Hair bands on Everest

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I'm not sure if this is an every day thing for this attraction or if it was just this particular day. But when NYFA film camp went to AK to ride Everest last Saturday, there was like hundreds of hair bands on the right and left side of the tracks on the mountain where you stop where the track is "destroyed" and you go backwards. It's as if a bunch of people just wanted to randomly throw hair bands in this area of the ride all day and it gathered up into a giant pile of hair bands. Kinda ruins the mood of the ride.

Has this always been a thing? It is by far the most random thing I have ever seen on any Disney attraction. It looks bad too. But when we all got to that point we all looked at each other like... "What the heck..?"

Sorry I don't have a picture, though.

Flippin'Flounder

I'm not sure if this is an every day thing for this attraction or if it was just this particular day. But when NYFA film camp went to AK to ride Everest last Saturday, there was like hundreds of hair bands on the right and left side of the tracks on the mountain where you stop where the track is "destroyed" and you go backwards. It's as if a bunch of people just wanted to randomly throw hair bands in this area of the ride all day and it gathered up into a giant pile of hair bands. Kinda ruins the mood of the ride.

Has this always been a thing? It is by far the most random thing I have ever seen on any Disney attraction. It looks bad too. But when we all got to that point we all looked at each other like... "What the heck..?"

Thats always been there, other parks have them too, I don't now if there are any others at WDW though.

Nick Wilde

It's been there for years. I saw it in 2012. No idea how or why this started. Yes, it looks bad, and I wonder why they don't clean it up.

Tinkerfan4ever

We once got stuck at that very part, for maybe a minute, before we went backwards. My DD, who was 6 at the time tried counting all of them up there. I thought it was so odd. When I talk about Expedition Everest, she says... "The ride with the pony tails"?

Is it possible that they fly out of hair that easily that they do clean them up and more just get up there daily/weekly?

BJones82

I've seen videos or maybe just comments... Idk remember where but people "shoot" them at the "broken" tracks to try to land a shot... I can't say that is why they all are there but I remember hearing or seeing somewhere that this is true lol

katarn112

There's tons of them on the rocks at the top of the chairlift of Blizzard Beach as well. I think a lot of teen girls try to land them on the rocks for fun.

epcotisbest

hair band on everest.jpg

Last edited:

DsnyFevr

Yeah, that's been going on for a long time.

DsnyFevr

It's been there for years. I saw it in 2012. No idea how or why this started. Yes, it looks bad, and I wonder why they don't clean it up.
They do clean them up and people just toss new ones non stop. I've gone when there was only a few and other times tons.

Nick Wilde

They do clean them up and people just toss new ones non stop. I've gone when there was only a few and other times tons.
That's surprising. You'd think if no one saw any there, they wouldn't think to do it themselves. Unless there's just that many people that bring a handful of hairbands onto E:E every time they go to the park...

CP_alum08

There's tons of them on the rocks at the top of the chairlift of Blizzard Beach as well. I think a lot of teen girls try to land them on the rocks for fun.
It's a ski/chairlift thing. Every ski resort I've ever been to has a "bra tree"...which is exactly like what it sounds. This is just a Disney (Family) version of that.
No rhyme or reason that I know of, just part of ski culture.

copcarguyp71

One of my big pet peeves. First off the lack of consideration by those who do it and second...really Disney? You have to do a walk through pre-opening and post closing every night and you can't just clean this up? They won't sell gum in the parks because they will have to clean it up but this goes unchecked? SOme say it is harmless fun but to me it is just kind of filthy.

samosaurus

I noticed this on our last trip. I usually wear a hair band to hold my hair up, or have one on my wrist for when I need to put it up. I have never had any issues with it falling out on any ride. This is just a matter of inconsiderate people throwing them for "fun". I see no rationale behind it, and unfortunately this type of behavior seems to be becoming more and more prevalent. It's really too bad because it lessens the guest experience for those who notice it, as well as adds extra work for the cast members who have to go up there and clean them all up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom