Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure is open

flynnibus

Premium Member
Not to mention, the time the queue opens and closes changes every day. I'm fine with opening late and closing early if that's what it takes to get the thing running correctly, but I think a defined opening and closing time needs to be set. In other words, if the ride is operational, guarantee the ability to queue up between 1:00 PM and 2 hours before park close.

I think that it's not early is significant. We know this is summer storm season. If they opened early... not only could the determined get a decent wait time... they'd likely get 4-6hr of operation before weather blooms and becomes an issue.

Rich Brownn

Not to mention, the time the queue opens and closes changes every day. I'm fine with opening late and closing early if that's what it takes to get the thing running correctly, but I think a defined opening and closing time needs to be set. In other words, if the ride is operational, guarantee the ability to queue up between 1:00 PM and 2 hours before park close.
They now announced it will open (when possible) at park opening and close early depending on the line (when it hits "capacity" - i.e., the line is longer than the remaining park hours)

Tom Morrow

Another problem with not opening with the park is that it ensures no one, even the most dedicated, gets a short wait. Still more importantly though is the lack of a definite opening time. Make it 11:00 so there isn't a mad rush to it in the morning, perhaps.

Rich Brownn

Another problem with not opening with the park is that it ensures no one, even the most dedicated, gets a short wait. Still more importantly though is the lack of a definite opening time. Make it 11:00 so there isn't a mad rush to it in the morning, perhaps.
People would just line up at park opening then. They have been way over inflating the wait times, probably in case of any delays. Today they posted 210 minutes when I got in line. The actual wait was 63 minutes. And even weirder - most of the wait was outside with the line not moving (We could hear the ride was running though). Once inside past the pre-show the line zoomed - I cleared the entire inside queue in under 15 minutes to the train.

Rich Brownn

Probably dependent on how long the maintenance takes the night before.

What on earth can take nightly maintenance like that? They better figure out that problem first.
I'm thinking at this point its a combination of timing and some trains being a bit uncooperative.

cheezbat

I live close (obviously) and I’ve tried three times so far to ride and was only successful once. People keep bringing up Pandora, and while it had its hiccups, it wasn’t like this. This is the roughest opening in Orlando in recent (10-15 years) memory. However I think Universal is doing the best they can with a bad situation.
Interesting.

I’ve had better luck riding this ride than I did with Flight of Passage, Slinky Dog, or Frozen Ever After...

Give it time. It’ll get there.

voodoo321

I just checked back in to see how things were going and I'm dissapointed that it is still having problems. I guess I was one of the lucky ones and rode it with less than a 2 hour wait. I am somewhat critical and initially had less than an ecstatic review of it. I'm always dissapointed when things are hyped as much as this ride was. As I have let it sink in I think it is in the top 10 of rides that I've experienced. For theming, thrill, fun, story, immersion etc.

Tom Morrow

My friend was in the park yesterday evening. They tried to queue up around 6:00 PM and the line had already been closed. That's over four hours before the official park close. They NEED to pick a hard defined opening and closing time because its not fair to arbitrarily open and close the line and then when people complain, throw up your hands and say "Well you should have arrived at the park at 8:30 AM, stood in the pre-queue for an undetermined amount of time before the ride's actual queue opens, then wait two hours in the actual queue, hoping luck is on your side and there are no storms or breakdowns, if you wanted to ride!"

Shortening the operating hours is understandable. Making your guests gamble on whether or not they'll even be allowed in is unacceptable.

cheezbat

Just rode it again today and only waited an hour in the middle of the day. Unlike the first day of operation(my first ride), this coaster has multiple trains racing throughout the course and it was moving fast. Didn’t go down once on my visit. I think Universal is finally getting it to where it needs to be...so I think it’ll be operating at its full ability in a matter of weeks or months.

Absolutely terrific and fun ride. My brother got a ride in with me this time and he loved it too. This is a major winner for Universal.

JoeCamel

Just rode it again today and only waited an hour in the middle of the day. Unlike the first day of operation(my first ride), this coaster has multiple trains racing throughout the course and it was moving fast. Didn’t go down once on my visit. I think Universal is finally getting it to where it needs to be...so I think it’ll be operating at its full ability in a matter of weeks or months.

Absolutely terrific and fun ride. My brother got a ride in with me this time and he loved it too. This is a major winner for Universal.
If that is the case then what will the critics complain about now? That said this is today....View attachment 391774

flynnibus

Premium Member

Need more than one afternoon of stability before we declare the battle over :)

JoeCamel

Need more than one afternoon of stability before we declare the battle over :)
Weather delay then reopened to 180 mins on the sign. I waited 44 mins from open to walking out even with signage saying it was closing early today. Best ride I have been on in years... they have control of the situation. Was 5:13 pm when I got in the queue

JusticeDisney

pretty groundbreaking something they have never done. i accept the rocky start.
I really enjoyed the ride a lot, but I think “groundbreaking” is a little extreme. And whether it is or is not, they simply shouldn’t have opened until it was ready to open. There’s no reason to have a rocky start of this magnitude.

matt9112

I really enjoyed the ride a lot, but I think “groundbreaking” is a little extreme. And whether it is or is not, they simply shouldn’t have opened until it was ready to open. There’s no reason to have a rocky start of this magnitude.

ground breaaking is not extreme the logistics of that many trains on track with not just regular block brake sections but timed show scenes and track elements is unheard of in the us. as an aside some things are best tested in reality even if its rocky. you cant forsee everything. could more testing have hurt of course not. i remember FOP had huge downtimes during its preview periods. (now i do think universal should have called this soft operations publicly vs grand opening) i waited sitting on the floor of FOP que for 3 hours.

JusticeDisney

ground breaaking is not extreme the logistics of that many trains on track with not just regular block brake sections but timed show scenes and track elements is unheard of in the us. as an aside some things are best tested in reality even if its rocky. you cant forsee everything. could more testing have hurt of course not. i remember FOP had huge downtimes during its preview periods. (now i do think universal should have called this soft operations publicly vs grand opening) i waited sitting on the floor of FOP que for 3 hours.
Totally disagree with you. The ride is unique and some respects, to be sure. But it is not groundbreaking. And the way they have handled the opening has been a joke. Constant breakdowns. Nobody knowing when the ride will open. Nobody knowing when the queue will be closed.

Also, not sure what FOP has to do with this, but since you brought it up, the FOP opening, while far from perfect, was a masterpiece compared to Hagrid’s opening.

Rich Brownn

Totally disagree with you. The ride is unique and some respects, to be sure. But it is not groundbreaking. And the way they have handled the opening has been a joke. Constant breakdowns. Nobody knowing when the ride will open. Nobody knowing when the queue will be closed.

Also, not sure what FOP has to do with this, but since you brought it up, the FOP opening, while far from perfect, was a masterpiece compared to Hagrid’s opening.
Universe of Energy: Hold my beer....
Test Track: Hold mine too....

JusticeDisney

Universe of Energy: Hold my beer....
Test Track: Hold mine too....
Again, completely irrelevant. I just love when someone has no defense to something (ie, the horrendous opening of Hagrid) so they change the topic and say “yeah, uh, well, uh, other rides were bad too!”

I don’t dispute for one second that other attractions had awful openings. But the fact remains that Hagrid’a opening has been abysmal. And you trying to deflect from that by mentioning other rides isn’t going to change that.

Rich Brownn

Again, completely irrelevant. I just love when someone has no defense to something (ie, the horrendous opening of Hagrid) so they change the topic and say “yeah, uh, well, uh, other rides were bad too!”

I don’t dispute for one second that other attractions had awful openings. But the fact remains that Hagrid’a opening has been abysmal. And you trying to deflect from that by mentioning other rides isn’t going to change that.
Oh gloom and doom. Universal is getting the ride up to speed (they overpost wait times in case of delay) but the average wait is probably half what's posted or less. And yes, this ride is extremely complex - with 7 launches, fast switch track, dual trop tracks, and multiple show sequences and synched audio, yeah its not like its a Six Flags coaster.
During testing the ride was working fine, and they set and opening date, and then something (we're still not sure what) happened. Unfortunately once cannot just change an announced date and rebook actors on a short notice.
And no, not changing the subject. Just pointing out nearly every complex ride has had difficulties on opening --- And compared to some openings (including those mentioned, as well as Universal's opening, EPCOT's opening week and of course, Disneyland's opening) this is pretty much far from abysmal. And yet, they all survived. And after reading your last few posts, I realize this is beating a dead horse with you, so I shall bid you adieu

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom