Hail Marry Pass

JackSkellington

Original Poster
No offense to the Cathoilcs out there. This move is the classic run 'em straight football pass. At Disney it is a little different. OK so this is really for parents with kids and not much more. Here is how it goes, you get in line for say Space Mountain. You are so ready to be hurled around like a paper doll. But junior is not. Use the HM pass. One parent rides while the other waits with junior. When the parent that rode comes back to the loading area, tell a CM that you are using the pass. (don't literally tell them, just say that your child does not want to ride, and they will be happy to assist you) Then the other parent that waited gets to ride. HOWEVER this does not work at all rides. LIKE Haunted Mansion, so beware. Remember you do NOT HAVE to ride once you get in line. THere is no rule making you ride, so leaving is fine.

JackSkellington

Original Poster
Also it is called the aka. Baby Swap. These are the rides that it will work on.
MK: Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain

EPCOT: Body Wars
Test Track
Mission:Space

MGM: Star Tours
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

AK: Dinosaur (soon closed down for renovation)
Kali River Rapids
Primenal Whirl

The other technical use for the Hail Mary, is having a parent wait in line, while the other parent sits out with the child. They rest, use the restroom, and have a snack while the other waits in the line. Then when the parent in line is about to get on, they are joined by the child and other parent. These are the rides it works at most effictively.

MK: Country Bear Jamboree
Mad Tea Party
Snow White's Adventures
Dumbo
Cinderella's Golden Carrousel
Peter Pan's Flight

EPCOT: Spaceship Earth
Living With the Land

MGM: Sounds Dangerous
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular

AK: Tricera Top Spin

TwoTigersMom

MKT this is not cheating. Obviously you have no children or have never been to any theme park with a child. Most children have zero tolorance for standing in line. Would you rather stand in line for 20 to 30 minutes next to an extremely bored, tantrum throwing 2 year old or have a peaceful wait then let the 2 year old and their parent join the other parent at the last moment? Trust me, the latter is the better scenario. Using a term you have used before, this is perfectly "Disney Legal". If your unsure, just ask a CM or read a guidebook. If you still don't like the baby swap idea, let me know when your going again I have a 2 year old and we'd like to stand in all the lines with you. :animwink:

PhotoDave219

THere's a difference between a legitimate child swap, as in your case, and someone who is trying to exploit the system, as in Jack's case.

JackSkellington

Original Poster
Yes I am the one who found the FP loophole. However the Hail Mary pass is for parents with children only. A single rider, or group without children cannot use it. So what is your problem with it? I mean some families' kids get really scared at rides like Space Mountain, and Dinosaur. Lets show those kide some compassion. Remember when we die, those kids will be the ones going to WDW. They are they next generation, if they don't get so scared that they don't want to come back. And this does not really cheat the system. The family still has to wait in line for the same ammount of time as anyone else.

Gagesmom314

If your child is too young to ride an attraction with height restrictions, try this. One parent may wait with the child while the other parent rides the attraction, then switch at the end of the ride. There's no additional waiting in line.

Straight from the Disney World site.

JackSkellington

Original Poster
See? What am I telling you? If you look at my posts they may to you people seem like cheating Disney. However owning a small part of Disney, that constitutes stupididy. But look closer at the original thread and all I post is information. Go and look up the Baby Swap at the www.waltdisneyworld.com website. Type in baby swap, and click on preschoolers. Go down the list, and near the bottom you WILL see the quote that the Hail Mary is based on. Or go to the library and read the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 03' or 04'. These bits of info are not "Disney illegal" they are the small and often overlooked tid bits. I am just sharing them with people who don't know them. So get off my back OK?

Lilmama21

I had read about the baby swap in the Unofficial disney guide with kids and was wondering something. I am a huge chicken. Actually, I just get sick easily (vertigo). If my mom and daughter go on the ride first, my mom tells me whether or not it's okay for me (she knows me oh so well) can my daughter than ride with me again? I'm guessing not (since this would be doubling up) but just wanted to know. (I would want someone on the ride with me). I don't mind missing some rides I guess...better than being sick in the hotel the whole trip...

Maria

Originally posted by Lilmama21
I had read about the baby swap in the Unofficial disney guide with kids and was wondering something. I am a huge chicken. Actually, I just get sick easily (vertigo). If my mom and daughter go on the ride first, my mom tells me whether or not it's okay for me (she knows me oh so well) can my daughter than ride with me again? I'm guessing not (since this would be doubling up) but just wanted to know. (I would want someone on the ride with me). I don't mind missing some rides I guess...better than being sick in the hotel the whole trip...

I am not sure what the rule about that is, since you are a grown up already, but I would leave it to the cast member´s discretion. If there is a big line, I wouldn´t ask for it, but if the line isn´t that big, I´d give it a try. :animwink:

I know I did that many times while I worked at The River of Time. :)

JackSkellington

Original Poster
The guide encourages you try it at only a specific number of rides. And when the line is short. I would look at the book to find out if your attraction is mentioned. Other than that someone will most likely get mad, or upset if you do it. So just be prepared to take a little criticizm. Just don't listen, and have fun.

luvJC4saken

I'm a practicing Catholic, but I'm also an avid football fan who knows well of the Hail Mary Pass. So no offense taken.

I would like to note that there is only one "r." Not "Marry."

I'd further like to note how interesting that that is what they call it. I believe the reason that they give the particular football play the name "Hail Mary" is because it's an ultra long pass most useful for the team who's down w/ seconds left and can only hope to win w/ one last ditch effort (and maybe a prayer or two).

I don't see what is "last ditch" about wanting to ride a ride though.

JackSkellington

Original Poster
WHOOPS.. You are very right. I totally missed that. Thankx a lot. Actually I made a mistake, the child swapping is called the "baby swap". The Hail Mary is for families who space themselves out in lines so that as one parent leaves the other gets on the ride. And as this goes down the child stays and gets to ride twice or more depending on how many people are inon this system. Now that I think is cheating, I do not advocate that. However I labeled it to clarify the difference between the "baby swap" and Hail Mary Pass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom