• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Guests pull eyes back in Japan Pavilion for picture taking.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Well, I think we're finally starting to see a backlash against some of the more outlandish aspects of being too PC. Technically, there's nothing wrong with having some level of social consciousness. Unfortunately, many SJWs take it upon themselves to FIX the ills of the world. Moreso, it's a very "if you're not with us, you're against us" mentality. SJWs claim to be Rousseau but act very Hobbesian.

Whether or not I agree with the SJW cause du jour is my RIGHT. Their RIGHT is to disagree with me. It is not their RIGHT to foist their belief system upon me and attempt to coerce or shame me into thinking their way (can you say ad hominem, I knew you could). But that's what is happening in this thread (if not elsewhere). Conversely, I don't see a lot of posts here ADVOCATING the inappropriate behavior. Rather, the attitude is "don't sweat the small s__t". Too bad we don't have more of that sometimes.
I’m legitimately the furthest thing from a social justice warrior there is. I hate PC culture.

This isn’t PC culture.

This is, don’t be a racist (redacted) culture.

These things don’t conflate.

Shouldigo12

Advertisement
Well, I think we're finally starting to see a backlash against some of the more outlandish aspects of being too PC. Technically, there's nothing wrong with having some level of social consciousness. Unfortunately, many SJWs take it upon themselves to FIX the ills of the world. Moreso, it's a very "if you're not with us, you're against us" mentality. SJWs claim to be Rousseau but act very Hobbesian.

Whether or not I agree with the SJW cause du jour is my RIGHT. Their RIGHT is to disagree with me. It is not their RIGHT to foist their belief system upon me and attempt to coerce or shame me into thinking their way (can you say ad hominem, I knew you could). But that's what is happening in this thread (if not elsewhere). Conversely, I don't see a lot of posts here ADVOCATING the inappropriate behavior. Rather, the attitude is "don't sweat the small s__t". Too bad we don't have more of that sometimes.
So, from my understanding a lot of people are saying this isn't a big deal because it was a private joke between friends. But it wasn't private. It was at a very popular theme park, in the Japan pavilion, where many Japanese people work. There's a difference between being overly PC and expecting people to behave decently when out in public. Those girls were most definitely not being decent. Now, I agree. As far as offensive behavior goes they could have done a lot worse. But that doesn't excuse what they did do.

thomas998

Having an attraction to a certain race does not automatically make someone a racist. It's just a preference.

That would be like calling a straight person homophobic simply because they are not attracted to people of the same gender. It doesn't work that way.
Well the very definition of racist is a belief that one race is better than others and if you have a preference for one over another that's a racist.

thomas998

I’m legitimately the furthest thing from a social justice warrior there is. I hate PC culture.

This isn’t PC culture.

This is, don’t be a racist (redacted) culture.

These things don’t conflate.
I think the problem is you don't like what they were doing is that you don't want them to be rude, you shouldn't give a flip if they are the most racist person in the world or the least. That really isn't being tolerant if you think you need to change the way other people think.

JusticeDisney

Well the very definition of racist is a belief that one race is better than others and if you have a preference for one over another that's a racist.
Actually, one can have a personal preference without thinking one is superior to the other. The fact that you can’t comprehend that is laughable. And at the same time pathetically sad.

Little piece of advice for you. Sometimes it is better to remain silent and appear stupid than it is to speak (or in this case, post) and remove all doubt.

EricsBiscuit

Amen!

pjkdog

So is a caucasian man who is usually attracted to asian women , a self hating white man?

Look I find what these people did to be immature and classless, but people do this sort of crap all the time, they need to be called out for it. Don't make it a federal offense though, literally.
If offended next time just roll up and say, hey...thats not cool. That will do more than any posting on a forum or FB can do.
On another note, if anyone has HBO, check out the show Crashing. Really funny, and the last episode was really relevant to discussion. A failed comic was defending the non PC ways of old, and honestly when you see it...just looks like a dinosaur.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

If this thread is anything to go by, there is far more griping and outrage from anti-SJW warriors than from so-called SJWs themselves. Four pages and counting of "Political correctness is destroying the world!" Who are the real snowflakes here?

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
It is not their RIGHT to foist their belief system upon me and attempt to coerce or shame me into thinking their way (can you say ad hominem, I knew you could).
That's not ad hominem.

Ad hominem is saying that there's something wrong or bad or immoral about the person, and therefor, their argument is wrong.

This is the other way around, this is saying that the argument is wrong, therefor, there's something wrong or bad or immoral about the person.

Paper straw fan

To those that say “I can’t believe this warrants a # page thread, you know you’re also responding, no?

That’s kind of what this site is, venting about things you see and hear at the parks, whether it’s the fault of WDW or park guests.

I’m never one who is going to get on social media and demand someone be fired/arrested/harassed because of something stupid they say or do that’s not illegal. I do however think it’s fine to shame people like this though, or make mention of it on a place like this. Then if someone sees this with their own eyes at a park, maybe they’ll be better prepared, whether that’s just to shoot dirty looks, inform a CM, or maybe just crop dust them in line later on (that’s my vote)

thomas998

Actually, one can have a personal preference without thinking one is superior to the other. The fact that you can’t comprehend that is laughable. And at the same time pathetically sad.

Little piece of advice for you. Sometimes it is better to remain silent and appear stupid than it is to speak (or in this case, post) and remove all doubt.
So you have a preference for the inferior... that's an interesting thought. Have you told your SO that you find him/her inferior?

And you have removed all doubt about the brain power you've got chugging away, or is it sputtering.

thomas998

So is a caucasian man who is usually attracted to asian women , a self hating white man?

Look I find what these people did to be immature and classless, but people do this sort of crap all the time, they need to be called out for it. Don't make it a federal offense though, literally.
If offended next time just roll up and say, hey...thats not cool. That will do more than any posting on a forum or FB can do.
On another note, if anyone has HBO, check out the show Crashing. Really funny, and the last episode was really relevant to discussion. A failed comic was defending the non PC ways of old, and honestly when you see it...just looks like a dinosaur.
Who knows if he is self hating but by your definition he's a racist since he prefers Asian women over other races.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I think the problem is you don't like what they were doing is that you don't want them to be rude, you shouldn't give a flip if they are the most racist person in the world or the least. That really isn't being tolerant if you think you need to change the way other people think.
Ah, the old tolerance of intolerance argument. Delightful.

FWIW....

These particular racist actions don’t offend me in the least. I’m not Asian. However I can see when something is quite clearly racist.

Shouldigo12

So you have a preference for the inferior... that's an interesting thought. Have you told your SO that you find him/her inferior?

And you have removed all doubt about the brain power you've got chugging away, or is it sputtering.
Which race are you assuming they find inferior? They specifically said preference does not mean believing one is superior over the other.

EricsBiscuit

Would women have gotten the right to vote without people fighting for social justice? Would segregation have ended?
Do you view these things as good? Seriously would you have held a sign or a water hose back in the day.
I just loved the older part no one can coerce my thinking. Definitely no to both questions. But, all I'm saying is that I don't like other people telling me how to think. SJWs tend to do that.

JusticeDisney

Wait. Actually, it’s really not, because you have done a magnificent job of demonstrating exactly who you are.

I think I will just sit back now and watch the countless people in this thread continue to own you in this debate. Not that you will be smart enough to even realize it. LMAO at you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Damon7777

Original Poster
I would like to point out that the 3 girls, presumably Argentinian did not look for an audience; did not do this using the main part of the walkways where crowds congregate.
The picture taking looked spontaneous, total impromptu.....as if just looking for a quick obligatory picture because they're in 'Japan' and then continue on with more Showcase.

There was no giggling nor playing/goofing around or disturbing others or any kind of behavior to draw attention or showing off. Once in position for the quick shot the picture taker as if on the fly directed them to do an "Oriental" ......it was done so quickly and efficiently.
Also, I did not see any signs of drunkenness nor them even carrying drinks(but, for all I knew they could have been 3 drinks deep.)

The reason I posted this for conversation is it looked as if in their culture(South America and very likely Argentina)doing the eye pull is fine, as if they could have just as easily flashed the hand peace sign or the Fonzi thumbs up.

Shouldigo12

I would like to point out that the 3 girls, presumably Argentinian did not look for an audience; did not do this using the main part of the walkways where crowds congregate.
The picture taking looked spontaneous, total impromptu.....as if just looking for a quick obligatory picture because they're in 'Japan' and then continue on with more Showcase.

There was no giggling nor playing/goofing around or disturbing others or any kind of behavior to draw attention or showing off. Once in position for the quick shot the picture taker as if on the fly directed them to do an "Oriental" ......it was done so quickly and efficiently.
Also, I did not see any signs of drunkenness nor them even carrying drinks(but, for all I knew they could have been 3 drinks deep.)

The reason I posted this for conversation is it looked as if in their culture(South America and very likely Argentina)doing the eye pull is fine, as if they could have just as easily flashed the hand peace sign or the Fonzi thumbs up.
My opinion is, regardless of what is acceptable where you live, you don't do things considered offensive in the country you're visiting. I wouldn't be flashing the peace sign if I visited England, for example.

Damon7777

Original Poster
If offended next time just roll up and say, hey...thats not cool.

With more details about the picture taking do you still think I should have approached them?

Last edited:
Top Bottom