Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure is open

raven

This thing has been open just shy of four months now and it still isn't running for most of the hours the park is open? Wow....
If they can't keep it running by now, what's it going to take?

All parks have their flaws and guests still enjoy themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom Morrow

Great Scott! It’s 5:00 PM and Hagrid’s is listed as open and at 75 minutes o_O

If I knew what time it was going to close I’d be heading there right now.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
tenor.gif

SiriusBlack

The ride itself is great.

Its operations are horrendous. It is routinely breaking down. This afternoon it broke down, came online for 20 minutes, stopped to add more cars, and is now broken down again for a track walk because they dont seem to know the issue.

It also says the ride is at capacity at 3 pm! You cannot promote a new ride as a reason guests should go to a park if it is at capacity with 5 hours left in the park.... mainly because of technical difficulties. Universal finally has a new ride that is great after the last few misses, and they can't even keep it functioning.

I'll be skipping universal the next few years. Some management flaws.

lebeau

Its operations are horrendous. It is routinely breaking down. This afternoon it broke down, came online for 20 minutes, stopped to add more cars, and is now broken down again for a track walk because they dont seem to know the issue.

It also says the ride is at capacity at 3 pm! You cannot promote a new ride as a reason guests should go to a park if it is at capacity with 5 hours left in the park.... mainly because of technical difficulties. Universal finally has a new ride that is great after the last few misses, and they can't even keep it functioning.

You're skipping the entire resort for a few years because of operational issues on an innovative new ride?

Cool. Whatever.

raven

👋

Rich Brownn

Lets see- what rides took over a months to get working correctly: Jaws, test Track, Universe of Energy, Spaceship Earth, American Adventures... and then there's the ones that were/are operational but never worked correctly and/or missing animation: Kongfrontation, Journey Into Imagination, Expationion:Everest, Cat In The Hat....

It's actually rare for a ride to open without operational issues for months, unless its either 1) Using a previously used ride system with little or no modification or 2) A clone.

Tom Morrow

It doesn't do anything that any previously existing ride doesn't do*, but it's innovative! INNOVATIVE! That's why it's absolutely imperative that we close the line at 3:00 PM, so it can be clear by 5:00 PM, because we absolutely definitely need 16 full hours every single night, four months after opening, to prepare this thing so it can operate for six hours tomorrow (if we're lucky!). It's definitely not because we're too cheap to pay for the staffing needed to operate it beyond scheduled park close.

*or it does slightly more of things previously done

I see you're new to these parts. You're not allowed to express these very valid criticisms. What, are you a DiSnEy FaNbOy???

JoeCamel

Seems like they should be able to get a good day of operation by now without a break down. Maybe every other day? Seems to me this is going on too long with operational problems.

Wonder if it's a constant problem or if they are having multiple problems that don't have to do with each other? That would be a much harder situation to deal with. As a hobby I like to fool around with old motorcycles and cars, Jeeps whatever. Multiple problems are hard because one thing can be effecting something else so you try to fix something else and it doesn't work, better it fails after a week or two.
Gringott's took 9 months. Let me know in the spring.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The one thing we know for sure is... some individuals should probably stop using the app to figure out if its worth heading to the park or not. We know the posted information is not always a direct literal.. but is instead used to influence behavior.

Tom Morrow

The one thing we know for sure is... some individuals should probably stop using the app to figure out if its worth heading to the park or not. We know the posted information is not always a direct literal.. but is instead used to influence behavior.
If it’s the only thing I care about riding then why the hell should I risk it? If it actually closes an hour after the app say it does, I still have no way of knowing that and if I arrive 10 minutes after their arbitrary unannounced actual closing, I still basically get the finger and “sucks to suck - we DID say it would close ‘early’.”

Though I find closing FIVE hours early ridiculous, all I want is for them to give a hard set closing time. Not sure why anyone is bending over backwards to defend this appalling excuse for guest service.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Though I find closing FIVE hours early ridiculous, all I want is for them to give a hard set closing time. Not sure why anyone is bending over backwards to defend this appalling excuse for guest service.

I'm not defending it... I'm saying stop using the reference we all know to be manipulated and not always representative of the actual situation.

"This clock sucks.. it never tells the correct time! <yet man keeps checking the same clock>"

Tom Morrow

I'm not defending it... I'm saying stop using the reference we all know to be manipulated and not always representative of the actual situation.

"This clock sucks.. it never tells the correct time! <yet man keeps checking the same clock>"
Well yeah, I did stop relying on it. I'm not gonna bother trying to ride Hagrid's again unless I happen to be in the park and the line is open, or they can hard define a closing time for it.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Original Poster
If it’s the only thing I care about riding then why the hell should I risk it? If it actually closes an hour after the app say it does, I still have no way of knowing that and if I arrive 10 minutes after their arbitrary unannounced actual closing, I still basically get the finger and “sucks to suck - we DID say it would close ‘early’.”

We feel the same way about Magic Kingdom, but people still defend it. :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom