Guest allegedly points gun at another guest in WDW Parking Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

iHeartDisneylandCats

This doesn't make sense... Anybody that has ever parked a car at a WDW theme park knows that Cast Members guide guests through the parking lot towards the nearest spot. Something doesn't add up here.

peter11435

This doesn't make sense... Anybody that has ever parked a car at a WDW theme park knows that Cast Members guide guests through the parking lot towards the nearest spot. Something doesn't add up here.
Not always. The article says disabled parking which is often self park. Additionally even the standard parking becomes self park with no cast guiding you to a spot at the end of the night.

UncleMike101

Well.....
Getting a handicapped parking spot can be an aggravating experience.
I've had someone drive the wrong way in a directional specific parking lot to get to a handicapped spot ahead of me.
That said, there's never an excuse for using a firearm as a threat.
One either leaves it in a safe carry location, or uses it in self defense.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Well.....
Getting a handicapped parking spot can be an aggravating experience.
I've had someone drive the wrong way in a directional specific parking lot to get to a handicapped spot ahead of me.
That said, there's never an excuse for using a firearm as a threat.
One either leaves it in a safe carry location, or uses it in self defense.
One of the parties involved says it was a gun, the other party said it was a wallet. Is there any definitive evidence to prove the man actually pointed a gun at them?

The elderly man accused of the pointing the gun did not flea the scene nor was he arrested. Not saying he is innocent, but there isn't much evidence from what we know to think otherwise.

BigThunderMatt

One of the parties involved says it was a gun, the other party said it was a wallet. Is there any definitive evidence to prove the man actually pointed a gun at them?

The elderly man accused of the pointing the gun did not flea the scene nor was he arrested. Not saying he is innocent, but there isn't much evidence from what we know to think otherwise.

Either way, people are far too aggressive about those spots. Disney provides legitimate handicap accessible spaces well beyond what is legally required of them and provides priority spots (still within walking distance and the spots closest to the tram lanes) for guests with handicap placards when the officially designated spots are all full. The way these people act though you'd think it was the freaking hunger games over one spot in the entire parking lot.

UncleMike101

True......
He wasn't charged at the scene because it could not be determined that he actually pointed a firearm at the other guests.
If he did it was an MFU.
If he didn't, it's a case of the other people's imagination running wild. (Which seems to be all too common these days.)

jencor

Says parking for disabled....is there always someone at those spots directing?
In my years there is never anyone helping or guiding in the handicap and spaces are becoming very difficult to come by. This is becoming more and more difficult. Last time we were there just over a year ago we frequently could not find a handicap space and when you have a wheel chair with you, you do not get to take the shuttle, but need to walk. I am not sure if they can limit handicap to those who cannot take the shuttle. In Magic Kingdom it is a real problem because it is such a long walk already for those who park in handicap. I would recommend those who can take the shuttle in Magic Kingdom to take the shuttle when they can, it is less walking. It is interesting to see people park in handicap and then complain about how far they have to walk. It is not convenient.

UncleMike101

The issue for me is they did actually have a semi automatic hand gun in the car. So that is a crazy coincidence
The issue isn't: Was there a firearm in the vehicle?
There are hundreds of thousands of vehicles on the highways at any given time with firearms in them.
The issue is did the individual use his firearm to threaten another person.
Legal possession of a firearm isn't the problem.
Misuse of the firearm is!

Caleb2010

How would the elderly couple know that they had a “concealed” weapon if it wasn’t shown to them? As previously stated that’s a crazy coincidence. Even if the guy pointed a wallet, he threatened them, knew he had a gun and could have escalated the situation. Are personal firearms permitted on Disney property? Aren’t we supposed to believe permit holders are responsible gun owners.
People continue to disappoint. Wish we could all be a little more civil towards each other especially with regards to silly things like parking, it’s certainly not life or death.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
How would the elderly couple know that they had a “concealed” weapon if it wasn’t shown to them? As previously stated that’s a crazy coincidence. Even if the guy pointed a wallet, he threatened them, knew he had a gun and could have escalated the situation. Are personal firearms permitted on Disney property? Aren’t we supposed to believe permit holders are responsible gun owners.
People continue to disappoint. Wish we could all be a little more civil towards each other especially with regards to silly things like parking, it’s certainly not life or death.
You are saying that he is guilty until proven innocent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom