of the days, Magic Kingdom closes early (ie. 6) for the Mickey Christmas Party and Party people can arrive at 4:00 adding to crowds.
So, I come at noon to leave at 6:00 and share two hours with an extra thousand of my newest closest friends.

On the days MK is open past 6:00, it will be super-busy already and FP will be especially hard to get. So, I come on the busiest days?

Fastpasses are already hard to get at AK, HS, EP.....so, you need the flexibility to go any time (ie before noon) they are available. So, I limit the fastpasses I will get?

So, why would I get an "arrive at noon" ticket?
Sorry but, someone just didn't think this through.

Most likely a person would check the calendar and not use the ticket on a day the park was only open until 6.

MinnieWaffles

I've tried to find something discussing the 4 hour time blocks.... is this REALLY going to be a thing? Because if so, I can definitely say we will be giving up our WDW vacations once and for all. This is such a ridiculous idea! (And because it's ridiculous, Disney will probably do it!)

No it's not going to happen, lol. How would it even work? How would you get people out of the park after their window is finished? Just another silly conspiracy theory.

NickMaio

Nope. That was not me. However, I would not put it past WDW to implement something this crazy.

Club Cooloholic

I don't see this one happening. They want you in the park as long as possible to keep buying and spending. They make it 4 hour blocks they might as well drive guests right over to Uni in Magic Express busses.

JIMINYCR

It would be a waste should they go to MK on those days. They have other parks to go to where they can get their hours to do attractions . It just takes people looking at the schedule and working around their days. Not that hard to do. If people decide to sleep in and arrive late they will be losing that time in any of the parks so it loses them the value of any ticket they buy.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Did Disney really listen to all of the complaints about early closings and paying full price for half-day availability by capitalizing on the notion of half-day tickets? That's actually a brilliant play. Terrible for consumers, great for their margins.

thomas998

Pretty simple. Just like After Hours/Mickey not so scary you will be kicked out if you don’t have a wristband. They already do it so not sure why you are throwing out a silly denial.
While they could do it. If they wanted to go to a pricing strategy that would give them more money they would be better off going back to tickets for each ride. That way they could cut the cost of having CMs walking around looking at wrist bands, put extremely high prices on the newest rides that could command say a 10 dollar a ride price and still have the maximum number of people possible in the park at any time buying food and mouse ears. Having people only allowed in for 4 hour blocks would severely limit their food and mouse ear business as the block buyers aren't going to waste time standing in line for food or ears when they know the only have a limited amount of time for attractions. But go to a system with ride specific tickets and just think how many people would be willing to spend 10 or maybe 20 dollars to ride a Star Wars ride when it first opened. In fact they could throw away the fastpass and have variable pricing for the rides based on the time of day you wanted to ride it.

LUVofDIS

While they could do it. If they wanted to go to a pricing strategy that would give them more money they would be better off going back to tickets for each ride. That way they could cut the cost of having CMs walking around looking at wrist bands, put extremely high prices on the newest rides that could command say a 10 dollar a ride price and still have the maximum number of people possible in the park at any time buying food and mouse ears. Having people only allowed in for 4 hour blocks would severely limit their food and mouse ear business as the block buyers aren't going to waste time standing in line for food or ears when they know the only have a limited amount of time for attractions. But go to a system with ride specific tickets and just think how many people would be willing to spend 10 or maybe 20 dollars to ride a Star Wars ride when it first opened. In fact they could throw away the fastpass and have variable pricing for the rides based on the time of day you wanted to ride it.

Shhhh..... There could be spies amongst us. Please delete this post and never, ever, never mention it again.

mgf

One way it makes sense is if you are trying to reduce the overall cost of your trip and not just pricing on a per unit basis. If you just want a bottom line cost savings.

eliza61nyc

Pretty simple. Just like After Hours/Mickey not so scary you will be kicked out if you don’t have a wristband. They already do it so not sure why you are throwing out a silly denial.
not really. so you're talking about the easy ability to kick folks out EVERY 4 hours. so if they started at 8 am lets say by 2 pm you've got a truck load of folks that you'd have to some how differentiate and move out.

Disstevefan1

Wow going back to ticket books! That can work! and this time it would be paperless! While I would hate it as a guest, Disney would probably make more money and the wait times for rides would go down!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom