Guests With Sept. Park Experience - Help!

Raychul

Original Poster
Hi, usually I go to WDW in the slow time of May, this year I will be going the week of September 14-21st. I know it is the last week of Free Dining and I didn't think of that when I booked my trip.

For those of you who have been during this time, what should I expect? I have all of my ADR's already set...my main worry is a crowded park. Out of your experiences going in September what kind of wait times whould I expect? Will it be packed like during on-season, or a little more laid back like I am used to during the off-season of May?

Also, what kind of weather should I expect? Does it usually rain alot during that month or is it still pretty hot and humid? I live in San Fran so I get enough overcast days here as is...I was hoping it was still hot in September in FL. Did I guess right?

DisneyGigi

We go the first week of September and even on Labor Day it is not bad at all. Last year was one of the least crowded times that I have ever been. Max wait was 35-40 minutes on the Saturday we arrived midday for Splash. (besides Soarin, which is always high) The rest of the week it was 5-10 on most anything. We were also seated very quickly at our Table Services.
It is Hot but not unbearable for me. (I like it) It may be a bit cooler than when we go but it will still probably be humid and 90s. When it rained it was only for about 30 minute (storm) so it wasn't a big deal, we just ducked into a line and usually missed it.
Have fun. :wave:

TigerLily_CM

Hey...September is a great time of year to go. Kids are back in school so the parks isn't as crowded until around late October, I find.

You'll still get some of the summer showers...honestly i swear around 2-2:30 every second day there would be a rain shower but it kind of feels refreshing, though doesn't help alot with the humidity later in the day.

Weather is hot, but I would think it's similar to what you would have in San Fran. Drink lots of water :)

You'll probably find wait times comparable to May so you'll have a great time :wave:

Raychul

Original Poster
Thanks! It's actually pretty cold here in San Fran. Still jacket weather. I am comfy with weather in the 90's or above, it stays in the low 70's high 60's here. I sure hope it's not that cold while I am in FL, I hopeing for high 80's or warmer.

barbara

Its hot and humid during the day (80's), it rains about 5ish everyday, doesn't usually last long. The parks aren't crowded at all, we have gone the last 4 years in Sept. the only crowded day is Saturday's (locals coming in for the weekend). Wait times, no longer than 10 minutes usually. Going during free dining, ADR is a must (thats the hard part) so sounds like you got it covered. Maybe love bugs.

disneytopdog

I am a September veteran. This year will be my fourth consecutive September. I have to agree with the other posters. September is not bad if you can handle heat and humidity. I am from Texas so September Florida weather is just like September Texas weather.

Crowds are not that bad. Wait times run 20 to 40 minutes.

Wow, I think I can actually help out on this one!!! I too am from San Francisco and went to WDW last September and am returning again this September. We loved it! The parks weren't crowded at all, the free dining was incredible, and the weather was HOT. Such a nice change after a chilly SF summer.

You'll have a blast.

The longest waits we had were at the restaurants (even with our ADR's). Lines for attractions are nothing to worry about.

TigerLily_CM

Thanks! It's actually pretty cold here in San Fran. Still jacket weather. I am comfy with weather in the 90's or above, it stays in the low 70's high 60's here. I sure hope it's not that cold while I am in FL, I hopeing for high 80's or warmer.

I had to do a little conversion...but I'm up in Canada and it's been a pretty steady 70 here for a few days and that's pretty warm for this time of year...I'm out in shorts and t-shirts everyday :lol: I guess "cold" is a relative term I basically stay in shorts when it hits 62 and complain about the heat when it gets to 86

stevediesel

Hi, usually I go to WDW in the slow time of May, this year I will be going the week of September 14-21st. I know it is the last week of Free Dining and I didn't think of that when I booked my trip.

For those of you who have been during this time, what should I expect? I have all of my ADR's already set...my main worry is a crowded park. Out of your experiences going in September what kind of wait times whould I expect? Will it be packed like during on-season, or a little more laid back like I am used to during the off-season of May?

Also, what kind of weather should I expect? Does it usually rain alot during that month or is it still pretty hot and humid? I live in San Fran so I get enough overcast days here as is...I was hoping it was still hot in September in FL. Did I guess right?

Thanks for starting the thread Raychul, I'll be there September 16th–24th so the info is relevant for me too. I was curious about wait times too.

tdonald

That's probably THE least crowded time of the year. There are no large crowds at Epcot for F&W, so the only special event is Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, which is never very crowded in September. You're going going at a GREAT time, crowd-wise.

jerlev

Our anniversary is September 27, and we have gone to Disney every year. So that's 11 years now (honeymoon and 10 anniversaries).

Weather is usually cool in the mornings and at night. During the day, you'll need shorts as the temps get back into the 80's. We use lockers to bring a change of clothes or plan to change clothes at the hotel if we are changing parks.

As for crowds, September is our favorite time to go because of the crowds. Most waits are under 20 minutes, if at all.

Dining can be difficult, especially during the free dining. If your plans change at all, you can find it difficult to find alternatives. I do suggest calling the dining folks if you need to find a place to eat last minute. It can save you time if most restaurants are booked up. We found this last year as we tried a few countries to find no availability. We called dining and got into China, which we had not tried, almost immediately.

Have fun!!

dixiegirl

Love September!!!! We've been every September since 1996 (for our honeymoon) We have tried other times of the year, but always stick with one trip going in september ..And we always say how much better , crowd wise it is. Yes with the free dining (which does'nt apply to us cause we're DVC) it is a little busier we've noticed over the years, but still so nice...We recently went in April for a quick trip.......one word NUTHOUSE!!!!! All we kept saying was "in September we'll do this or in September we'll do that". September really is a great time to go......You'll enjoy it!!! Yes it is pretty hot at times....but bearable......And they have those lovely luvbugs that luv hanging around... And if you can check out MNSSHP its lots of fun and not crowds at all.....

We'll be down in 91 more days!!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom