Guess The Quote: SSE Narration or Sesame Street

Bob Saget

Original Poster
Inspired by another discussion about the downfall of the SSE ride narration.

It's time to play: "GUESS WHERE THAT QUOTE CAME FROM!"

In this episode, we will list several quotes/lines. Your job as contestants is to guess if the line came from: a). The SSE Judi Dench narration OR b). An episode of the popular children's TV show, Sesame Street.
Let's begin.

1). Remember how easy it was to learn your ABC’s?
2). So let’s travel back in time together.
3). The library is a wonderful place with books to read.
4). Now knowledge can travel as fast as these new books, and travel they do.
5). Are you ready to create the future?
6). How about the museum? You can look at pictures of the mummies.
7). What if everyone could have one of these amazing machines in their own house?
8). An adventure we’ll take and make- together.
9). Hello everyone, boys and girls. I want to welcome you and thank you for coming to see today's show.
10). Well done. And now I believe your future is just about ready.

Contestants who get all quotes correct will receive one (1) full week of bragging rights.

Cmdr_Crimson

1). Remember how easy it was to learn your ABC’s? SSE
2). So let’s travel back in time together. SSE
3). The library is a wonderful place with books to read. Sesame Street
4). Now knowledge can travel as fast as these new books, and travel they do. SSE
5). Are you ready to create the future? SSE
6). How about the museum? You can look at pictures of the mummies. Sesame Street
7). What if everyone could have one of these amazing machines in their own house? SSE
8). An adventure we’ll take and make- together. SSE
9). Hello everyone, boys and girls. I want to welcome you and thank you for coming to see today's show. Sesame Street
10). Well done. And now I believe your future is just about ready. SSE.

Epcot-Rules

In this episode, we will list several quotes/lines. Your job as contestants is to guess if the line came from: a). The SSE Judi Dench narration OR b). An episode of the popular children's TV show, Sesame Street.
Let's begin.

1). Remember how easy it was to learn your ABC’s. SS
3). The library is a wonderful place with books to read. SS
4). Now knowledge can travel as fast as these new books, and travel they do. SSE
6). How about the museum? You can look at pictures of the mummies. SS
7). What if everyone could have one of these amazing machines in their own house? SSE
9). Hello everyone, boys and girls. I want to welcome you and thank you for coming to see today's show. SS
10). Well done. And now I believe your future is just about ready. SSE

Contestants who get all quotes correct will receive one (1) full week of bragging rights.

I think this should do it.

07vanquish

6). How about the museum? You can look at pictures of the mummies. Sesame Street
9). Hello everyone, boys and girls. I want to welcome you and thank you for coming to see today's show. Sesame Street

looks about right

Annielkd

Let's begin.

3). The library is a wonderful place with books to read. s.s.?
4). Now knowledge can travel as fast as these new books, and travel they do. S.S.E.
5). Are you ready to create the future?S.S.E.
6). How about the museum? You can look at pictures of the mummies. S.S.
7). What if everyone could have one of these amazing machines in their own house? S.S.E.
8). An adventure we’ll take and make- together. S.S. E.
9). Hello everyone, boys and girls. I want to welcome you and thank you for coming to see today's show. S.S.
10). Well done. And now I believe your future is just about ready.
S.S.E.

Great!

The Empress Lilly

That OP is win, pure Magic. :lol:

Deep in the shadows of Mount Olympus, our alphabet takes route...flowering with new expression. Hail the proud Greeks: Aeschylus, Sophocles, Euripides. The theater is born!

Oh! The majestic wonder that was EPCOT Center! :cry:

Bob Saget

Original Poster
^Correct! One week of bragging rights for you! :sohappy:

Remember how easy it was to learn your ABC's? SS
That one was tricky, but it was sadly from the SSE narration. Many believe that line alone was too below the heads of even Sesame Street's core audience.

Next do SSE or Dora the Explorer
^Not a bad idea. Every time I hear Judi Dench say: "Well done! And now I believe your future is just about ready.." I expect to hear the Dora "We did it...Hooray!" song pop up over the speakers.
[youtube]SBCw4_XgouA[/youtube]

rodserling27

Thread of the YEAR!! :sohappy:

Edit: I've got another idea. How about we "dumb down" other attraction narrations, and see how bad we can make them?

Haunted mansion: "Your cadaverous palor betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis."

Becomes:

"See the paintings on the wall? You probably saw that they look like they're stretching, don't they? That's because they are. This is a Haunted Mansion, after all."

Cmdr_Crimson

^Correct! One week of bragging rights for you! :sohappy:

Bragging Begun!
memes_like_a_boss_disney_style_Memebase_90-s500x331-221555.jpg

Bob Saget

Original Poster
Thread of the YEAR!! :sohappy:

Edit: I've got another idea. How about we "dumb down" other attraction narrations, and see how bad we can make them?

Haunted mansion: "Your cadaverous palor betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis."

Becomes:

"See the paintings on the wall? You probably saw that they look like they're stretching, don't they? That's because they are. This is a Haunted Mansion, after all."
:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Pirates: "Dead Men Tell No Tales"
to
"Dead persons cannot speak because they are motionless and unable to move their mouths."

rodserling27

I have a few more.

Tower of Terror:
"You are about to discover what lies beyond the fifth dimension, beyond the deepest darkest corners of imagination, in the Tower of Terror."

becomes:
"Remember that elevator drop you saw in the video? Thank the Twilight Zone for that...it's going to do it again!"
Or better yet:
"Remember how fun it was to watch the Twilight Zone video in the library? Thank Rod Serling for that...he invented it. Oh, and the drop sequence is now."

Electrical Parade: "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls! The Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of night-time magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthemagnetic musical sounds."

becomes:
"May I have your attention please. Disney presents our very pretty parade with lights, with cool music to go along with the floats that are in the parade."

small world:
"Though the mountains divide and the oceans are wide, it's a small world after all."

becomes: "The world is pretty big, but actually, it's not."

Bob Saget

Original Poster
I have a few more.

Tower of Terror:
"You are about to discover what lies beyond the fifth dimension, beyond the deepest darkest corners of imagination, in the Tower of Terror."

becomes:
"Remember that elevator drop you saw in the video? Thank the Twilight Zone for that...it's going to do it again!"
Or better yet:
"Remember how fun it was to watch the Twilight Zone video in the library? Thank Rod Serling for that...he invented it. Oh, and the drop sequence is now."

Electrical Parade: "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls! The Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of night-time magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthemagnetic musical sounds."

becomes:
"May I have your attention please. Disney presents our very pretty parade with lights, with cool music to go along with the floats that are in the parade."

small world:
"Though the mountains divide and the oceans are wide, it's a small world after all."

becomes: "The world is pretty big, but actually, it's not."
The American Adventure show at Epcot.
Ben Franklin: "This is the promise of America! Mr. Twain, 'tis easy to see, hard to foresee, but I foresee the American Adventure to continue a long, long time!"
becomes
Judi Dench: Even though things may look yucky right now and the future is hard to predict accurately, there is still much goodness and happy to come to America in the years ahead! Are you ready to take that journey to the future together?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom