Guest jumps off Living with the Land boat to grab a cucumber

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
If Disney is going to do something like this, then I think they should give them the choice of what is basically a trash bag with holes for the head and arms (not a fancy rain poncho), or to leave the park, no refund.
Burlap Sack?

dance dancing GIF by RiffTrax

Lilofan

I mean, I guess, but it's not exactly a hot tip to pay the huge price of Disney admission just to get a "free" t-shirt that probably only retails for a third of the in-park price tag. Also, I don't know about you, but I would personally have to go actually buy some revealing clothes to partake in this scheme.
Some that wear revealing clothes probably do that on a regular basis and are proud to flaunt it. There is an Orlando upscale mall located in a very sketchy area not far from touristy International Drive called the Mall of Millenia. There are posted signs regarding behavior and clothing attire while at the mall. I would think someone wearing their Daisy Dukes would be showing off a bit much.

It's surprising they gave that option for an expensive shirt like that. I know in CA if we had to replace an item or give them something we only give out a voucher for the most basic cheapest item.
I was curious about this. Why would they feel obligated to supply such an expensive item? Let’s say the guest had been gifted a less expensive item to help her comply with the established dress code; and then let’s say she pitched a fit about it on social media, and it went viral. Do you think people would generally side with Disney or the guest?

Goofyernmost

I mean, I guess, but it's not exactly a hot tip to pay the huge price of Disney admission just to get a "free" t-shirt that probably only retails for a third of the in-park price tag. Also, I don't know about you, but I would personally have to go actually buy some revealing clothes to partake in this scheme.
I agree, either Walmart or Target just offsite have a huge selection of Disney clothing articles and sizes that they don't even carry onsite. I have found them to be, in many cases, better quality then onsite items and still carry the same Disney tag. They are close enough to the action that if they weren't legit, would have been lawyered to death by now. Even the garish gift shops along 192 carry them.

Beacon Joe

The most important question: does this life hack work for men, or will I need to break out my Daisy Dukes? 🤔

Not at WDW resort pools. 😟

Have I ever relayed my story of the odd newlywed couple at the Polynesian Resort pool? She was sporting a classy white mesh one-piece that really showed off her top shelf goods. He was sporting something more modest than a banana hammock, but smaller than your average Speedo... but it was tuxedo-themed with a bright red bow tie highlighting, well... highlighting something.

Definitely a strange choice of apparel to wear in a pool full of kids, but at least they were both in shape.

Neither were approached by any CMs or offered more modest apparel as far as I saw. Maybe if you wore a banana hammock into a park, you could get a nice pair of shorts?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom