Which coaster is a better experience?

• Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure

Votes: 50 64.1%
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind

Votes: 28 35.9%

• Total voters

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
You might like other coasters better, but in terms of "Family" coasters, these two are the best offerings in my opinion. Which is your favorite? I really have a tough time choosing, Hagrid's is great and doesn't rely on screens but Cosmic is just so darn fun and the music makes it such a great experience.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
tough call on this one:

Guardian Rewind is indoors(a HUGE plus for me) and has an outstanding sound system

Hagrid is by far the better property to base a ride and uses AA's(a HUGE plus for me)
It really is. Both left me grinning ear to ear when I got off. Hagrids has more to look at, while Cosmic provides such a unique ride sensation.

lightningtap347

Rode Hagrid's & Velocicoaster for the first time yesterday!

Velocicoaster is definitely the most thrilling park of the two major Orlando parks.

Hagrid is really fun (especially at night) and offers a great family experience.

Guardians is a ride that makes you look at other rides and wish they bulldoze them for more experiences like Guardians. It's addicting and my favorite of the three!

Married5Times

You Space Mountains fans out there are relieved to know there will be one less to compete for a seat on the ride--- I'm officially done! Guaradians Rewind slapped that ride silly rendering it an obsolete pile of junk.

this phenomenon happened 4 years ago after I rode Flight of Passage. Any of you simulators out there not named Flight of Passage don't talk to me, ever.
Flight of passage is to Star Tours and Soarin' = Guardians Rewind is to Space Mnt..........it's that big of a difference in total ride experience

DonaldDoleWhip

You Space Mountains fans out there are relieved to know there will be one less to compete for a seat on the ride--- I'm officially done! Guaradians Rewind slapped that ride silly rendering it an obsolete pile of junk.

this phenomenon happened 4 years ago after I rode Flight of Passage. Any of you simulators out there not named Flight of Passage don't talk to me, ever.
Flight of passage is to Star Tours and Soarin' = Guardians Rewind is to Space Mnt..........it's that big of a difference in total ride experience
Felt the same way about Guardians, and not only re. Space Mountain! It also makes RnRC largely moot.

Sure, RnRC has more speed and some inversions, but it feels so simple and rough in comparison. Cosmic Rewind is next-level fun and trounces both attractions.

I’d also take it over Hagrid’s and VelociCoaster, although I do really like the latter. Hagrid’s too, just not for the wait.

Married5Times

now on to the question before us: Hagrid vs Rewind

after some soul searching and deep analysis, Hagrid is the better attraction.

*****what hurt rewind was its sterile, boring queue and the most woeful holding tank dialogue in the history of Disney. Who wrote and ultimately executed that script. Actors were horrific, particularly Terry Cruise(if that is he????) and Glen Close(if that is she???)*****

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster

*****what hurt rewind was its sterile, boring queue and the most woeful holding tank dialogue in the history of Disney. Who wrote and ultimately executed that script. Actors were horrific, particularly Terry Cruise(if that is he????) and Glen Close(if that is she???)*****
My wife and I kept saying the woman's costumes in the line where she interviews different Guardians are just awful. They look ill fitting and cheaply made. I thought the the show acting was fine other than that.
You're right though the line is pretty dull.
I also think there could be a bit more organization after the holding tank. I wouldn't be surprised if a kid got trampled one of these days, people were pretty pushy, if there was more to look at in the holding tank, like on Rise, it would not be a big deal and people might take their time leaving.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Felt the same way about Guardians, and not only re. Space Mountain! It also makes RnRC largely moot.

Sure, RnRC has more speed and some inversions, but it feels so simple and rough in comparison. Cosmic Rewind is next-level fun and trounces both attractions.

I’d also take it over Hagrid’s and VelociCoaster, although I do really like the latter. Hagrid’s too, just not for the wait.
Its funny, we had not ridden RocknRoller in years, due to our kids being too small or scared to ride and us never really thinking it was worth the wait. We rode it twice this past trip because my kids ended up loving it. That first 10 seconds of the ride are fabulous.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

To be fair, Space Mountain has been a obsolete pile of junk for a long time now.

JusticeDisney

Couldn’t disagree more. I’ve ridden Guardians multiple times and I think the story line is great and the acting is much better than most attractions. Of course, at the end of the day, who really cares about anything other than the actual ride itself, which we found to be amazing. Hagrid’s is awesome too, but it’s not a one of a kind like Guardians.

As for all Disney and Universal family themed coasters, Matterhorn tops all of the above. It provides the theme, the ride elements, and something the other two lack... the mystery.
Last time we rode, all of us were wondering what bones were still intact after it was over. That is something Hagrids and Guardians fail to deliver.

bhg469

Finally going to attempt to get a boarding group tomorrow AM. Hopefully I can finally give my opinion because Hagrids was the one experience that really made me realize that Disney hasn't had a really solid innovative attraction in a long time.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Get on Guardians and that thought will instantly change.
Agreed. It's funny that the Tron coaster is taking so long to finish. I rode it in Shanghai years ago, and it was OK but not amazing. I rode it once and that was fine. Then Hagrids comes out and it does the motorcycle thing so much better. WDW really should have been looking on ways to take the experience on Tron up a notch, but as it is, it's a copy of Shanghai's. If tron had been made a duel coaster, with each track "competing" on the grid it might have made me more excited.
Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised by Cosmic Rewind, as all the hype had been for Tron, and this ride is just so much better .

Last edited:

Married5Times

the story line(of Rewind) is great and the acting is much better than most attractions.

none are worse than those on Rewind: jamie curtis from energy to Patrick on Soarin' to Grant Seeker and Rashad from Dinosaur, to Lt Dan on Mission Space to that fu man chu dude at wonders of China. Even Short over at O Canada is better. Heck even that duo of Dr Ogden and Kumar from Flight of passage were less atrocious.

Guardian Dialogue and acting is so poor it looks like a parody, intentionally lousy.

JusticeDisney

none are worse than those on Rewind: jamie curtis from energy to Patrick on Soarin' to Grant Seeker and Rashad from Dinosaur, to Lt Dan on Mission Space to that fu man chu dude at wonders of China. Even Short over at O Canada is better. Heck even that duo of Dr Ogden and Kumar from Flight of passage were less atrocious.

Guardian Dialogue and acting is so poor it looks like a parody, intentionally lousy.
Nah, you’re dead wrong. I’m starting think you haven’t even experienced the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom