Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure is open

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I like what I've seen of the ride-through vids, but are there any where the unicorn doesn't look kinda janky? Maybe I just don't see enough real unicorns and their legs really look like that lol

Actual unicorns in the wild are indeed spastic and embarrassingly awkward in their movements. They're the nerds/geeks of the cryptids.

General Mayhem

I got to ride for the 3rd time today. Queue was posted at 4 hours and we waited for 70 minutes. They seem to be getting in the swing of things now, there were barely any stops while we were waiting. Also they have placed a temporary AC unit in the emergency exit door of the egg room. Also a new prop piece has been added to the Egg room, it is a large turtle shell that has crystals growing out of it.

Tom Morrow

I got to ride for the 3rd time today. Queue was posted at 4 hours and we waited for 70 minutes. They seem to be getting in the swing of things now, there were barely any stops while we were waiting. Also they have placed a temporary AC unit in the emergency exit door of the egg room. Also a new prop piece has been added to the Egg room, it is a large turtle shell that has crystals growing out of it.
What time did you get in line, and do you know what time they closed off the line?

I want to ride again, and I'm willing to wait, but I hate making the effort to go if I can't get in the line at all.

flynnibus

Premium Member

JusticeDisney

Well, just rode this today. Ride didn’t open until about 4:30pm because of technical issues and then broke down toward the end of my first ride. Luckily, I didn’t have to wait in the approximate 4-hour long line because someone in my group works for Universal Pictures. Anyway, as for the ride, it was a lot of fun, no doubt about it. But to me the theming was nothing special. Indeed, I almost forgot it was even Harry Potter related. Overall, it’s a really good ride, but not mind blowing. I would definitely recommend doing it, but only after the ridiculous lines die down.

Just my $.02.

voodoo321

Well, just rode this today. Ride didn’t open until about 4:30pm because of technical issues and then broke down toward the end of my first ride. Luckily, I didn’t have to wait in the approximate 4-hour long line because someone in my group works for Universal Pictures. Anyway, as for the ride, it was a lot of fun, no doubt about it. But to me the theming was nothing special. Indeed, I almost forgot it was even Harry Potter related. Overall, it’s a really good ride, but not mind blowing. I would definitely recommend doing it, but only after the ridiculous lines die down.

Just my $.02.
I rode for the first time Sunday as well. I wasn't necessarily blown away by it either but I can't complain about the theming. I didn't have anybody bigshots in my group to shorten my wait. I queued up around 5 and was off around 7. Single riders were telling me it was a little over an hour for them. It's curious that say you almost forgot it was Harry Potter related. That's kind of like saying that you almost forgot that Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was Snow White related. I agree that it would be wise to wait until they get the bugs worked out on the ride system(and obviously there are some major bugs) and the crowds die down. Overall I was pleased with the ride. It's a much better experience than Gringott's.

flynnibus

Premium Member
That's kind of like saying that you almost forgot that Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was Snow White related

Yeah, it's kind hard to omit the Hagrid narration, the elaborate motorbike you're riding, etc. I can see someone saying the scenery itself not being 100% HP 100% of the time... and if you were in a generic box vehicle I might agree with them. But the motorbike portion of it is very high profile

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom