Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure is open

Tom Morrow

We feel the same way about Magic Kingdom, but people still defend it. :joyfull:
I actually posted a thread about how the Halloween and Christmas parties are so abundant that they throw off crowd distribution levels for 1/3rd of the year.

But, at least they tell you what time the park is going to close.

JT3000

The one thing we know for sure is... some individuals should probably stop using the app to figure out if its worth heading to the park or not. We know the posted information is not always a direct literal.. but is instead used to influence behavior.

http://www.thrill-data.com

This has proven reasonably accurate for wait times and current/previous closures. It won't tell you what times the ride will close, but nothing will.

Tom Morrow

Okay, so, all complaints aside, what is the story here? Why are they still having to close it down several hours before the scheduled park close after five months of operation? This is not normal. What are they working on?

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Original Poster
Okay, so, all complaints aside, what is the story here? Why are they still having to close it down several hours before the scheduled park close after five months of operation? This is not normal. What are they working on?

Are they shutting it down, or are they closing the line to new guests?

Disneyhead'71

Closing the line super early, like around 3:00 PM, so they can stop operation early.
On Tuesday, the most recent report I've heard, they shut off the line at 3:45p with a 120 min. wait. Park close was 7:00pm. I would imagine the plan that hour buffer in case of downtime. The ride seems to be running pretty good, so I'm not sure why they are still closing it so early.

raven

Rumors are going around the issue is with the duel drop track section that’s causing the issues. There are a few other coasters with a drop track section but this is the first that utilizes a duel track system to increase efficiency. No clue what the exact problem is. But it’s not like you can just turn it off and bypass the effect. The entire ride depends on it.

Rob562

Rumors are going around the issue is with the duel drop track section that’s causing the issues. There are a few other coasters with a drop track section but this is the first that utilizes a duel track system to increase efficiency. No clue what the exact problem is. But it’s not like you can just turn it off and bypass the effect. The entire ride depends on it.

It's only a data set of 2, but both times we rode it last week our bikes went into the left-hand (from the forward-facing perspective) drop track. Has anyone that's ridden it been routed to the right-hand side?

-Rob

celluloid

On Tuesday, the most recent report I've heard, they shut off the line at 3:45p with a 120 min. wait. Park close was 7:00pm. I would imagine the plan that hour buffer in case of downtime. The ride seems to be running pretty good, so I'm not sure why they are still closing it so early.

The park actually closed at six on Tues, and a special event began right after park clear so it makes more sense thisntime of year where events at IOA are frequent to not remain open closer when delays could extend the remaining guests into the event.

KathyJetson

I need some advice please. We're going to Universal for the first time since Hagrid's motorbike opened. I get motion sickness on Forbidden Journey . I'm fine on Escape from Gringotts. I also got sick on Everest last year when it went backwards. Do you think I should try Hagrids or skip it? I don't want to spend the rest of the day sick. Is the backwards part more intense than Everest? Thanks for any advice.

lazyboy97o

I need some advice please. We're going to Universal for the first time since Hagrid's motorbike opened. I get motion sickness on Forbidden Journey . I'm fine on Escape from Gringotts. I also got sick on Everest last year when it went backwards. Do you think I should try Hagrids or skip it? I don't want to spend the rest of the day sick. Is the backwards part more intense than Everest? Thanks for any advice.
Take a Bonine. It’s worth a ride.

JT3000

It's a lot less intense than that section of Everest, especially if you sit in the back.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Should be no concerns for motion sickness... the backwards section making you sick may be a point of concern.. but I don't think the ride section going reverse is all that long. I think the ride is so worth it.. I'd risk it :)

KathyJetson

We're staying at Royal Pacific and will be in the parks Sunday and Monday. Should we go line up at park opening or will we have time to do the other Harry Potter rides before we get in line? I appreciate any tips so we can make the most of our time. I can't wait its been 2 years since I've been there.

OG Runner

We're staying at Royal Pacific and will be in the parks Sunday and Monday. Should we go line up at park opening or will we have time to do the other Harry Potter rides before we get in line? I appreciate any tips so we can make the most of our time. I can't wait its been 2 years since I've been there.

Let us know how it all goes? Really hoping you enjoy it.

KathyJetson

I will . I'm sure I'll love it I'm just scared of the backwards part because I got sick on Everest. I got some sea bands I hope that does the trick.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom