News Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom in 2019

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
When did Timon ever meet Rafiki?
The_Lion_King_1_12_VHS.jpg

The Empress Lilly

Where do you get your news? The site that must not be named, I imagine. It’s the Thank the Phoenicians M&G taking over the post-show.
A Phoenicians m&g would actually be fabulous. For real, no sarcasm.

(Although being part of an original WDW work of art of unmitigated genius, they don't fit the new TWDC 'characters only' dictate, so won't happen)

The Empress Lilly

Any time I'm near one, I see half a dozen guests sort of forcing, or aggressively encouraging, their children to dance with more than a dozen cast members trying so hard to appear to be having fun dancing with them.
Such a good description!

(But I'm sure there are a few hidden in there who enjoy dancing with unknown six year olds a bit too much...)

Only on a detached manager's desk does a dance party look like creating a fun, festive atmosphere; being exactly what the parks need. What's more, making the parks great isn't on the mind of any manager. Increasing profit it. And dance parties are the cheap shortcut to making the corpses of all those once carefully designed themed environments that are now stripped of everything that made them special look like a living and breathing living organisms. mLike the make-up they put on my dead grandmother.

Last edited:

EricsBiscuit

It'd be cool if they had a M&G with citizens from ancient societies where they only spoke that language. It'd be a cool opportunity to learn about culture.

Kman101

Is Iger addicted to dance parties or something?

I think they see it as a way for guests to interact with characters without having to offer meet and greets. Just my assumption/how I'm trying to look at them. I'd rather actual entertainment (like in Africa - and Asia's is missed) but it is what it is at this point I guess, lol.

Disney Maddux

I think they see it as a way for guests to interact with characters without having to offer meet and greets. Just my assumption/how I'm trying to look at them. I'd rather actual entertainment (like in Africa - and Asia's is missed) but it is what it is at this point I guess, lol.
I don't get why they don't want to do M&G's. The dance parties just come off as lazy and often-times cringey.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Dance Parties? So lame. At least there is not an upcharge for it....yet

If you come within so many yards of the dance party with a MagicBand on, the card attached to your MDE account will be charged.

I said this deliberately so they don’t come up with that idea. That’s how it’s works, right? ;)

Phineas

Where do you get your news? The site that must not be named, I imagine. It’s the Thank the Phoenicians M&G taking over the post-show.
It’s actually mandatory. You MUST thank them, and appear sincere. Otherwise, they make you have a staring contest with the SSE newsboy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom