Trip Report Hakunamatata's Ultra .000001%er 2017 "Whats All This Pandoramonium About?" Trip Report

(This trip takes place May 25, 2017 through June 11, 2017).

This year the 'matata family is celebrating a few milestones (I really hope to get one of those special "milestone celebration" magical fastpasses). One of which is the daughter turned 18 this last fall. We were initially going to do a Disney cruise but a couple people in the family have iffy constitutions and likely would have been life flighted off the ship half way through due to severe motion sickness and claustrophobia. So we elected instead to do an extended land vacation at Universal (3 days) and Walt Disney World (11 days).

We will be driving to our destination via our Honda Pilot SUV. During our Universal portion of the trip we will be staying at the gorgeous TownPlace Suites - Flamingo Crossings. During the WDW portion of our trip we will be staying at Disneys Polynesian Village Resort and Fruity Adult Beverage Oasis. Way back in the day when vacationing as a young chap I remember the monorail trip from the TTC to the MK, passing over the Poly thinking to myself, "self, hopefully you will stay there one day before they take out the big lobby water fountain and create DVC rooms and pier top huts over the aligator infested waters of Seven Seas Lagoon". Well, didnt make it before some of those things happened, but I am going to get to stay there none the less.

I hope to be able to "live" report during our trip. We were not expecting to be there during the grand reveal of The World of Pandora, but I am looking forward to the sparkly bling of a jewelry themed land. For the benefit of all that follow, know that I will have received countless eye roles and stink-eye looks bringing you this live report as well as a number of "your taking a picture of that?" and "another churro?" questioning.

So in the words of Walt Disney....."For all those who come to this happy place, we accept cash and credit cards only, no checks please".

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Did you have any trouble getting your Pandora FP+? I do our FP+ on Thursday and am concerned that I won't have many time choices if any for our first AK day which is our third day of the trip. Our trips overlap by a few days, but it doesn't look like we'll be at the same places on the same days. Have a great trip!
Nope. Had lots of choices. The two attractions are just same tier so you cant schedule both on the same day in advance.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
I was also hoping to ride right at park opening our first day, but that plan was destroyed when they changed the hours to 8-11, as we have an 8:05 Tusker House ROL package and I haven't been able to change it to later in the morning yet.:mad: I'll keep trying though!
I think there are either going to be quite a few FP come available. Thie tier set up is forcing people who dont want a Avatar FP to choose one because there are no other tier 1 selections. They add EE or KS or an opt out to those and you would see more availability.

TheMouseFan

I think there are either going to be quite a few FP come available. Thie tier set up is forcing people who dont want a Avatar FP to choose one because there are no other tier 1 selections. They add EE or KS or an opt out to those and you would see more availability.
I didn't realize they were forcing you to choose one instead of just picking three tier two if that was what you wanted. Doesn't make muck sense to me.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
So yesterday was a yuge day leading up to our trip. Not only was it day sixty, it was "pay off the trip day". Special thanks to @Kingdom Konsultant who has had to deal not only with a variety of changes to our original plans (which I think we started putting together in the fall of 2015?) but also a couple of credit card changes due to theft. Really cant say enough positive things about Pam and all the great people who have a passion for helping others plan a memorable experience.

So here is the pre planned fun:
Awww thank you!! Your trip is going to be fantastic!!!!

Pam

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
This is no Yeti, they have more than 1 of that AA, it can be quickly removed and the new one slide into place

littleroo

Your plans look great!!! We are staying at the Boardwalk from May 31 to June 9. I hope you have a magical time and I also hope this month flies by!! Time is standing still.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom