Guess the NBA bubble wasn’t the slam dunk Disney was hoping for

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

It's a hard life being paid millions of dollars to stay in a place that some people save for a lifetime to go to. My heart goes out to the players.

gordon ramsay GIF
Yeah but they weren't allowed in the parks. they were not there for vacation but to work and were confined to certain areas since july man. the man as a right to gripe.

ImperfectPixie

Advertisement
Yeah but they weren't allowed in the parks. they were not there for vacation but to work and were confined to certain areas since july man. the man as a right to gripe.
Oh boo-hoo. He's employed and makes a fortune...he should consider himself blessed.

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

The NBA Bubble was considered a rousing success with containing COVID, especially compared to the NFL. Any time Disney can attach their name to the words "COVID success " it is good publicity.
My first reaction to hearing about the game cancellations in the NFL was "they should have stayed in a bubble"!

I can understand both sides of the situation. Yes, they are fortunate to be employed, very well paid, and get to make a career out of something they love to do. I also believe many of them are aware just how lucky they are (at least SOME of the time, anyway). But I also believe they can be stir-crazy and completely DONE with WDW as they experienced it for so long. While I would welcome being away from my family for a few weeks and working at a hotel, after that time it would begin to wear on me and I'd miss my family, miss my pets, miss my own bed.

These players (and most of the other people who had to stay in the bubble with them) worked hard to get where they are and live a life of luxury compared to most of the rest of us, but they are still PEOPLE. And people don't generally handle prolonged major disruptions of their lives well.

crispy

He agreed to the situation.
Agreed. I once read that the greatest freedom we have is to choose our own prison. There are people all over the country who have lost their livelihood and are struggling with depression because of the pandemic. Their lives have been turned upside down and disrupted, but the difference is they don't get paid millions for it.

Lilofan

Agreed. I once read that the greatest freedom we have is to choose our own prison. There are people all over the country who have lost their livelihood and are struggling with depression because of the pandemic. Their lives have been turned upside down and disrupted, but the difference is they don't get paid millions for it.
Agreed. I once read that the greatest freedom we have is to choose our own prison. There are
In your first sentence that's why we have so many ignorant people right here in the USA.

Club Cooloholic

My first reaction to hearing about the game cancellations in the NFL was "they should have stayed in a bubble"!

I can understand both sides of the situation. Yes, they are fortunate to be employed, very well paid, and get to make a career out of something they love to do. I also believe many of them are aware just how lucky they are (at least SOME of the time, anyway). But I also believe they can be stir-crazy and completely DONE with WDW as they experienced it for so long. While I would welcome being away from my family for a few weeks and working at a hotel, after that time it would begin to wear on me and I'd miss my family, miss my pets, miss my own bed.

These players (and most of the other people who had to stay in the bubble with them) worked hard to get where they are and live a life of luxury compared to most of the rest of us, but they are still PEOPLE. And people don't generally handle prolonged major disruptions of their lives well.
Absolutely. People act like these guys were handed their careers on a silver platter. Yes they have talent but it took thousands of hours of practice, ignoring outside influence and dedication to be at the level they are and make the money they do. Anyone with a child knows how hard it is to get them to practice something sometimes. Well imagine being a kid with little guidance and knowing that you have a talent and pushing it.
Want to see spoiled check out some of the riders for your favorite performing artists.

crispy

Absolutely. People act like these guys were handed their careers on a silver platter. Yes they have talent but it took thousands of hours of practice, ignoring outside influence and dedication to be at the level they are and make the money they do. Anyone with a child knows how hard it is to get them to practice something sometimes. Well imagine being a kid with little guidance and knowing that you have a talent and pushing it.
Want to see spoiled check out some of the riders for your favorite performing artists.
Yes, because if we all just practice hard enough, we could be NBA players. People who love to throw around the world privilege ignore that one all the time. Being gifted at basketball, football, singing, or acting doesn't make a person's opinion worthwhile.

ImperfectPixie

They absolutely do work their tails off to get to where they are...but as with others who are thrown into the craziness that is massive wealth and fame, they sometimes forget that it could all be gone in an instant.

Lilofan

Yes, because if we all just practice hard enough, we could be NBA players. People who love to throw around the world privilege ignore that one all the time. Being gifted at basketball, football, singing, or acting doesn't make a person's opinion worthwhile.
I could get practice 24/7 and I will never be an NBA player.

Top Bottom