"Guide to Disney World on main page of CNN.com; promotes dodging paying for parking!!

Wilt Dasney

I've never even seen anyone on these boards suggest parking at the water parks or golf courses. I thought we had the cheapskate professionals here. :lol:

sanaj2000

ive been touting the parking at downtown disney thing for the last year but because its longer travel time, my relaitves wont do it.
oh well...

Glasgow

He does promote the value resorts though, so Disney probably will come out ahead in the end .. I wouldn't worry too much about a few people skipping out on parking

officeboy

Considering the security presence at the Boardwalk cast parking lot the last few years when F&W and F&G are running at EC I think it is a safe bet Disney knows these loop holes exist. I suspect they don't really care most of the time or they would have turned the gates back on years ago. (Yeah I know there is more to it than just turning them on)

My fear is now that this article is out is that my favorite free place to park for EC will go away. That would really suck since I am, um, frugal. :lookaroun At least they didn't mention a certain foul lane....

bgraham34

I personally would rather just pay to park than have to take longer to my destination and switch buses. Too much of a hassle.

rainfully

Anyone who pays for parking at MK is a fool if you ask me... there are SO many ways around it its ridiculous. There's even a few ways to get into the parking lot without even driving through the toll plaza... if you really think about it and know your way around. :lookaroun

Even at the other parks... if you just say you're dropping off and you go to park... how closely do they REALLY monitor it? I doubt anyone is really paying that much attention.

BTW... I do not endorse any of this activity and am not responsible for any consequences that may occur... :lookaroun

Phonedave

Crap writing.

The author lives in Tampa and he as been to WDW, by his own admission hundreds of times.

He then states his family has never paid for parking because they use DTD or Water Parks, or Resorts.

I am pretty sure if he is Mr. Frugal, he is not paying the $82 a day admission he claims in the article. He has an AP. And if so, he has free parking.

My take, anyone who has been to WDW 100's of times knows that you can park for free. They also know how much of a PIA it can be. They also know that it can be a hot button item. I say he threw that in there to get a rise out of people (also with the sleeping in the HOP comments). Maybe he is hoping he will get a lot of traffic on the CNN site and be able to say "See how popular I am, look at all the comments - pay me more money"

-dave

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They are well known. The guy writes as if it is his discovery, his secret.

It`s also well known how long it can take to get to the MK, or anywhere, using this method.

csm

We don't monitor it. Reason being is because if we do catch them and ask them to go back around and pay, the guest will yell, curse, threaten, and physically hit us if we prove that they were wrong, so no, we don't monitor it, for our own mental health and protection. Guests love being right, every day, all day. Whatever they can do to make sure that they're right, they will do. Even if it means hitting a Cast Member in the parking lot (which happens several times a week).

Sounds more like you're the one that loves being right.

Kind of off topic but still related to the article:

Did anyone else notice how many yellow bucket hats people are wearing in the article photo? It just seems like a lot of the same hat being worn in one picture is a little unusual.

Do they give these away? Or are they an item for sale in the park?

Phonedave

Did anyone else notice how many yellow bucket hats people are wearing in the article photo? It just seems like a lot of the same hat being worn in one picture is a little unusual.

That's an odd picture all around. Look at all the people taking pictures. Look at the directions they are facing. All over the place.

Yes, the parade goes all around the hub, but I have never seen a small group of people taking pictures in a 360 degree arc.

Maybe they are mind controll hats overriding their picture taking ability.

-dave

R W B

I've been thinking about doing the parking at DTD and catching buses thing for my May trip but still not sure. The thing is though I know we will visit DTD often because of the shops but I'm still not sure.

Last July when I was there they had a bunch of south american groups there and alot of them wore matching bright colored hats and some had all matching outfits. So it might be a group.

Buried20KLeague

Original Poster
That's an odd picture all around. Look at all the people taking pictures. Look at the directions they are facing. All over the place.

Yes, the parade goes all around the hub, but I have never seen a small group of people taking pictures in a 360 degree arc.

Maybe they are mind controll hats overriding their picture taking ability.

-dave

And on top of THAT... Only one person is SORT of watching the parade as it passes by.

It's really a funny picture, when you sit and think about it.

yoyoflamingo

I find it interesting that he is promoting spontaneity, yet the "Fastpass from home"/Nextgen technology has people worried that sponaneity may be a thing of the past...

Scuttle

you pay to park, but you can go ride the monorail and buses all day long! It seems so damn backwards doesnt it lol?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom