Guest Relations saves the day!

DarthGrady

Original Poster
Disney guest relations has always had a pretty good reputation, this we know. Up until this past weekend I had never actually confirmed this, as I have never had reason to visit them.

The backstory is that we visited Magic Kingdom on Saturday, and planned to visit the Studios on Sunday. Once we got to the park on Sunday we were pretty bummed that Rockin Roller Coaster, Indiana Jones and the Backlot Tour were all closed. We wanted to stay for Fantasmic, but it was gonna be a long 8 hours until then. The park was super crowded due to some kind of cheerleading event, so we were ready to just leave and cut our losses.

But first we headed to Guest Relations to see if they might take pity on us and let us go to a different park. Without so much as an odd look, the woman we spoke to gave us a complimentary ticket to EPCOT, and re scheduled our dining reservations for that evening. I couldn't believe they were so accomodating. We took the Friendship boat over, and were in Future World within an hour (right at home:)).

(in a Ron Popeil voice) But wait, theres more!

We visited GR once more, this time at EPCOT. Last month we took the unDISCOVERed Future World tour, and at the end our guide told us we could go to the VIP area to see Illuminations. We had to leave early that day, but our guide Robert told us that if we were coming back soon to let him know and he would get us in. So we were curious if the invitation still stood even though it was a month later.

It was!

Again, the wonderful Guest Relations rep. bent over backwards for us and put our names on the list for the VIP area. There were only a few people in there that day, so she said it wasn't a problem. Awesome!

The park wasn't crowded at all, and we got to do everything in just six hours. It was a day that started out as a dud, but was totally redeemed by the excellent G.R. people. My hat is off to them. I'll post up some pics later.

swimmom

Glad to hear they were so accomdating!!!:)

How was the VIP veiewing area for Illuminations? We're thinking of taking that tour on our next trip, but haven't completely decided yet.

brkgnews

How was the VIP veiewing area for Illuminations? We're thinking of taking that tour on our next trip, but haven't completely decided yet.
If it's the same VIP viewing area that i stood in before, it was nice... nothing completely remarkable, other than the fact that since it's roped off, you're not all arses-and-elbows up against everyone else. Room to spread out and breathe and enjoy the show. :)

Oh yeah, and not having to defend your spot for an hour beforehand. ;)

miles1

I'm sure your attitude about the situation had a lot to do with it. You obviously didn't go in DEMANDING that they give you admission to another park, or admission to the VIP area, you probably just asked politely. You always get more flies with honey than vinegar.

My own experience with guest relations is that they will treat you like gold if you treat them with politeness and respect. I was once embarassed at the lengths they went to to get the answer to trivial question for me. I felt bad making them go through all that, but they did it gladly, even after I told them it wasn't really urgent. These are good people.

DisneyPrincess5

I'm sure your attitude about the situation had a lot to do with it. You obviously didn't go in DEMANDING that they give you admission to another park, or admission to the VIP area, you probably just asked politely. You always get more flies with honey than vinegar.

My own experience with guest relations is that they will treat you like gold if you treat them with politeness and respect. I was once embarassed at the lengths they went to to get the answer to trivial question for me. I felt bad making them go through all that, but they did it gladly, even after I told them it was really urgent. These are good people.

:wave:
I completely agree...they've always been helpful and kind to us, especially when we want to print our boarding passes in the parks.
If you go in snarling, good luck!

pacochran

That's great that you had such a good experience with them. My wife is like that, she's the type that says it doesn't hurt to ask and sometimes it works out great.

DarthGrady

Original Poster

It was nice not being crowded, although it probably wouldn't have been too bad since the park wasn't packed.

The area we were in was the little spot that juts out right in front of Italy next to the Venetian bridges/poles.

We saw another VIP area being set up over by China that had catered food and attendants. We just assumed that one wasn't for us! :rolleyes:

City Hall

I am certainly happy to hear of your experience. Guest Relations Cast Members are there because they want you have a great visit. It is important to note they are not genies nor dream squad handing out prizes. However, come in with a positive attitude and they will gladly work with you to ensure your stay is a pleasant one. Thanks for sharing with us all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom